PDA

View Full Version : Armored Core (Series)

Ayen
06-13-2014, 04:55 AM
Who here played Armored Core? I have the first game, Master of Arena, and the second game. Never got far on Master of Arena, but I beat the second game and almost completed the first game until a glitch or something screwed me up. I haven't played any of the other games so don't know where the series is now. I greatly enjoyed the first two and modifying my mech and all the missions you can go on.

From this moment on, you are a Raven :cool:

Wolf Kanno
06-13-2014, 05:02 AM
I love Armored Core 2, but I got annoyed with later entries cause they removed my favorite aspect which was New Game + allowing you to build whatever you want without worrying about weight limits which is what made AC2 so damn fun especially since no one in the top ten really used builds that could work with the weight limit in place.

I should probably go back and check out the earlier installments.

Ayen
06-13-2014, 05:05 AM
Yes you should. First game was awesome.

black orb
06-15-2014, 01:19 AM
>>> Too hard..:luca:

Mercen-X
06-16-2014, 05:10 AM
I've only ever played a demo version. Funny that you could design your own emblem in it. I made one for my dad and he wore it proudly as we went head-to-head. Of course, there was no way to save it... whatever. I thought I had picked up a copy for the PS2. I don't remember which one.

Ayen
06-16-2014, 05:47 AM

Funny, I'm the worst gamer I know and the only stage I found to be hard was the train level.

I've only ever played a demo version. Funny that you could design your own emblem in it. I made one for my dad and he wore it proudly as we went head-to-head. Of course, there was no way to save it... whatever. I thought I had picked up a copy for the PS2. I don't remember which one.

My brother used to spend hours on that. I never bothered with it. I just used one of the templates for my mechs.

Wolf Kanno
06-17-2014, 10:35 PM
To be fair, it takes awhile to get used to the controls. AC's control set-up is pretty awkward at first but by end game you can't imagine any other way to do it properly without dumbing down the overall experience.

black orb
06-18-2014, 06:18 AM

Funny, I'm the worst gamer I know and the only stage I found to be hard was the train level..
>>> I dont know which one you played but I remember I needed a bazillion of money to upgrade my mech, the missions rewards were a joke I had to clear like 10 of them just to buy something decent, and if you failed your mission a couple of times it was game over.. By that time with all the negative money I had I was already stuck in the mud, so the only option was restart everything and made a new gameplay (just to fail again)..

smurf this game..:luca:

Ayen
06-18-2014, 11:09 PM

Funny, I'm the worst gamer I know and the only stage I found to be hard was the train level..
>>> I dont know which one you played but I remember I needed a bazillion of money to upgrade my mech, the missions rewards were a joke I had to clear like 10 of them just to buy something decent, and if you failed your mission a couple of times it was game over.. By that time with all the negative money I had I was already stuck in the mud, so the only option was restart everything and made a new gameplay (just to fail again)..

smurf this game..:luca:

Sounds like it wasn't your cup of tea, then. Because I never had any problem with money and I didn't fail missions enough time to prompt a game over screen. I corner pocketed that jerk Nine Ball and called it a day.

Smurfing Nine Ball. MAKE UP YOUR OWN DAMN QUOTES!