PDA

View Full Version : Oh that's just GROSS!!!

Night Fury
06-10-2014, 05:59 AM
So for about a week and a half, I've had some reaaaal nasty toothache. It ended up in my gum getting pretty swollen and sore. I thought I had an abscess or something as I'd been flossing, mouthwashing, and brushing and it hadn't subsided at all.

Anyway, last night I was eating some bread and suddenly it just really started to hurt like hell, so I brushed my tongue over the swollen gum and felt something sharp there... I tried to rub it out with my fingers but in the end I had to get up and go at it with some floss. Turns out I had some of that popcorn skin stuff in between my back teeth for about 2 weeks! :o

I can't believe that my flossing hadn't shifted it earlier, it was so gross to think about!!! YUCK. It was SUCH a relief to have it out though, and this morning my gum has gone back down to normal and it doesn't hurt anymore. I'm glad it wasn't an abscess, but urgh how could I not have gotten that shit out sooner? HOW DID IT GET IN THERE SO BAD?

What's the last gross thing that happened to you?

Alive-Cat
06-10-2014, 06:03 AM
The same thing happened to me the other week but instead of gross popcorn stuff it was a piece of glass and instead of my gums it was my elbow. But a similar thing happened!

I didn't try to floss it or brush it or anything either, being my elbow, but I had to do other gross stuff to get that glass out. Manly gross stuff.

Go to the doctors to get that glass out?

:lol:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-10-2014, 06:14 AM
Allergy season rolling around now, sometimes I sneeze to the point where I get nose bleeds.

The allergy meds I've tried make me super drowsy, which is a no no for work. So I can either have a bloody nose on occasion or sleep on the job.

starlet
06-10-2014, 06:17 AM
OOOHH MAN. I have so many stories thanks to my line of work and neglectful people/working with animals!

Probably the worst story... One time while expressing anal glands (you literally squeeze out a watery-like substance out of their bum. For some dogs, it it isn't done regularly their anal glands can become impacted and an expensive surgery. It's an unfortunate part of the job :( ), the "stream" decided to go left field for whatever reason and it got in my hair and on part of my neck :eek: It barely missed my face by centimeters!. And I learned the hard way just how hard it is to get that smell out! That was awful and I never want to experience it again!

Just last week a dog decided to poop on my arm while I was blowdrying him, that was fun...

A while back I had a dog with a TON of eye crusties around her eyes and almost down to her mouth, so I started shaving all of it out. The area that was all crusted over wasn't actually from her eyes, it was from a mole or wart or something that exploded forever ago. AND THEN THE SMELL CAME. I'm pretty sure that's what death itself smells like.

Do I win? :lol:

Sephex
06-10-2014, 06:25 AM
I told this story in chat a couple of years ago, but I might as well tell it here. This is the story about what happened when I had an entire fifth of Captain Morgan in two hours. I don't want to write a wall of paragraphs so I will "green text" the story.

>It is 2008
>regularly drink at my buddy Eric's house
>it is a work night
>go to grocery story and purchase Captain Morgan
>get back to Eric's and I finish half the fifth, straight, in a half an hour
>I suggest that I stop
>"It's only 5:30, man. Don't worry about it."
>Eric would live to regret those words
>In my already inebriated logic, I decide to "milk" the last half
>fifth is gone by 7pm
>holy s*** I am GONE
>memories of the night start to black out at this point
>following is the combo of what I can remember/was told that happened
>Eric stopped drinking and sobered up because of how gone I was
>was on the floor arguing with myself and swinging punches at the air because I disagreed with myself
>went into his bathroom and puked everywhere but the toilet seat, probably some other body fluids too
>Eric is freaking out
>Despite how gone I was I manage to clean everything
>socks and pants are no longer salvageable, Eric makes me throw them in a trashbag
>After he gives me some ratty PJ pants and socks he doesn't care about, I move to go out of the bathroom
>stop
>fall flat on my face hitting my nose
>did not break it but blood is everywhere
>while Eric is managing carnage in his hallway, I decide it would be a good idea to use his then girlfriend's pillow to lie down on
>pillow is lost to bloodstains and tears
>Eric grabs me by the shirt collar
>I thought he was going to hit me and I beg him not to do it
>"I'M NOT GOING TO HIT YOU JUST GET IN THE SHOWER!!"
>"hOW mANNy shoOooWERS do you WAnt Me to take?"
>"JUST GET IN THE F***ING SHOWER!!!"
>in shower
>forget why I am in there
>luckily remember to get dressed
>Eric called my then girlfriend to pick me up
>he has me lay down on a couch behind his computer area while he is on the net to pass time
>start vocalizing Mega Man 2 tunes and ask Eric which is his favorite 74 times
>Eric's girlfriend comes home and sees pillow
>she is pissed
>girlfriend shows up with friend so one can drive her car and one can drive mine
>she is pissed
>I ain't having none of that s***
>notice the PJs Eric gave me are neon blue and have a zebra stripe pattern
>start to laugh as I do the MC Hammer slide
>girlfriend more pissed
>girlfriend drives me home as I talk about the 90s
>fall asleep
>work alarm wakes me up at 5am
>still drunk out of my mind
>call in sick
>filed incident in head as a wake up call not to drink so much

Pumpkin
06-10-2014, 06:26 AM
There was the time I had food poisoning and.... well let's just say my body decided to clear it out of both ends :s

Jessweeee♪
06-10-2014, 06:45 AM
OOOHH MAN. I have so many stories thanks to my line of work and neglectful people/working with animals!

Probably the worst story... One time while expressing anal glands (you literally squeeze out a watery-like substance out of their bum. For some dogs, it it isn't done regularly their anal glands can become impacted and an expensive surgery.

Wait, that's like a thing you have to do regularly when you have a dog? Like all the time? Me and my cat are very happy here thank you :(

starlet
06-10-2014, 06:52 AM

Probably the worst story... One time while expressing anal glands (you literally squeeze out a watery-like substance out of their bum. For some dogs, it it isn't done regularly their anal glands can become impacted and an expensive surgery.

Wait, that's like a thing you have to do regularly when you have a dog? Like all the time? Me and my cat are very happy here thank you :(

Not every dog needs that sort of thing done but I do have to check just in case. Groomers are almost like....the first line of defense when it comes to detecting problems? There's one dog in particular that I checked and something wasnt right, so I told the owner and apparently he had a cancerous tumor. They had it removed and it saved the dogs life. SO I mean....if I can do things like that, its worth all the awkward and gross that I deal with daily.

Shorty
06-10-2014, 06:54 AM
Gross, starly wins the thread.

The worst gross thing that's happened to me lately is that upon bending down to get my lunch out of the fridge at work, I was met with the "forgotten middle shelf" that gets overshadowed by everything that everyone leaves on the top shelf and what met me eye-to-eye no longer resembled food of any kind fit for human consumption.

Kalevala
06-10-2014, 07:25 AM
There was the time I had food poisoning and.... well let's just say my body decided to clear it out of both ends :s

This happened to me except via a hangover on Easter Weekend. I was already on the toilet so my only other option was a wicker basket. I'll leave the rest up to your imagination.

Bubba
06-10-2014, 10:53 AM
The boy stood on the burning deck
Picking his nose like mad
He rolled them up in little balls
And flicked them at his Dad

As a child, I used to pick my nose and then eat it.

Alive-Cat
06-10-2014, 05:56 PM
When I was a child and had just learned to use the big people's toilet (I used to squat with my feet on the seat because I didn't like to sit down on it, I did that for far too long into my childhood,) I realised there was no toilet paper. So I used a wet flannel, and for some reason, because I wanted to re-use it, I flicked it everywhere, and the poo went all over the walls and ceiling and myself.

starlet
06-10-2014, 06:59 PM
Dear diary,

Today, I have a dog with worms. WORMS. That is all, carry on :lol:

Alive-Cat
06-10-2014, 07:11 PM
Dear diary,

Today, I have a dog with worms. WORMS. That is all, carry on :lol:

Actually, no lie, I had worms when I was a little kid. Seriously. I remember :(