PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Gi-Oh GX is the Greatest Anime Ever

Forsaken Lover
06-13-2014, 01:57 PM
http://www.squidoo.com/Most-Insane-Episodes-Of-Yugioh-GX

And believe me, that is only scratching the surface of the insanity that is GX.

GX is a total parody of the "Card Games Are Serious Business" thing of the original. It takes that entire, melodramatic tone of the original and flips it on its head by taking the serious business to the next level.

A new set of rare cards is delivered to Duel Academy by an armed guard of Navy and Air Force that fought off espionage and attack subs.
Duel Academy was founded in part to protect three cards that can destroy the world.
A random country never mentioned before it's introduced has developed a satellite that can blow up the planet. Naturally a man hands over the keys to said satellite to the main villain after losing a duel.

And there's MORE!

It really is a great show and more people should go watch it or re-watch it since I think far too many people just missed what it was trying to do.

Yellow_Magic
06-13-2014, 02:50 PM
I'm sorry but none of that compares to Childrens' Card Games on Motorcycles

Ayen
06-13-2014, 07:33 PM
Meh. I won't hop on the hate train this show seemed to have garnered, and I probably wouldn't change the channel if it was on behind me, but I really have no interest in watching it. I feel this way about all the newer Yu-Gi-Oh shows.

McLovin'
06-13-2014, 08:40 PM
Yugioh GX best yugioh? Get out. :|

Yugioh OG is where its at. Friendship, heart of the cards, Seto freakin kaiba!

Skyblade
06-14-2014, 04:55 AM
It was an interesting show. All the episodes dealing with the actual plot were serious and sometimes dark. The rest was a completely ridiculous insanity-fest. It made for some odd tonal shifts.

Also, the three Sacred Beasts didn't have the power to destroy the world. They had the power to destroy the world's card games. It may be the same thing to the Yu-Gi-Oh! world, but it's an important difference.

I never really liked the Sacred Beast cards, to be honest. Mostly because their storyline made absolutely no sense, even in the world of a series about apocalyptic card games. There were plenty of ways to actually make their story make sense. The writers just either lacked the talent, or didn't care.

Denmark
06-14-2014, 04:56 AM
that's a funny way to spell pokemon, which is the only good anime

Forsaken Lover
06-14-2014, 03:32 PM
It was an interesting show. All the episodes dealing with the actual plot were serious and sometimes dark. The rest was a completely ridiculous insanity-fest. It made for some odd tonal shifts.

Did you forget about the episode where Jaden travels to another dimension/outer space and meets up with a humanoid dolphin and then duels a robot because an alien wants to destroy the universe?

That's part of the main story of Season 2 of GX.

It's really Season 3, where everyone starts dying and poor Jaden's spirit is broken, that it becomes very serious and dark.

Also, the three Sacred Beasts didn't have the power to destroy the world. They had the power to destroy the world's card games. It may be the same thing to the Yu-Gi-Oh! world, but it's an important difference.

I honestly didn't remember all that. I hadn't reached the end of Season 1 when I wrote this and it was only when he dueled Kagemaru that you learnedwhat exactly the Sacred Beasts did.

I never really liked the Sacred Beast cards, to be honest. Mostly because their storyline made absolutely no sense, even in the world of a series about apocalyptic card games. There were plenty of ways to actually make their story make sense. The writers just either lacked the talent, or didn't care.

Season 2 is certainly better than Season 1. The Society of Light >>>>> Sacred Beasts.

Forsaken Lover
06-15-2014, 02:44 AM
e3KiG2tfloY

Ayen
06-15-2014, 02:52 AM
Children's Card games...

IN SPACE!