PDA

View Full Version : 'i'll do it later mum, i'm arranging my old roman coins'

Alive-Cat
06-10-2014, 08:33 PM
So, Eyes On Final Fantasy Forums Experience members, do you procrastinate quite a bit?

I procrastinate immensely. Intensely. Sometimes I even set time aside for myself to procrastinate. Such as the mornings, before getting up for work. I have to set aside time to sit there and do nothing/get distracted by something.

If I know I have to do something there is an unseen force that takes control of me and commands me to not do it, sit there and find interest in something else, or nothing else.

Here is a video about the subject that I found very interesting and enlightening and is a perfect amazing example of procrastination.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P785j15Tzk

Love from Alive-Man a lot of it xxxxxxxx

Ayen
06-11-2014, 04:00 AM
What?

*puts off review*

I never procrastinate.

*puts off fanfic*

Never!

*waits until the weekend to write review*

Why, it's impossible for me to procrastinate.

*barely makes deadline because he waited all week*

Colonel Angus
06-11-2014, 04:23 AM
I'll answer your question later.

Sephex
06-11-2014, 04:40 AM
All the time.

Alive-Cat
06-11-2014, 06:10 AM
When I was little I used to never bring my cups down from my room, and I'd end up with so many cups in there, and they would all have mutated and have basically living organisms growing in the bottom of them as the weeks went by.

Pumpkin
06-11-2014, 06:11 AM
I have two stages.

1. I will immediately do what I'm supposed to.
2. If I somehow miss step 1, I will wait until the very last minute to do it

Miss Mae
06-11-2014, 11:14 AM
I'm pretty bad with procrastinating, and on days when I am actually feeling pretty good and want to be productive, the universe procrastinates for me and gets in my way. Sigh. Once I'm on a roll (which does happen rarely) I'm pretty unstoppable though.

Formalhaut
06-12-2014, 02:46 AM
Oh gosh please, don't remind me. I'm like shion - if I'm going to do it, it'll be either immediately, or waay into the future. It is one of my many flaws, unfortunately!

noxious.sunshine
06-12-2014, 02:58 AM
Yea. I work better if I leave everything to the last minute.

Unless I'm working in a restaurant. Then I get all my shit done as early as possible so that I can skip my happy ass out as soon as I get cut. :D

Shiny
06-12-2014, 05:52 AM
I don't procrastinate... I prioritize doing things I actually want to do before I get to doing things I don't really want to do for whatever reasons. (yes I procrastinate)

Alive-Cat
06-12-2014, 06:36 AM
Everybody on here procrastinates to some extent so far!

I am supposed to get somewhere on Saturday and it's going to be extremely difficult and I've known about it since Sunday and now it's Thursday and I haven't yet performed the simple task of looking on the internet about how I can actually travel there. Hopefully I do tonight.

Although it may be more like Saturday morning!

Miss Mae
06-12-2014, 08:17 AM
An additional point in regards to everyone saying they work better if they leave things to the last minute: I used to be like that a lot more when I was in school and everything had due dates, but nowadays only my uni assessments have days they are due and everything else can be done whenever. It makes it hard to leave things to the last minute and then feel the pressure of a date looming, since there will never be one. It's made me procrastinate a fair bit less because I just want to get things ticked off the list asap nowadays so I can stop thinking about them. Still, I procrastinate more than I should; just a lot less than I did when I was in school.

Calliope
06-12-2014, 05:19 PM
If you leave it until the last minute, it only takes you a minute.

Alive-Cat
06-12-2014, 05:34 PM
If you leave it until the last minute, it only takes you a minute.

Words of wisdom.

Colonel Angus
06-12-2014, 11:22 PM
The only time I ever do anything right away is when I procrastinate @ procrastinating.

Ayen
06-13-2014, 12:06 AM
The only time I ever do anything right away is when I procrastinate @ procrastinating.

You can do that? This is a thing?

Jess
06-13-2014, 12:22 AM
Am I the only person here who doesn't procrastinate? :jess:

I'm an unstoppable force. I have to make sure I get everything I intended to do done.

Today, I was late home from work and then food shopping and then the next part of my plans were scuppered by the urge to clean. I was getting in the shower and realised I hadn't exercised yet. So then I did my daily squat exercises whilst taking a shower. :cool:

Formalhaut
06-13-2014, 12:54 AM

I'm questioning your humanity as we speak.

Jiro
06-13-2014, 03:54 AM
this thread is a good indication that I should write that report. I don't procrastinate like a lot of people; I'm usually done with whatever it needs in advance of when it needs to be done, but I don't always dedicate myself to the task entirely. What's a break or five here and there and everywhere?

BustaMo
06-13-2014, 03:57 AM
I procrastinate way more than I should. I always have it in mymindset to get whatever I need to do, right away. I don't know why I hold off until the last minute when at first I have all themotivation in the world. I need to just get it done and out of the way as soon as the idea or "to-do list" hits my brain.

Eventually it all gets done, but I do hold off to the last minute a lot.

Alive-Cat
06-13-2014, 04:34 PM

I'm an unstoppable force. I have to make sure I get everything I intended to do done.

Today, I was late home from work and then food shopping and then the next part of my plans were scuppered by the urge to clean. I was getting in the shower and realised I hadn't exercised yet. So then I did my daily squat exercises whilst taking a shower. :cool:

That must save you being all sweaty from working out because you are already showering. It's genius.

Aelitalily
06-20-2014, 07:09 AM
I would like that video on Facebook...