PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo E3 2014 - "Press Conference" - Post Show Discussion - #E32014

Aulayna
06-10-2014, 03:51 PM
Tuesday, 10th June 2014 - 9am PST, 12pm EST, 5pm GMT (BST)

The big N hasn't had the smoothest of rides with the Wii Ul. However, the recently release of the critically acclaimed Mario Kart 8 has generated a surge of interest in the platform. This is Nintendo's chance to capitalise on that moment. With titles such as Smash Bros. and Zelda U to pin down the first-party fortress, this could well be Nintendo's year at E3.

What are you excited to see from Nintendo's broadcast?

Our Live Blog coverage (best viewed using the Fifteen style on a maximised window) can be found:

HERE (http://home.eyesonff.com/content.php/3139-Nintendo-E3-2014-Press-Conference-LIVE-Coverage-E32014)

TOO LONG, DIDN'T READ:

Amiibo - Nintendo's take on the Skylanders/Disney Infinity toy series
Mii's in Smash
Lady Palutena confirmed for Smash
New Zelda looks gorgeous - Coming 2015
Xenoblade Chronicles! - 2015
Link, Princess Zelda, Impa and Midna all playable in Hyrule Warriors
Hyrule Warriors releasing September 2014 - features 2 player co-op
Bayonetta 2 includes Bayonetta and Nintendo themed costumes
Splatoon - 4v4 paintball - 2015
Yoshi's Wooly World - 2015 - features 2 player co-op
Wii U Kirby - 2015
Mario Maker - build your own Mario Game

Freya
06-10-2014, 04:41 PM
I'm the most excited about this conference. Go Nintendo!

Aulayna
06-10-2014, 04:54 PM
We've actually got comments linked to the Live Blog, working for this conference. :)

Bolivar
06-10-2014, 04:55 PM
Third party support, new IPs and RPGs please!

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 04:59 PM
This one has the most potential for me because they have at least three games I'm looking forward to. Issue is that I don't think any of them are close to being ready so this show could be hit or miss.

Jiro
06-10-2014, 05:03 PM
Miis in Smash Bros oh man xD

NeoCracker
06-10-2014, 05:04 PM
I coudl not give less of a shit about being able to use your Mii's in Smash.

Freya
06-10-2014, 05:11 PM
You're just jealous cause my mii can kick your miis butt

NeoCracker
06-10-2014, 05:13 PM
COnsidering my inevitable lack of practice with Mii's, your'e likely right!

And I'm not sure what to think about Amiibo's. Like, not at all.

Skyblade
06-10-2014, 05:13 PM
The Live coverage doesn't work on my phone. :(

Updates, please!

NeoCracker
06-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Amiibo's have little to no information, but we got ot see Iwata and Regie Kung Fu fight before resorting to Fighiting in Smash instead!

And now they are talking about Yoshi's Yarn, and OH MY GOD IT LOOKS ADORABLE!

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 05:18 PM
OMG Taod finally got his own game! :eek:

NeoCracker
06-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Yoshi's Wooly World and a New Mario game starting Archiologist Toad look fucking awesome!And new Legend of Zelda! :D

Skyblade
06-10-2014, 05:21 PM
So far so good. Now we just need SMTXFE. C'mon, Nintendo, don't let me down...

Freya
06-10-2014, 05:22 PM
Zelda hype time! Hype time!

NeoCracker
06-10-2014, 05:23 PM
New Zelda looks great and is next year!

NeoCracker
06-10-2014, 05:24 PM
GOD YES ZELDA HYPE TIME!

And now the Pokemon remakes. Don't care myself, but I'm loving these Robotbot Chicken Style snippets!

Skyblade
06-10-2014, 05:26 PM
GOD YES ZELDA HYPE TIME!

And now the Pokemon remakes. Don't care myself, but I'm loving these Robotbot Chicken Style snippets!

I'm loving how the hype is absolutely destroying everyone's spelling.

I hope someone is recording, though. I want to watch after work.

NeoCracker
06-10-2014, 05:27 PM
OH GOD BAYONETTA 2! THIS OCTOBER! PACKAGED WITH THE FIRST GAME! AND NINTENDO THEMED SKINS THAT ARE FUCKING AWESOME!

AND NOW HYRULE WARRIORS!

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 05:27 PM
Crap, might have to get a Wii U. Taking Zelda back to the first game roots is an awesome idea and the video was pretty impressive assuming it was in-game and not just pre-rendered demo.

Come on Nintendo, Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei and Monolith Soft's X :excited:

Freya
06-10-2014, 05:29 PM
Omg Nintendo is rocking it!

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 05:29 PM
Wait, Midna is a playable character in Hyrule Warriors?

NeoCracker
06-10-2014, 05:30 PM
Seriously, I do not know if I could be more hyped for Hyrule Warriors. The DW guys discuss their thoughts over the gameplay your'e watching, and ti sounds so awesome.

Ayen
06-10-2014, 05:30 PM
Yay! A bunch of games I won't be able to play.

Freya
06-10-2014, 05:32 PM
Moar Zelda aaaaaah hype hype hype

Freya
06-10-2014, 05:33 PM
New Kirby too?! Omg I neeeeeeed a Wii U

NeoCracker
06-10-2014, 05:33 PM
Xenoblade Chronicles X Looks so great!

And after that last bit, they are so setting up for Star Fox reveal. But not until after Mario Maker!

Which... eh. Don't care to create my own mario levels, though a cool concept.

Freya
06-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Xenoblade?! :excited:

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Xenoblade Chronicles X :omgomg::omgomg::omgomg:

Mario Maker looks pretty cool same with the new Kirby game. Now Spletoon looks... interesting but not much for pure team vs. games.

NeoCracker
06-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Splatoon started off not having me at all.

Now I'm interested.

I think we can now declare Nintendo Winner.

We all cool with that?

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 05:46 PM
I'm starting to agree about Splatoon, it is an interesting take on the third person shooter genre.

Aulayna
06-10-2014, 05:47 PM
Nintendo won this year imo. Great showing.

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 05:55 PM
I might have to agree, of the three consoles, Nintendo gave me the biggest incentives to finally jump into the new generation.

I still wish Nintendo would do a better job trying to sell the uniqueness of the Wii U not just to consumers but third party companies as well. It was a great showing but as usual, everything to get excited for is first party. Though it is nice to hear that the 3DS is getting some third party love in the after thoughts section.

Aulayna
06-10-2014, 05:58 PM

NeoCracker
06-10-2014, 06:02 PM
Mario Party 10 apparently features Bowser as the lead. Neato.

Madame Adequate
06-10-2014, 06:04 PM
It's no secret that I've been pretty heavily disparaging of Nintendo's non-handheld sector in recent years, but lest anyone believe evidence cannot change my mind: Holy shit when these games start arriving I'm gonna need a WiiU.

The fact that they're just about all arriving in 2015 really does show just how slow to support the thing Nintendo have been (Half of these games should have been out already if they wanted the WiiU to be a strong seller), and I'm not sure if this isn't too little, too late for the console in terms of the console wars, but there is no way to say Nintendo hasn't been paying attention and is now working damn hard to makes this an appealing console.

I'm not gonna grab one right away but once another round of price drops hits, I suspect it will be time. Y'all know what a big deal that is for me to say. Bravo Nintendo, I didn't think you had it in you but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 06:08 PM
Nintendo still has a long way to go to really turn the WiiU around but I agree that they seriously brought it this year. Even games I knew about beforehand, I got enough new information from them to get me hyped up for them.

Madame Adequate
06-10-2014, 06:12 PM
Yeah I don't know that this will be enough to save the console, but it's a damn good start at least.

NeoCracker
06-10-2014, 06:13 PM
To Quote Jim Stermlings Twitter...

"Captain Toad, because when you don't focus test the life out of your games, you get Captain Toad."

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 06:21 PM
Nintendo will stay in there. I'm not of the opinion Nintendo is close to "being completely gone from console gaming forever" like some people think nor that the Wii U is doomed this console generation cause we all said that about Sony last generation and they pulled off a spectacular comeback.

Nintendo's two biggest issues at this point in time since they finally fixed the whole "nothing to play on it" issue is they still need to get their online component working in a user friendly way and seeing how they announced quite a few titles with multiplayer, they should hopefully be working on getting their online infrastructure to be at least halfway decent. Their other issue is just trying to sell the new controller component to third party companies and the consumer. Looks to me like Miyamoto is working on that if the game he was play testing in his segment is the new IP they keep chatting about. Still, games like Splatoon, the new Kirby game, and though not features, the new Fatal Frame being made for the system all give cool reasons to justify the tabletmote.

I can't wait to get some serious info on Xenoblade Chronicles X, actually getting some story segments and showing off characters has eased my apprehension that the game would end up as a Monster Hunter clone.

Aulayna
06-10-2014, 06:23 PM
The game that Miyamoto was playing at the end was his Star Fox tech demo.

NeoCracker
06-10-2014, 06:24 PM
Sometime soon we are getting a Starfox Announcement.

That is pretty clear, though I'm surprised they didn't just straight do it during the direct.

Aulayna
06-10-2014, 06:25 PM
http://kotaku.com/we-played-shigeru-miyamotos-new-star-fox-game-1588712327

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 06:35 PM
http://kotaku.com/we-played-shigeru-miyamotos-new-star-fox-game-1588712327

Well, my GF is going to be really happy, she loves Star Fox.

Skyblade
06-10-2014, 07:00 PM
I have to disagree with everyone. Nintendo had a very simple win condition this year: "Show more SMTXFE." It seems that they failed to meet that condition, so they don't win. :(

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 07:24 PM
Zelda and Xenoblade Chronicles X is enough for me though I would have liked to see FExSMT as well but I'm thinking we may have to wait for TGS for that. As soon as Atlus didn't have it on their own list of things to show, my hopes of it appearing were kind of dashed.

Dat Matt
06-10-2014, 07:30 PM
I need to read up on the Sony conference (has that happened yet) but I'm far more excited for this library than anything Microsoft pushed out.

Bayonetta 2 - where you can style her off of famous Nintendo Characters? Yes please
Yoshi's Wooly World - similar in style to the Amazing Kirby's Epic Yarn? Sign me up
Splatoon - Didn't sell me at first, but actually looks pretty fun
Zelda/Hyrule Warriors - Look interesting. Need more detail but no doubt I'll be buying them anyway.
Kirby - I wasn't a big fan, but that clay animation is an example of why games don't need to be graphically superior to look great
Super Smash Brothers - More news is always good.
Xenoblades Chronicles X - Didn't look superb graphically, but might be because of our internet streaming quality. Seems pretty cool.
Captian Toad - I'm excited, the Minigame from super mario world was fun but limited. I'm interested to see more.
Mario Maker - Not interested. It's cool they have 2 formats though, Super Mario and New Super Mario
Star Fox - Gimme the details. Taking bets that it'll be similar to Assualt/command.

Apparently they have more to come too. Notice how there was like 1 3DS game there, and that was smash. Really making the Wii U competitive here.

black orb
06-10-2014, 07:32 PM
Hg2PTVi7fl8

>>> It has a nopon so I guess is gonna be part of the previous Xenoblade`s world.. Sequel? Prequel?
I dont see any mechons though..

Anyways, I must get a Wii U..:luca:

Aulayna
06-10-2014, 07:33 PM
Zelda/Hyrule Warriors - Look interesting. Need more detail but no doubt I'll be buying them anyway.

I missed the "no" before doubt, twice, when reading that. I was getting ready to end you! xD

Dat Matt
06-10-2014, 07:38 PM

I missed the "no" before doubt, twice, when reading that. I was getting ready to end you! xD

m8, zelda fanboy here.

NeoCracker
06-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Hg2PTVi7fl8

>>> It has a nopon so I guess is gonna be part of the previous Xenoblade`s world.. Sequel? Prequel?
I dont see any mechons though..

Anyways, I must get a Wii U..:luca:

I'm doubting there's a connection between the two. No way am I seeing this as a prequel, so if anything it's going to be a few thousand years after the whole ending thing of Xenoblade, though I'm expecting no connection.

Edit: Also, we need a list of all the little Eshop games announced.

Dat Matt
06-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Here's some more news for you:

SMT is being released this summer in Europe, but only on the e-shop (https://twitter.com/TheNChannel/status/476411448915402754)
Professor Layton vs Pheonix Wright coming to the US on Aug 29th (http://www.joystiq.com/2014/06/10/professor-layton-and-phoenix-wright-meet-august-29-on-3ds/)

Fantasy Life announced

jj9V5-7Vqno

I'm totally not just stealing all my news from reddit xD

black orb
06-10-2014, 08:16 PM
I'm doubting there's a connection between the two. No way am I seeing this as a prequel, so if anything it's going to be a few thousand years after the whole ending thing of Xenoblade, though I'm expecting no connection.

>>> So Xenoblade will become the new FF and Nopons will be the moogles?..:luca:

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Nice to see Europe is finally going to get one of the best RPGs on the 3DS. :cool:

Shauna
06-10-2014, 08:18 PM
eShop only which is a bit of a bummer, but hey ho.

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 08:20 PM
Better than not getting it at all.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-10-2014, 08:21 PM
Just got around to watching the Digital Event on my Wii U. This was fantastic.

Splatoon looks super fun.

Shauna
06-10-2014, 08:22 PM
Better than not getting it at all.

Aye, definitely. :3

Dat Matt
06-10-2014, 08:35 PM
Altus seem to have a hard time bringing things to the EU region not in e-shop form. Conception 2 was also not released as a physical product in EU, but was in the US. I find that kinda weird.

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 08:40 PM
It seems like Atlus often let other publishers release their games in the PAL regions but recently it looks like the company is now trying to take over those duties which is why all of a sudden Europe is getting a lot of love from them even if it digital only. Hopefully EU will start seeing similar releases to Japans and the U.S. if Atlus stays consistent.

Bolivar
06-10-2014, 08:56 PM
Man it's sad how hard 2015 dominated this E3 and Nintendo got hit the worst. They showed the fewest games and almost none of them are coming out this year.

The other two manufacturers both detailed robust relationships with indies and third parties so I was surprised that Nintendo had neither. I understand that's not "why people buy Nintendo consoles" but it is why more people buy Xbox Ones and PS4s instead.

I'm disappointed they stuck to the familiar faces with first party. Their show was very similar to Microsoft's in that way, that you would be excited if you're a longtime fan of their brand. But unlike Microsoft they didn't have anything new or ambitious like Project Spark and no third party or indie support to fill in the release schedule gaps.

This is only my personal take, I don't call doom for Nintendo, as they have enough money to weather numerous console generation droughts. No one can doubt they still make awesome games. It's just my experience with the 3DS convinced me Nintendo has stagnated too much for my tastes, so a conference like this is a step away from what I was hoping. I still raise a glass to you guys, standing on the platform as your hype train pulls away,

NeoCracker
06-10-2014, 08:56 PM
The Eshop highlight real for 2014!

Affordable Space Adventures (WiiU)
Thorium Wars: Attack of the Skyfighter (3DS)
Chariot (WiiU)
Ace Attorney Trilogy (3DS)
Swords and Soldiers 2 (WiiU)
Shovel Knight 2 (WiiU/3DS)
Stealth Inc 2 (WiiU)
6180 the moon (WiiU)
A.N.N.E (WiiU)
Armillo (WiiU)
Starwhal: Just the Tip (WiiU)
Cubemen 2 (WiiU)
Moon Chronicles ep. 2 (3DS)
One Piece Unlimited World Red (WiiU/3DS)
Pier Solar and the Great Architects (WiiU)*
Tappingo 2 (3DS)
WoahDave! (3DS)
Nihilumbra (WiiU)*
Gunman Clive 2 (3DS)
Tengami (WiiU)
Shantae and the Pirates Curse (3DS)
Wooden Sen'Sey (WiiU)
Siesta Fiesta (3DS)
Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL World Duel Carnival (3DS)
Blast em' Bunnies (3DS)
Chromophore: The Two Brothers Directors Cut (WiiU)
Citizens of Earth (WiiU/3DS)*
Teslagrad (WiiU)
Guacebelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (WiiU)

Of those, Citizens of Earth I've already been aware of and am looking forward too, and I'm interested in both Pier Solar and the Great Architects and Nihilumbr.

Edit: @Bolivar: Yeah, it was mostly first party, but the Eshop at the very least is seeing a wealth of content this year, that entire list was what is to expect on that front for just 2014, and then there are DW guys brought in to work on Hyrule Warriors, giving us something completely different then what we expect from Zelda, while still incorporating Zelda Aspects into the DW mix.

I really don't see how you saw a bad conference here, it pretty much gave the WiiU everything it needed to this E3. :p

Del Murder
06-10-2014, 09:14 PM
New Zelda looks great. I was half hoping to see Zelda under the cloak after he threw it off but oh well. Wouldn't it be cool to have a full Zelda game actually starring the titular character?

I'd like to see more of Xenoblade Chronicles X but if it's anything like XC then it will be great.

Yoshi's Wooly World looks super cute! And fun too. Maybe it will be a Yoshi game to finally compete with Yoshi's Island.

A Toad game? Awesome! Another cute one.

Skyblade
06-10-2014, 10:13 PM
Edit: @Bolivar: Yeah, it was mostly first party, but the Eshop at the very least is seeing a wealth of content this year, that entire list was what is to expect on that front for just 2014, and then there are DW guys brought in to work on Hyrule Warriors, giving us something completely different then what we expect from Zelda, while still incorporating Zelda Aspects into the DW mix.

I really don't see how you saw a bad conference here, it pretty much gave the WiiU everything it needed to this E3. :p

Bolivar thinks the 3DS lineup indicates stagnant game design. He's clearly off his rocker, as I can list dozens of true innovations among each of the top games (no offense meant, buddy :D).

I get the feeling that Bolivar now only cares about indie support, and doesn't value primary developer contributions at all.

Not that there's anything wrong with that perspective, but it doesn't match my view. Or, apparently, that of most gamers/customers.

Sephex
06-10-2014, 10:36 PM
I am very impressed with most of what I have seen from Nintendo so far. They are going to raid my wallet in the coming months.

NeoCracker
06-10-2014, 10:39 PM
Yoshi's Wooly Yarn
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Legend of Zelda
Splatoon
Captain Toads Treasure Tracker
Mario Party 10
Fantasy Life

All the Nintendo games I am going to be pre-ordering now. :p

Plus the two EShop titles I can't pre-order like Citizens of Earth and Pier Solar and the Great Architects. Four of the Pre-orders and one of the E-Shops I didn't know anything about, so that's five games Nintendo sold me on this morning.

Dat Matt
06-10-2014, 10:59 PM

Bolivar thinks the 3DS lineup indicates stagnant game design. He's clearly off his rocker, as I can list dozens of true innovations among each of the top games (no offense meant, buddy :D).

I get the feeling that Bolivar now only cares about indie support, and doesn't value primary developer contributions at all.

Not that there's anything wrong with that perspective, but it doesn't match my view. Or, apparently, that of most gamers/customers.

There is a discussion going on at #EoFF around the new games. There has been some resistance to the Nintendo's lineup as they are only putting out sequels. While I see what they are meaning, I disagree. Most of the games in this lineup are either new approaches to old games (Yarn Yoshi, Hyrule Warriors etc) or are new titles/sequels to new franchises (Splatoon, Bayonetta 2, Xenobalde etc).

It's better than for example Microsoft that unveiled thinks like Halo HD, Gears 4, Forza 2. I know there was more things on the Microsoft panel, but these were not exclusive titles (Assassins creed, Battlefield, COD etc)

Nintendo may have a bad record of sticking to their franchises, but this time round they are evolving their franchises. A link between worlds is a great example of how a series evolves for new systems.

Ayen
06-10-2014, 11:06 PM
There is a discussion going on at #EoFF around the new games. There has been some resistance to the Nintendo's lineup as they are only putting out sequels.

And that's why I don't go on #EoFF.

Bolivar
06-10-2014, 11:27 PM

It's not game design, although, sure, those games are getting shorter and easier, with their gameplay recycling mechanics more than anything else. There's nothing wrong with that except those franchises are old; it's hard to get excited for more Mario and Zelda when the remakes are better than the newer games coming out.

Which I tried to highlight is only my opinion. I never argued it wasn't an awesome conference for Skyblade and Neocracker tastes. If you want to argue that's the majority of customers, though, I guess the next few NPD reports will tell us who's really "off their rocker."

NeoCracker
06-10-2014, 11:44 PM
Zelda may have been sticking with the same basic formula, but it has always added quite a bit to each game to shake things up. Ocorina brought the old style into a 3D world, Majora's Mask added in the various mask transformations and abilities, Wind Waker had it's expansive world and sailing Ideas, Twilight Princess added in the Wolf Form, Sword Tricks, as well as improved Horse based combat, and I can't comment on Skyward Sword as I've not played it.

This isn't getting into the handhelds of Zelda either.

Not to mention Mario games have had a huge variety of varience over the years as well, I don't think I've ever scene a company do so much with a single IP as Nintendo does with Mario.

So I really don't get where you, or people in general, get the Idea these two IP's are just a bunch of recycled Mechanics. (That said, I don't think I've enjoyed a single player Mario game since the N64 days. :p)

Also quite a few non Mario and Zelda Titles announced, such as Bayonetta 2 getting a date, as well as Xenoblade Chronicals X getting a date and some real information, (Though that is all next year), and the long list of Indies revealed I posted, many of which do include games from indie developers. :p

They led with their big guns, and gave us a lot more for those looking for something other then their main IP's. And since they did name quite a few games coming out this year they announced, and not just the EShop list (All of which is suppose to be this year).

Not saying that you should be hyped, just pointing out your points of 'no third party or indie support', '2015 heavy', and 'just recycled mechanics' are all kind of silly things. :p

Depression Moon
06-11-2014, 01:28 AM
I understand definitely where people are coming from in regards to Zelda. When people are talking about recycled, they're talking the game's pacing, the dungeons, the world, the environment. Out of the ones I've played the structure of how the game progresses is always the same. The transformation masks in Majora's Mask are just a gimmick in the whole picture. They don't really change how you progress. Majora's Mask out of the old ones seemed to be the most free one, but you still had to tackle each dungeon in order because it required certain items to even get near the dungeon and you have to get those said items in order from those dungeons.

The dungeons in the games had become predictable to me. Whenever you get a new item in it you know that's what you're going to use to take out the boss. I also found money utterly meaningless in the Zelda games you can get practically everything you need for free in the games. You may actually need to use it once throughout the whole game.

A Link Between Worlds is acclaimed because it changes the pacing and exploration up. You can go anywhere from the jump, money is actually important, and I'm not sure about dungeon layouts and boss encounters, but at least you can complete them in any order you want to now.

Freya
06-11-2014, 01:56 AM
All you Zelda Nay sayers are no longer my friends :colbert:

Aulayna
06-11-2014, 02:03 AM
Watching the Smash Invitiational right now. Good stuff.

Bolivar
06-11-2014, 02:51 AM
Not saying that you should be hyped, just pointing out your points of 'no third party or indie support', '2015 heavy', and 'just recycled mechanics' are all kind of silly things. :p

Well, I'm not saying you shouldn't be hyped, just posting my two cents in a thread. If you want to argue in favor of their third party support, though, feel free to fall on your sword on that one. That's certainly a long list of eShop titles but that doesn't stack up anywhere near the efforts Microsoft, Sony, and Valve have been making to partner and promote the best and brightest indies. Maybe you truly feel Siesta Fiesta and Blast 'Em Bunnies will stack up to the No Man's Sky, the Devolver Digital games or Paradox Interactive titles; that's certainly your prerogative. As far as disputing their recycled mechanics, I just can't follow you down that road, dude, nor is it what I took issue with in my reply to Sky.

Regardless, I still think anyone with a Wii U or a 3DS has a lot to look forward to.

Freya
06-11-2014, 03:47 AM
I hyped myself again. I was hyped with just the news but I watched the Zelda stuff. I"m more hyped.

Aulayna
06-11-2014, 04:01 AM
PacMan just got confirmed as another character in Smash.

Ayen
06-11-2014, 04:08 AM
I hyped myself again. I was hyped with just the news but I watched the Zelda stuff. I"m more hyped.

After looking up the Legend of Zelda Wii-U stuff on YouTube, I too am hyped.

Agent Proto
06-11-2014, 04:13 AM
PacMan just got confirmed as another character in Smash.

https://24.media.tumblr.com/898c4ca86ca7264de9951ee141dbc5c6/tumblr_n6zfyl876u1sddwv4o1_500.gif
I just wanted to post this gif. :D

Colonel Angus
06-11-2014, 04:21 AM
I'm surprised they haven't tried to get Wreck-It Ralph in Smash Bros.

I'm giddy that for once, Nintendo has good news. :bounce:

Sephex
06-11-2014, 04:28 AM
I legitamately got chills when I saw Mega Man's Final Smash.

MZszrtCIDxU

Colonel Angus
06-11-2014, 04:35 AM
Mario Maker! :squee::omgomg::bounce:

Wolf Kanno
06-11-2014, 05:01 AM
Well this an interesting twist about the new Zelda game.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/10/may-link-legend-zelda-wii-u-trailer/

Freya
06-11-2014, 05:28 AM
AHHH I was about to post it!

Is it zelda? Is this finally the Legend of Link instead?

Fynn
06-11-2014, 06:31 AM
I'm guessing it's the kid of Skyward Sword Zelda and Link ;)

Del Murder
06-11-2014, 06:59 AM

I hope so! Zelda needs to star in a game!

NeoCracker
06-11-2014, 07:32 AM
I understand definitely where people are coming from in regards to Zelda. When people are talking about recycled, they're talking the game's pacing, the dungeons, the world, the environment. Out of the ones I've played the structure of how the game progresses is always the same. The transformation masks in Majora's Mask are just a gimmick in the whole picture. They don't really change how you progress. Majora's Mask out of the old ones seemed to be the most free one, but you still had to tackle each dungeon in order because it required certain items to even get near the dungeon and you have to get those said items in order from those dungeons.

The dungeons in the games had become predictable to me. Whenever you get a new item in it you know that's what you're going to use to take out the boss. I also found money utterly meaningless in the Zelda games you can get practically everything you need for free in the games. You may actually need to use it once throughout the whole game.

A Link Between Worlds is acclaimed because it changes the pacing and exploration up. You can go anywhere from the jump, money is actually important, and I'm not sure about dungeon layouts and boss encounters, but at least you can complete them in any order you want to now.

The Masks were hardly Gimmicky in Zelda, they had a huge impact on what you were able to do, things no other Zelda game prior had allowed.

I guess you have a point on how you progress, but I guess I just don't think it creates that big of a difference between Link Between Worlds and other Zelda games. Yes, you can do things in a different order, but you're still going to be doing all the same things regardless. :p

Well, I'm not saying you shouldn't be hyped, just posting my two cents in a thread. If you want to argue in favor of their third party support, though, feel free to fall on your sword on that one. That's certainly a long list of eShop titles but that doesn't stack up anywhere near the efforts Microsoft, Sony, and Valve have been making to partner and promote the best and brightest indies. Maybe you truly feel Siesta Fiesta and Blast 'Em Bunnies will stack up to the No Man's Sky, the Devolver Digital games or Paradox Interactive titles; that's certainly your prerogative. As far as disputing their recycled mechanics, I just can't follow you down that road, dude, nor is it what I took issue with in my reply to Sky.

Regardless, I still think anyone with a Wii U or a 3DS has a lot to look forward to.

And I'm just pointing out why a few of those cents are silly. :p

No one is saying Nintendo stacks up to the others in third party support, that would be silly, just that the support is there, where you made it sound almost non-existant. :p Also, it may not matter as much due to the variety of their current first party studios with acquisitions like Monolith and Platinum. Compared to Microsoft their first Party Studio is insanely diverse, it's even pretty damn diverse when compared to Sony, who while there's is larger, I'm very hesitant to say the diversity is greater. Third Party stuidio's are wonderful for picking up slack for you, but in the end Nintendo has less slack in that field to pick up then Microsoft, though this whole bit is another tangent entirely I guess. :p

That list was also mostly in regards to your comments on indies. Your comparison would be like if I were to compare, say, some two man indie studios launch to Super Smash Brothers Melee. More likely I should have brought up Sonic Boom, (And Possibly the Atlus support, though they kind of lacked any showing at the Direct Conference) as well as Support from the DW team, even if they are making a Zelda Title, it is being created third party in a very distinct way from Zelda.

And you did take issue with recycled mechanics though, unless you just worded that part badly. Of course they re-use a lot of mechanics, every single franchise does that. Hell, Call of Duty has done virtually nothing from game to game in a few cases, Killzone has held a lot of the same mechanics, and pretty much every sports game ever. Zelda has a much better track record then that of adding new things from game to game.

The parts about 'shorter and easier' I didn't' bother contesting because I can't really argue that part. It was quite a legitimate point, though that's a point entirely separate from Re-used mechanics. Unless of course you were saying that the two of them combined is what the problem is, in which case.... eh? o_O

Ayen
06-11-2014, 05:13 PM

I hope so! Zelda needs to star in a game!

This. The only time Zelda got to star in a game was a crappy CDi game.