PDA

View Full Version : i am in the garden, naming ants, rubbing dirt into my eyes.

Alive-Cat
06-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Eyes On Final Fantasy Forums Experience, the summer is here. And you know what that means, your gardens will be blossoming and wonderful, beautiful, bright and happy places to be!

Do you have a garden? I recently moved back to my mama's house for a bit and am very much enjoying having a garden. Her garden is wonderful. There's so many plants, and although you can't see very much in this picture (taken from my webcam standing out the backdoor not knowing whether the picture was taking because the sun was so bright) she has solar powered lights everywhere that make it look like a disco at night time! Now the summer is here I can disco my nights away in the garden.

This is the garden:

I promise pictures to come tomorrow evening of me actually in the garden maybe

Do you have a picture you would like to share of your garden? A garden you desire? Or a garden that you once had. A garden of your dreams.

If you don't have a garden, maybe you could walk over to the other side of the street and take pictures of someone else's garden?

Love, Alive-Man xxxxxxxxxx

Ayen
06-13-2014, 01:00 AM
No, we don't have a garden. And I'm not taking pictures of other people's gardens :mymelbert:

noxious.sunshine
06-13-2014, 02:56 AM
My dad and I had a garden when I was younger. For whatever reason, my sister's first car sat in our back yard broke down for months and killed the grass.. So when my dad finally hauled it off, there was a perfect little rectangle for planting things!

He actually made it bigger though and we planted tomatoes, potatoes, corn, green beans, cucumbers, & onions.. It was lovely.

Someday when we buy a house, I'm going to have another garden. I would love to have a big one like the community garden my aunt & uncle were part of and grow like everything.

Jiro
06-13-2014, 03:42 AM
I guess we have a garden? Gardens aren't really my thing. If I'm doing nature, it's wilderness, not manicured stuff. Not much growing given that it ain't summer here.

BustaMo
06-13-2014, 03:46 AM
I just bought a house in February so this Spring/Summer would have been the 1st chance I would have been able to plant/build my own garden. I have a decent size backyard, but it's on a slope so aside from rolling balls down the hill for our puppy, the backyard is kinda crazy to deal with.

Once we're settled in there maybe another year or so and not dealing with the planning of a wedding and lots of travel, me and my future wife can plan something out and make it happen.

Madame Adequate
06-13-2014, 03:53 AM
Summer is here? Oh I hadn't noticed I thought I was just boiling in my skin for no reason whatsoever.

I actually like summer but I wish the heat and day length remained a bit closer to that which you'd get in late spring.

Miss Mae
06-13-2014, 08:19 AM
I'm too lazy to get up and also it's getting dark, so here's an old picture of the courtyard taken through the kitchen window.

And this is the view of the sky and palm tree from the courtyard at dawn. (The palm is in the neighbour's yard so we get fronds falling in the courtyard all the time...)

Alive-Cat
06-13-2014, 04:28 PM
Miss Mae that is very lovely looking stuff! I wish I had a view of a palm tree!

Also MINOR CONFUSION I THINK. IN ENGLAND GARDEN GENERALLY MEANS BACKYARD. I AM TALKING ABOUT BACKYARDS GUYS

Colonel Angus
06-14-2014, 06:44 AM
Oh, you Bri'ish & your made up funny talk!

Miss Mae
06-14-2014, 08:19 AM
Yeah, those English; there's no way they know how to speak English.

Colonel Angus
06-14-2014, 09:00 AM
Whadja say!? If you're gonna insult someone, you should at least speak propa English!

Alive-Cat
06-14-2014, 09:57 AM
There's a good fellow. You may start by japanning me trotter cases. In plain English, clean my boots!

Bubba
06-14-2014, 10:12 AM
I live on an end terrace house and have a pretty decent back and side garden. We actually keep it pretty well!

I much prefer my girlfriend's garden though. She lives in gorgeous house in Wilmslow and has probably my favourite garden of all time.

This is the back of her house. I love the water feature.

This is the rest of the garden.

Alive-Cat
06-14-2014, 10:42 AM
I live on an end terrace house and have a pretty decent back and side garden. We actually keep it pretty well!

I much prefer my girlfriend's garden though. She lives in gorgeous house in Wilmslow and has probably my favourite garden of all time.

This is the back of her house. I love the water feature.

This is the rest of the garden.

That looks incredible!

Bubba
06-14-2014, 10:52 AM
It's just gorgeous at the minute with all the sunshine. She has an amazing cinema room in the house as well where we'll be watching the football later too!

These things are great but she's just a beautiful, amazing girl as well and I love her to bits. I'm a very lucky boy to have someone like her!

Alive-Cat
06-14-2014, 05:30 PM
It's just gorgeous at the minute with all the sunshine. She has an amazing cinema room in the house as well where we'll be watching the football later too!

These things are great but she's just a beautiful, amazing girl as well and I love her to bits. I'm a very lucky boy to have someone like her!

I feel those love vibes, Bubba. I destroyed all my good relationships in the past so I can only hope to one day be as fortunate and happy as you are :love:

fire_of_avalon
06-14-2014, 05:37 PM
My backyard is basically nothing but a steep bank, but my front and side yards are pretty nice.

I also have to actual garden lots, but they need to be cleaned out before I can plant anything. Maybe next year.

Alive-Cat
06-14-2014, 05:41 PM
My uncle is working like a slave on my nan's new garden/backyard. Her old garden was always so nice, but then someone tried to rob up her place, but couldn't get in, but she didn't want to live there anymore and also she is very old now so she hates stairs because she can't walk up them, so she moved. The new garden will be lovely :greenie:

fire_of_avalon
06-14-2014, 06:06 PM
What was the best part of the old garden? Also, what did you name the ants?

Jess
06-14-2014, 07:15 PM
I have a small rectangular garden with some grass and a shed. I live in a rented maisonette and I don't really like the garden because there is no privacy. It's overlooked by the other maisonettes and surrounding houses.

I love my parents garden, and my boyfriends parents garden, though. They're closed off from the rest of the world and are private. You can lounge in the garden without anybody looking in on you! If we want to enjoy some time in the sun, we just go to either of their houses as they're not far away! :jess:

Yesterday, we spent the afternoon and evening in my boyfriend's parents garden, and we had a BBQ. It was nice! They have a water feature in their pond and I just love to sit and listen to it!

Christmas
06-15-2014, 01:59 PM
Oh yes I have one! I buried all my sweets and candies in it. :bigsmile:

and sometimes my hair,

just to see whether a new Christmas will grow out from it. :bigsmile:

Alive-Cat
06-15-2014, 03:06 PM
Ants need names like Pedro/Fredrico/Franco/Palo :greenie:

just to see whether a new Christmas will grow out from it. :bigsmile:

Keep trying then there will be loads of you!

Christmas
03-18-2023, 06:42 AM
Yes, some mini Christmas started crawling out from the soil! I locked them up and made them kill each other for sports! It was so much fun! They just keep respawning out of nowhere! :bigsmile: