PDA

View Full Version : I may or may not be getting a 3DS

Ayen
06-11-2014, 05:51 PM
Therefore I may or may not need a composed list of games to start my 3DS journey and then to track down for later when funds become available. So, recommend 3DS games for me to try. Here's the list so far:

ToriJ Nintendo 3DS List
999: Nine Hours
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Bravely Default
Castlevania Lord of Shadows - Mirror of Fate
Devil Summoner Soul Hackers
Etrian Odyssey Series
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Girls' Fashion Shoot
Harvest Moon franchise
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Luigi's Mansion; Dark Moon
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
Monster Hunter 3
Nine Doors
Nine Persons
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Duel Destinies
Phoenix Wright trilogy
Pokemon X
Pokemon Y
Professor Layton series
Project X Zone
Resident Evil Revelations (or would I be better off getting this for the PS3/Xbox 360?)
Rune Factory 4
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir
Star Fox 64 3D
TheaterRyhthm
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
The World Ends With You
Tomodachi Life
Zero's Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Pumpkin
06-11-2014, 05:53 PM
Girls Fashion Shoot

also the Fire Emblem game I guess

Fynn
06-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Bravely Default, Zelda and Pokemon are my recommendations ;)

Formalhaut
06-11-2014, 06:06 PM
Therefore I may or may not need a composed list of games to start my 3DS journey and then to track down for later when funds become available. So, recommend 3DS games for me to try. Here's the list so far:

ToriJ Nintendo 3DS List
Bravely Default
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Girls' Fashion Shoot
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Duel Destinies
Pokemon X
Pokemon Y
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
Resident Evil Revelations (or would I be better off getting this for the PS3/Xbox 360?)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

You still need to play the rest of the series of Phoenix Wright first, so don't forget to pick up the remaining entries you haven't played yet before tackling Duel Destinies.

Wolf Kanno
06-11-2014, 06:10 PM
Shin Megami Tensei IV
TheaterRyhthm
Etrian Odyssey Series
Harvest Moon franchise
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Monster Hunter 3
Professor Layton series
Project X Zone
Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir (Don't let the title fool you, this is a Fatal Frame spin-off)

Pumpkin
06-11-2014, 06:16 PM
I second Theatrhythm

Formalhaut
06-11-2014, 06:26 PM
I third Theatrhythm and also second the Professor Layton series - they are great games, I love them to bits. Even better, the 3DS is backwards compatible with DS games, so you can easily catch up.

I don't know if you have a DS or not, but even though it isn't technically a 3DS game, I would seriously consider getting The World Ends With You. It's a hidden gem, really.

Ayen
06-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Shin Megami Tensei IV
TheaterRyhthm
Etrian Odyssey Series
Harvest Moon franchise
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Monster Hunter 3
Professor Layton series
Project X Zone
Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir (Don't let the title fool you, this is a Fatal Frame spin-off)

Jesus...

I third Theatrhythm and also second the Professor Layton series - they are great games, I love them to bits. Even better, the 3DS is backwards compatible with DS games, so you can easily catch up.

I don't know if you have a DS or not, but even though it isn't technically a 3DS game, I would seriously consider getting The World Ends With You. It's a hidden gem, really.

I have a DS. Got it a couple of years back so I could play the first Phoenix Wright.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-11-2014, 07:01 PM
-Star Fox 64 3D
-Ocarina of Time 3D (Both of these I'm not entirely certain are worth it if you already own the N64 versions, but they do both look better)
-Tomodachi Life (You should know this since you've seen Proto's let's play)
- Phoenix Wright trilogy is coming out eventually

Dat Matt
06-11-2014, 07:02 PM
PS - 3DS is backwards compatible with DS games. People can recommend them to him too.

See if you can pick up the world ends with you. Pretty Amazing game that.

Ayen
06-11-2014, 07:04 PM
-Star Fox 64 3D
-Ocarina of Time 3D (Both of these I'm not entirely certain are worth it if you already own the N64 versions, but they do both look better)
-Tomodachi Life (You should know this since you've seen Proto's let's play)
- Phoenix Wright trilogy is coming out eventually

I have three different copies of Ocarina of Time on the N64, one of them is the special gold cartridge that Nintendo likes to make for its Zelda franchise. I also have it on the GameCube as part of the Zelda Collection that came out several years back. *shrugs* What's one more copy by this point?

Wolf Kanno
06-11-2014, 07:06 PM
Actually, be careful with DS games cause some games like Zelda:Phantom Ship and The World Ends With You make use of certain features of the DS that didn't quite make it to the 3DS. Basically any feature that requires the player to blow on the screen doesn't seem to work. For TWEWY it just means you can't use certain pins, but there are a couple of puzzles in the Zelda games that do make use of it.

Ayen
06-11-2014, 07:10 PM
Actually, be careful with DS games cause some games like Zelda:Phantom Ship and The World Ends With You make use of certain features of the DS that didn't quite make it to the 3DS. Basically any feature that requires the player to blow on the screen doesn't seem to work. For TWEWY it just means you can't use certain pins, but there is a a couple of puzzles in the Zelda games that do make use of it.

Good to know. I'll just switch to the DS in that case.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-11-2014, 07:25 PM
The mic is under the start button on the 3ds. I'm assuming you would just blow there instead of wherever you would on the regular DS.

Formalhaut
06-11-2014, 07:30 PM

PS - 3DS is backwards compatible with DS games. People can recommend them to him too.

See if you can pick up the world ends with you. Pretty Amazing game that.

See, this guy's pretty on the ball :p

Wolf Kanno
06-11-2014, 07:31 PM
I tried everything when I was playing the Zelda game and eventually just went back to my DS with it. It could still be there but I never found it.

It is not a huge deal considering I can only think of maybe four games that made use of it.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-11-2014, 07:35 PM
That is unfortunate. Maybe I'll never be able to get around to playing that Zelda.

Formalhaut
06-11-2014, 07:35 PM
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8296/blueuc.jpg

The mic seems to work fine when I use it. Which isn't all that often, to be honest, but still.

Ayen
06-11-2014, 07:38 PM
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8296/blueuc.jpg

The mic seems to work fine when I use it. Which isn't all that often, to be honest, but still.

Could they make it any smaller?

Formalhaut
06-11-2014, 07:41 PM
Well, it wasn't exactly large on the DS, but yes, it is fairly small. I never had issue with it though, maybe I have a superior blowing technique to everyone else.

Ayen
06-11-2014, 07:45 PM
maybe I have a superior blowing technique to everyone else.

:smug:

Skyblade
06-11-2014, 08:18 PM
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Rune Factory 4

Dat Matt
06-11-2014, 08:35 PM
Actually, be careful with DS games cause some games like Zelda:Phantom Ship and The World Ends With You make use of certain features of the DS that didn't quite make it to the 3DS. Basically any feature that requires the player to blow on the screen doesn't seem to work. For TWEWY it just means you can't use certain pins, but there are a couple of puzzles in the Zelda games that do make use of it.

I played spirit tracks on my 3DS. The panpipe sections were awful, but playable on the 3DS.

LocoColt04
06-12-2014, 04:05 AM
999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors released for the DS

When you're done with that;
Zero's Escape: Virtue's Last Reward released for the 3DS and Vita

I am admittedly disappointed that nobody else mentioned these.