PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Type 0 confirmed for Western release on PS4, XBOXOne, and possibly Vita

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2014, 08:18 PM

Finally...

After being forsaken for so many years the West will finally get to see a release of one of the best praised games to come out of the Fabul Nova Chrysallis collection.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/10/final-fantasy-type-0-coming-west-xbox-one-playstation-4/

Also, the cell phone side game Final Fantasy Agito has also been confirmed for Western release.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/10/final-fantasy-agito-coming-west/

Type 0 was announced back in 2006 as a cell phone game connected to the FNC project along with Final fantasy XIII and Versus XIII. In the intervening years it was changed into an Action-RPG using the Crisis Core engine and to be released on the PSP. Due to sluggish worldwide sales of the PSP around the game's release and next gen Vita being released at the same time, Type 0 never saw a release outside of Japan. Fans tried both online petitions and to translate the game themselves. Now SE has heard the masses and decided to release the game in the West.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-10-2014, 08:23 PM
This will be a day 1 buy for me.

Edit: I am a bit conflicted on if I should get this for PS4 or Vita when it comes out (assuming there is a vita release).

Formalhaut
06-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Oh no. I like that it's going to be on console, but.. it's on the next-gen console. Do I cough up that amount of money for a single game, granted a game that I've really wanted to play for a long time?

It's a tough one.

Aulayna
06-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Called it.

:smug:

Naysayers doubting me. I called FFXV and KH3 last year too.

Shauna
06-10-2014, 08:38 PM
All hail Aulayna, Queen of the E3 Predictions.

This is super cool.

nirojan
06-10-2014, 08:55 PM
YESSSSSS! Finally. Hopefully it comes out for the Vita, I have no intention of playing this on a big screen.

Bolivar
06-10-2014, 10:16 PM
This will be a day 1 buy for me.

Edit: I am a bit conflicted on if I should get this for PS4 or Vita when it comes out (assuming there is a vita release).

Sony's been real good on the cross buy front, so you might not have to choose.

I'd prefer to play it on Vita but this is good that it's popping up on consoles. Could lead to more mid - tier RPGs like this on the big screen.

Ayen
06-11-2014, 12:43 AM
Oh yay. I still won't be able to play it.