PDA

View Full Version : E3 2014 - Day 0 - #E32014

Aulayna
06-10-2014, 04:02 AM
So Day 0 is open and all the major press conferences, aside fron Nintendo's digital briefing, are over. The show floor opens up tomorrow, so more news is sure to arise.

Microsoft

Sunset Overdrive releases 24th October
Crackdown 3
The Rise of the Tomb Raider
HALO: The Master Chief Collection, featuring Halo Anniversary, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3 and Halo 4 with everything unlocked as well as exclusive content leading up to Halo 5
Forza Horizon 2
Many third party titles (COD: Advanced Warfare, Dragon Age: Inquisition etc) will be releasing DLC on XBOX One first
Fable Legends - Co-Op Fable, someone gets to play as the villain and try and screw everyone over in true DnD style
Scalebound - Platinum Games Inc. new title
Ori and the Blind Forest
Inside, the spiritual sequel to Limbo
Reboot of Phantom Dust
Footage from Assassin's Creed Unity in Co-Op as well as new looks at The Witcher 3 and Project Spark
Dance Central: Spotlight for Kinect on XBOX One

Sony

Uncharted 4!
Destiny Beta first on PlayStation
White PS4 bundle with Destiny
PlayStation TV coming to the West
PlayStation Now entering Open Beta next month
Dead Island 2
The Order 1886 footage
Standalone content for InFAMOUS Second Son, does not require the base game
Little BIG Planet 3!
Bloodborne - from the creator of Dark Souls
Magicka 2
Grim Fandago remake!
Arkham Knight - new footage
No Man's Sky
Indie Games galore
Video content for PS+
YouTube Sharing
No Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts (don't say we didn't warn you!)

EA

Battlefield: Hardline - Closed Beta started today, Cops & Robbers style Battlefield
Dragon Age: Inquisition combat footage
A lot of early concept footage:

Mirror's Edge 2
Mass Effect 4
Star Wars Battlefront (coming Spring 2015)
New open-world game from Criterion, that isn't Burnout

Yearly Sports titles, with yearly spiel about new technologies
Bruce Lee in UFC
Dawngate, new MOBA

Ubisoft

Rainbow Six: Siege - Revealed!
FarCry 4 coming this fall
The Crew going into Beta in July, releasing Nov 11th on PC, PS4, XBOX One
Just Dance 2015, releasing October
Just Dance Now, smartphone based Just Dance - any internet connected device can act as the game screen. Phone is the controller. Unlimited number of players
Assassin's Creed: Unity - New Single Player footage, Releases October 28th on PC, PS4 and XBOX one
The Division story trailer
New Ubi-Art game, Valiant Hearts
Shape Up, fitness for gamers

What are you thoughts on the conferences? What news do you hope to hear from the show floor over the next 3 days? What would you like to see more of? Discuss, share trailers and geek out!

Sephiroth
06-10-2014, 04:04 AM
There is not a single thing on that list for me except that Tomb raider title is the sequel.

Aulayna
06-10-2014, 04:06 AM
Gonna hype it up again, but I am super stoked for The Division. It seems right up my street.

Battlefield: Hardline, looks like a lot of fun too - I'm not usually a Battlefield fan - but the Cops & Robbers spin on it seems like it has the potential for a great night of alcohol infused gaming. On that note, I'm also digging that co-operative play seems to be making a huge return, with the likes of Assassin's Creed: Unity and FarCry 4 featuring Co-Op, or as we're calling it now, Bro-Op play!

No Man's Sky was a surprise highlight of Sony for me, although The Order 1886 still has my interest. Still, nothing has made me want to rush out and buy either of the consoles yet.

Ayen
06-10-2014, 04:06 AM
The Rise of the Tomb Raider? *sighs* Who comes up with these names?

Mass Effect 4? Sweet. I'm still hesitant to give EA any of my money, though.

So far there are only two things (three counting MGSV) that I care about. I can take or leave the rest.

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 04:08 AM
Not much to be honest. MGSV but that is still a long ways off from seeing a release, nice to see Grim Fandango is getting some love, a few neat titles here and there but nothing amazing just yet to make me want to jump into the next-gen cycle just yet.

Aulayna
06-10-2014, 04:52 AM
Also, been awake for over 24 hours now, working... and then prepping for and covering today... time to go get some hyped shut-eye in, need to be super refreshed for much excitement from Nintendo tomorrow.

Bolivar
06-10-2014, 05:39 AM
Most looking forward to MGSV, No Man's Sky, Arkham Knight, Far Cry 4, Hotline Miami 2 (level editor announced today! ^_^), Magicka 2, Little Big Planet 3, and Drive Club.

The conferences did what they needed to do six months into the generation - outline the steady stream of upcoming content, AAA and Indie, across both platforms. I was getting worried there wouldn't be any surprises this E3 but Sony announced some great stuff, showcasing variety and innovation. Can't wait to dig deeper throughout the week.

Shauna
06-10-2014, 10:24 AM
Thanks for your coverage, Aulayna! :) Super hype for TR and that's about it.

fat_moogle
06-10-2014, 11:51 AM
The highlights for me so far are...

Rise of the Tomb Raider

I loved the last game, and I look forward to seeing how they further develop Lara. Also, I love the name!

Assassins Creed Unity

I haven't played an AC game since the first one, waaaaay back in the day before Trophies exist on PS3. I think nows the time to jump on to a new one.

GTAV

I held off on buying GTAV on PS3 because I knew a PS4 announcement was coming sooner rather than later! Will defo be picking this up when I get a PS4.

The Order: 1886

Although I'm excited for this I'm a little wary. Graphics look stunning but the gameplay looks a little shallow and this could let it down a bit. But I'll judge for myself when I pick it up in February!

Uncharted 4

Looks stunning. Pretty much guaranteed to be another epic adventure with Drake! Liking his new look.

Del Murder
06-10-2014, 08:46 PM
Day 0 thoughts

Must play:
ARKHAM KNIGHT - GOTY canididate easily
Uncharted 4 - I'll play any adventure/shooter Naughty Dog makes
Assassin's Creed Unity - Love the Paris setting but I hope they give it a twist like AC4 had with the pirate theme
MGS5 - Looks pretty epic

Has my interest:
The Order 1886 - Looking good, some of the moves they showed were crazy
Dragon Age: Inquisition - Need to play DA2 first or maybe I just skip it for this one
Mass Effect 4 - Too early to tell but it's ME so ya know

black orb
06-10-2014, 08:59 PM
Bloodborne - from the creator of Dark Souls

>>> This was another pleasant surprise to me, a must play without a doubt.. I guess this E3 wasnt that bad..:luca:

Loony BoB
06-10-2014, 10:20 PM
Finally had a chance to watch a bunch of these videos. I'm a very interested in No Man's Sky - I'm a massive fan of exploration games and space flight games, so if this does both... well, basically it blew my mind the moment he hopped in and entered space and then went to a new planet right after that. Holy crap. This isn't your every day thing - it all comes down to just how much they can add into the system, of course, and how unique they can make each planet and animal feel... but the potential is just incredible. Just walking around all these new worlds sounds interesting enough to me, though. I love exploration.

AC Unity looks awesome, too. It's definitely got the Les Mis vibe running from start to finish and Danielle and I love that, so it'll be interesting to see how good and how 'complete' the co-op campaign will be.

The Batman game looks awesome but I got really tired of the night in Arkham City and I get the feeling it will drag on me in this game, too. I'm sure whatever happens I'll really enjoy it though.

I loved Far Cry 3 so much that I took a massive pinch of salt when watching the videos for Far Cry 4. I thought "Well, they can't exactly get anything nearly as good as Vaas." And they probably won't be as good as him. But this new guy? Nearly as good? I think so. I think he seems like a posh Vaas, sort of like a spiritual successor to him, and that makes me want to play already. Probably my second favourite game of the ones I've seen.

I haven't seen much of Mass Effect 4 because they haven't revealed much but it looks great. I'm sure I'll get it and enjoy it. Ditto for Uncharted 4 and the new Tomb Raider game.

Fable Legends looks like a neat idea but I like my co-op being actual co-op, not team vs. solo (which seems to be a pretty big thing this generation).