PDA

View Full Version : Who is Kirks BFF?

Pumpkin
06-10-2014, 06:23 AM
Trying to settle an argument here :colbert:

theundeadhero
06-10-2014, 06:28 PM
I don't see how there can be a debate. Kirk and Spock are always going around saying we're BFF buddies ;)

Pike
06-10-2014, 06:30 PM
Kirk and Bones are very, very good friends. But Kirk and Spock have a special relationship as can be seen in, well... Star Trek II, Star Trek III, Star Trek IV...

And obviously the reboot.

So Spock is really the best answer here.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-10-2014, 08:43 PM
I'm on the side of the argument that says it's a trifecta between all three. It is meeting with heavy resistance, even though someone hasn't even seen much of the original series.

While Kirk and Spock develop an understanding, a unique appreciation and friendship is also developed between Spock and Bones. Kirk and Bones have been friends for a good long time. He was supposed to be the foil to Spock's logic, acting as the conscious/emotional side in the debates when talking to Kirk.

I think without all three it's not the same, and so it's hard to put one over the other, IMO.

Pike
06-10-2014, 08:46 PM
While I most certainly agree that they work best as a trio and that their interactions as a trio is what "made" the Original Series, I've still gotta say Kirk/Spock is the BFF pairing here. Obviously no one wants to pick one friend over another and Kirk certainly would never pick one over the other but as an outsider looking in I've still got to hand it to Kirk/Spock.

I say this as a BIG McCoy fan. Love that guy. Not quite Scotty but still A+

Alive-Cat
06-10-2014, 10:25 PM
Gonna third/fourth/whatever the idea of it being kind of all three, but mainly Spock. They are special besty bros!

Madame Adequate
06-10-2014, 10:28 PM
As much as the crew are all close, half the point of TOS is the friendship between Kirk and Spock. As much is explicitly said in the reboot, even though at first Kirk and Bones are BFFs and they become a great trio.

Raistlin
06-10-2014, 11:55 PM
I agree with Pike. Obviously they're best suited to have each of the 3 to play off of, but Kirk and Spock are the BFFs of TOS. Though Bones would arguably be Kirk's closest/oldest friend.

Colonel Angus
06-11-2014, 01:26 AM
Damn it, Jim, I'm a doctor, not your bestie!

Ayen
06-11-2014, 02:27 AM
Spock.