PDA

View Full Version : List 5 Games you wish other EoFFers would play

Wolf Kanno
06-12-2014, 12:23 AM
What it says on the tin folks name me five games you wish other EoFFers would play so you can talk about them more. :wcanoe:

NeoCracker
06-12-2014, 12:26 AM
Brigandine: Legend of Forsena.

I swear I'm the only fucking person I know, along with my friend who owned it years ago, who has played this. Seriously guys, come on now.

...That's pretty much it. :p

Karifean
06-12-2014, 12:33 AM
Finding 4 is pretty simple for me.

Clannad
Little Busters!
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
and Final Fantasy X-2 HD

Seriously, why is it so difficult to find a group of people that know these storylines? Well, I know why, but it'd still be great if more people got to know them. I even started a Let's Play for Little Busters! right here (see my sig) exactly because I feel they are far too unknown round here. [/advertising]

...with the exception of FFX-2 HD which is here for a totally different purpose, as it's quite certainly THE most fun game I ever played, and yet I hardly see topics about the HD Remaster that don't focus primarily on FFX HD.

As for a fifth, hmm, hard to say. Can't think of one right off the bat.

Pike
06-12-2014, 12:42 AM
Morrowind
SMAC
Deus Ex
Victoria II
Europa Universalis IV

I feel like a broken record in every one of these threads I'm just gonna put it in my sig

Madame Adequate
06-12-2014, 12:50 AM
Morrowind
SMAC
Deus Ex
Crusader Kings 2
State of Decay

Ayen
06-12-2014, 01:06 AM
BattleTanx Global Assault
Evil Zone
Game Dev Tycoon
Spelunky
The Legend of Dragoon

Colonel Angus
06-12-2014, 01:20 AM
W/o listing a FF:

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (PSX version)
Dragon Quest VIII
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Q*Bert

Wolf Kanno
06-12-2014, 01:33 AM
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne/Lucifer's Call
Wild ARMS
Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen
Suikoden V
Gitaroo Man

Bolivar
06-12-2014, 01:42 AM
Dota 2, Path of Exile, Blacklight Retribution, Counter-Strike: GO, and Guild Wars 2. Not so we could talk about them, so I had more people to play 'em with :)

Pumpkin
06-12-2014, 01:57 AM
Suikoden II
Suikoden V
Majora's Mask
Dark Cloud II
Ape Escape 3

Skyblade
06-12-2014, 02:14 AM
Rune Factory 3
Master of Orion II
Megaman Battle Network 3
Shining Force II
Golden Sun

Slothy
06-12-2014, 02:24 AM
Morrowind
SMAC
Deus Ex
Victoria II
Europa Universalis IV

Morrowind
SMAC
Deus Ex
Crusader Kings 2
State of Decay

We may have our FF disagreements, but I've still played or own all of these except Victoria II and Crusader Kings 2.

I'd probably go with a list along the lines of:
SMAC
Vanquish
Ring of Red
Jet Set Radio
Super Hexagon

SMAC because it's fucking SMAC, the middle three because not enough people have played them if you ask me, and Super Hexagon for my enemies because I played it for about 15-20 minutes and experienced motion sickness due to a game for the first time in my life. I was ready to vomit by the end. It was still a cool game though.

Del Murder
06-12-2014, 02:26 AM
9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Radiant Historia
Bravely Default (doesn't seem enough of you have played it seeing as the forum gets no attention)
The World Ends With You

Basically I want you to play these so that we get sequels to them. Give them your money!

Madame Adequate
06-12-2014, 05:00 AM
Ring of Red

Oh snap that mech game that came out for the PS2 a little after release? That was some good shit.

SMAC
Jet Set Radio

We may have our FF disagreements but this right here is some top-tier videogames.

krissy
06-12-2014, 05:17 AM
Zoe2
Jsr
Dark souls
Shadow of the colossus
I dunoo go outside play frisbee

Skyblade
06-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Actually, scratch Golden Sun off the list. It's been played by a lot of EoFF. Add Septerra Core instead.

Pike
06-12-2014, 10:19 AM
If I could add a sixth game I would add Awesomenauts. No one listens to me when I tell them it is the best MOBA, which is a shame because it is the best MOBA.

The only reason Civ IV: Beyond the Sword isn't on my list is because a bunch of people here have already played it. That said, anyone who hasn't played it should do so.

Delorean
06-12-2014, 10:32 AM
Catherine
Tales of Symphonia
Persona 4
Disgaea: Hour/Afternoon of Darkness

umm... idk, TES IV: Oblivion?

Loony BoB
06-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Damn, this is tough. I'm trying to focus on games that I know a lot of EoFFers haven't already played.

The Longest Journey & Dreamfall, because when it comes to quality vs. popularity they are enormously underrated. Also, the final in the trilogy, Dreamfall Chapters, is in production and should be out by the end of next year.
Dwarf Fortress, because everyone should get to grips with this so we can have more DF LP's.
The Mark of Kri, for similar reasons to TLJ & Dreamfall.
EVE Online, only because I really, really want to get into it but I don't want to do it without a lot of good friends to enjoy it with. Danielle and I tried a one month free trial ages ago but if you don't have a lot of friends then MMO's just aren't fun at all. Thankfully Star Citizen will come out and satisfy my hunger for space.

I Took the Red Pill
06-12-2014, 05:57 PM
Maximo: Ghosts to Glory
The Binding of Isaac
DragonQuest VIII
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Mark of the Ninja

Tried to choose games that I love but don't seem to get talked about as much around here. Well, except for DQVIII. It just needed to be there.

Slothy
06-12-2014, 06:09 PM
The Binding of Isaac is some good shit.

I Took the Red Pill
06-12-2014, 07:13 PM
It certainly is. I bought it during a Steam Sale for like $0.75 and have nearly 40 hours sunk into it. I'd recommend it to anyone who's a sucker for procedurally generated games like me. The levels are generated randomly each time, as are the powerups you pick up each level. It can lead to some absurdly fun combinations of special powers. Like your tears turn into homing maggot bombs while you fly around the stage as a demon-Isaac. A bunch of characters to unlock, a bunch of secret levels, an absolutely kickass soundtrack...I could rant about it for a good long time but I'll stop there.

Madame Adequate
06-13-2014, 02:11 AM
If I could add a sixth game I would add Awesomenauts. No one listens to me when I tell them it is the best MOBA, which is a shame because it is the best MOBA.

Whilst I agree that more people should play Awesomenauts, this isn't exactly the highest hurdle to clear :p

BustaMo
06-13-2014, 02:13 AM
-Shadow of the Colossus
-Lost Odyssey

I honestly can't think of a full 5 that's not already discussed here. I'll either play FF games, OR Call of Duty and sports game which there's not much to discuss on those franchises.

Depression Moon
06-13-2014, 04:51 AM
This is the hardest one for me, because everything I can think of all of you probably have played. It's really hard to surprise geeks with any video game really. I think maybe some SNES ones I had played, but its been over 12 years since I've played most of those so I'm not even sure if I'd still enjoy them now and there are others that I think are more obscure, but I wouldn't highly recommend because they were only ok to me.

Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
Dragon's Crown
Dino Crisis 2
Threads of Fate (I was going to omit this one, but I think it should be included because I think I've only seen a thread dedicated to this game on here one or two times).
Def Jam Fight for New York

Carl the Llama
06-13-2014, 03:21 PM
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits

I hate this game with a passion of a thousand suns! One of the few titles I ever forced myself to complete.

Breath of Fire III
Breath of Fire IV
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
Legend of Dragoon
Vagrant Story

I could probably name a few more but theses are definitely my top 5.

metagloria
06-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Mega Man Legends

Slothy
06-13-2014, 03:48 PM
Mega Man Legends

Not sure how that slipped my mind.

Ayen
06-13-2014, 07:20 PM
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Majora's Mask

The Longest Journey & Dreamfall, because when it comes to quality vs. popularity they are enormously underrated. Also, the final in the trilogy, Dreamfall Chapters, is in production and should be out by the end of next year.

Dino Crisis 2

Breath of Fire III
Breath of Fire IV
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
Legend of Dragoon

Mega Man Legends

I agree with all of these. I still need to play Breath of Fire III and the full version of Lunar, myself.

Colonel Angus
06-13-2014, 11:32 PM
I find it kind of amazing that nobody (other than me) has mentioned a classic game. A lot of PSX era & later games.

Pike
06-13-2014, 11:40 PM
Depends on how you define classic.

Colonel Angus
06-13-2014, 11:43 PM
Depends on how you define classic.
In this case I'm not defining classic in quality, but in age. You know, like 16-bit era & back to your grandfather's video games.

Slothy
06-13-2014, 11:55 PM
A lot of the best games of that era enjoy a decent cult following or at least cult knowledge. Emulation probably has a bit to do with it. Truth be told I just went with games on platforms that are currentish because maybe people will actually play them. I could sit here for a while talking about classic games from the pre-PSX days.

Wolf Kanno
06-14-2014, 12:02 AM
I find it kind of amazing that nobody (other than me) has mentioned a classic game. A lot of PSX era & later games.

Master of Orion II - 1996 Microsoft
Shining Force II - 1994 Sega Genesis

Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen - 1995 Super Nintendo

I wouldn't say you are the only person to list "classic" games. Though to be fair I feel the reason why you are not hearing too many of them is because a good number of us have already played them. One look at 5 best RPGs from the SNES/PSX/PS2/etc threads show that up until the PS2, most of played the same games. Only in more recent installments do you begin to see a diverse collection of entries.

Pike
06-14-2014, 12:04 AM
Eh, I've been gaming longer than the majority of people on this forum (by virtue of my age, and the fact that I started gaming at about 2 years old,) and I still maintain that everyone should play Yars' Revenge, but the games I mentioned are still the ones I want other people to talk about with me.

Christmas
05-24-2022, 11:59 AM
EVE Online, only because I really, really want to get into it but I don't want to do it without a lot of good friends to enjoy it with. Danielle and I tried a one month free trial ages ago but if you don't have a lot of friends then MMO's just aren't fun at all. Thankfully Star Citizen will come out and satisfy my hunger for space.

I watched some videos on the game. Seems like a lot of people make quite a lot of real life moolah off the game as well as some large scale battles.