PDA

View Full Version : Xenoblade Chronicles X

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 07:32 PM
So we finally got a bit more story details and some new gameplay details as well such as being able to fully make and customize your lead character (http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/10/xenoblade-chronicles-x-will-let-fully-customizable-guy-girl/). It did get delayed until next year and no word if it will be released outside of Japan but let's focus on what we do know.

Here's the new trailer along with some of the old trailers.

Hg2PTVi7fl8

ozPRRO4cUeY

Thoughts? Hopes? Happy to see that Pon Pons are back? New races? Possible silent protagonist, customizable giant robots. Let's discuss Monolith Soft's successor to one of last gen's best JRPGs.

black orb
06-10-2014, 07:53 PM
>>> *wet pants*
Prequel? Sequel? where did the mechons go? Is just me or there is a graphic downgrade?..:luca:

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Yeah, everyone is talking on other forums how it looks like a PS2 game.

I'm guessing it will not be connected but who knows at this point. we don't have much to go on for the plot.

black orb
06-10-2014, 08:21 PM
>>> I hope there is a connection, I dont want to see Nopons become the new Moogles..:luca:

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 08:23 PM
Well, either they existed in the distant Earth future or Shulk restored the universe to the way it was before the Monado experiments and this game takes place centuries later.

black orb
06-10-2014, 08:26 PM
>>> Either way is fine I guess, I really want to see the mechons back even if is just an optional boss or something..:luca:

About the graphics yeah, they looked awesome in the first trailer..:gator:

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 10:29 PM
Looks like the game is going to have a job class system. (http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/10/tidbits-xenoblade-chronicles-xs-story-setting/)

black orb
06-11-2014, 12:03 AM
>>> Kind of unnecessary, in Xenoblade each character had its role in battle and I didnt have any problem with it. Unless you are playing a one man army in this game..:luca:

Wolf Kanno
06-11-2014, 12:23 AM
I think it is so you can further customize the characters. I have a feeling this game has a co-op mode where players can tackle the world with other players and you'll need other roles to do it.

Also, from what I've heard from interviews, Xenoblade Chronicles X has no story connection to the original Xenoblade, which kind of makes sense when you think about the game's ending.

black orb
06-11-2014, 12:46 AM
from what I've heard from interviews, Xenoblade Chronicles X has no story connection to the original Xenoblade
>>> Well thats a risky move, People may not like this new.... whatherever it is.
So they throw the Nopons in this game just to lure the Xenoblade Chronicles (Monado) fans.. It make sense now :roll2..:luca:

Fynn
06-11-2014, 05:24 AM
:omgomg:

Colonel Angus
06-11-2014, 05:43 AM
What system can we find Xenoblade Chronicles IX?

Wolf Kanno
06-11-2014, 07:03 PM
If you can stomach the annoying commentary, here is a video of the first 30 minutes of Xenoblade Chronicles X in action , obviously some heavy spoilers for those who want to be completely in the dark.

RGHJvkDw1Ys

Youtube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGHJvkDw1Ys#t=45

For those who don't want to watch the video, here are some highlights:

The story begins when two alien empires begin a war with each other in the Sol System, one battle directly above Earth causes massive damage to the surface and mankind is forced to flee which causes them to get mixed up in the conflict. Only two known Ark Ships make it off the planet in one piece but one of them gets damaged and crash lands on a nearby planet. The main colony component survives but the various members of the population in hyperspace have been tossed about the planet in the various wreckage or killed. The game begins when the Elma finds the cryosleep capsule of the MC.
The MC is completely created by the player and appears to be a silent protagonist. You get to choose their gender, hair color, face, and voice in the beginning of the game. The video kind of brushes quickly over this feature but Monolith Soft says it is pretty robust.
Weapon attacks are split from long and short range attacks. The player character starts with a rifle and and blade. Using attacks build up TP which can be used to power up a characters Arts. Short range (risky) attacks raise TP faster than long range.
The player now has the ability to give out orders to their A.I. partners for specific actions like concentrated fire and so forth.
Though it's vague in the video, it looks like the player has the ability to charge Arts to get more powerful effects like extra bonuses for using the Shield ability or add special properties to attacks.
There are two sets of stats in the game, Character and Class. Character is based on their personal stats and gear whereas Class is based on which of the games classes you are using.
There is a class system, the player starts as a Drifter and then can access new classes on the class tree system which gives various roles similar to the roles of the various characters from Xenoblade. The player can change their class on the fly and doesn't have to just stick to one.
The main city is called Neo Los Angeles and in the beginning, only military personal are awake and running it. The player will have to track down other survivors lost in the wreckage like themselves to build up the city. This sounds like a more robust version of the Colony 6 sidequest from Xenoblade.
Game still uses the day/night cycle and has the various weather effects like Xenoblade.
The music is smurfing awesome

black orb
06-13-2014, 12:17 AM
The music is smurfing awesome

>>> Thats all I need to know, and that is not a MMORPG of course..:luca:

Pumpkin
06-13-2014, 01:29 AM
I still need to play the first one

Wolf Kanno
06-13-2014, 01:36 AM
Yes you do! :stare:

Pumpkin
06-13-2014, 01:37 AM
I have it on my shelf

sittin there

not being played

*goes back to playing Family Feud*

Wolf Kanno
06-13-2014, 01:47 AM
I have it on my shelf

sittin there

not being played

*goes back to playing Family Feud*

But Riki in a kitty suit...

Seriously, boot up a video camera or your cell phone and do this as your next Let's Play. :shifty:

Pumpkin
06-13-2014, 01:48 AM
Ugh that would be horrible quality, no one wants to see that

You do it :colbert:

Wolf Kanno
06-13-2014, 05:13 AM
Ugh that would be horrible quality, no one wants to see that

You do it :colbert:

I'm not as charming. Besides, I've played it already whereas you have not and that is a problem that needs to be rectified. :wcanoe:

metagloria
06-13-2014, 02:24 PM
I still need to play the first one

Easily the best RPG of the past 8 or so years.

LozKing
06-13-2014, 02:59 PM
The graphics are looking pretty good to me. I don't think there's any downgrade between the trailers. It's just that you get to see the character faces in the new trailer. And they look stupid!

Vyk
06-13-2014, 05:17 PM
I would say even if it did use PS2 quality graphics. There were some extremely decent looking PS2 games. And I would commend a developer who opts for low-tech in order to focus on other more important things. Low tech graphics means faster load times. More stuff happening on screen without lag or slow-down or anything. Longer draw distances. And probably a lot less glitches. And I'd imagine dozens upon dozens of other bonuses. And it's a stylized world, it doesn't have to be bleeding edge. It looked great on the Wii, I imagine it'll look even better on the WiiU and that's good enough for me, especially for the wonderful story and world and characters you end up getting

black orb
06-15-2014, 03:53 AM

>>> Monado hairpins :D..:luca:

Fynn
06-15-2014, 06:19 AM
She looks like Momo. Was never a fan of Tanaka's style.

Rostum
06-15-2014, 08:40 PM

When people say this, is it just to sensationalize the fact? Or do they just not remember what PS2 visuals look like?

Anyways, this looks amazing. I loved the first one!

Wolf Kanno
06-15-2014, 09:39 PM

When people say this, is it just to sensationalize the fact? Or do they just not remember what PS2 visuals look like?

I'll admit the story cutscene trailer that was recently revealed looked a bit... non-HD compared to the gameplay footage but meh, people will find anything to nitpick about a game. I agree that I personally feel it looks fantastic, hell I felt Xenoblade was one of the best looking games of last gen because art style trumps high end graphics.

Fynn
06-15-2014, 09:54 PM

I'll admit the story cutscene trailer that was recently revealed looked a bit... non-HD compared to the gameplay footage but meh, people will find anything to nitpick about a game. I agree that I personally feel it looks fantastic, hell I felt Xenoblade was one of the best looking games of last gen because art style trumps high end graphics.

I kinda sorta wish they kept to that art style though. This style reminds me a bit more of Xenosaga rather than Xenoblade. But that's not a bad thing. I did like Xenosaga's style, but Xenoblade's touched me more. It seemed more... Organic?