PDA

View Full Version : Dino Crisis (Series)

Ayen
06-14-2014, 10:48 PM
Who here has played Dino Crisis?

I own the first game and rented the second one a long time ago. Never did get around to playing the third. I thought the first one was too much of a Resident Evil copycat, and I don't mean just in gameplay mechanics. I mean, you could predict certain turn of events in the story if you played the first Resident Evil game and that's kind of bad storytelling in my mind. Rehashing is a no-no. Solid voice acting work, though. I love that Regina is voiced by the English voice over of Sailor Venus. I found the second one to be an improvement, even if the T-Rex bit felt like a Nemesis rehashing.

Discuss.

Depression Moon
06-15-2014, 12:17 AM
The first one definitely is just Resident Evil with dinosaurs and I never bothered to finish the first because of it. Dino Crisis 2 I did enjoy. It wasn't a RE2 clone despite what my friend said. It emphasizes combat more and has weapon upgrades. It does share bad voice acting like the old ones do, but it was a nice change of pace. I' liked the premise of the story, but the execution was poor. I overall thought it was decent so I'd play it again.

Ayen
06-15-2014, 12:47 AM
Did you ever play the third? It was released in 2003 on the Xbox and set in the future. I was kind of interested in checking it out some day. I wouldn't mind having 2 and 3 just to have the whole collection. Not sure about the spinoff.

Depression Moon
06-15-2014, 01:12 AM
Didn't even know 3 exists.

Ayen
06-15-2014, 01:52 AM
Dino Crisis 3 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dino_Crisis_3)

Probably doesn't help that it was on Xbox. I know a lot of people who paid more attention to the PS2 and GameCube around this time.

Mercen-X
06-16-2014, 05:07 AM
I've never finished a Resident Evil game. I believe I beat Dino Crisis which, yes, is just RE + Raptors. Regina should make a cameo in a fighting game or something.

Ayen
06-16-2014, 05:51 AM
How Regina has not made an appearance in Capcom vs. Marvel is beyond me. Then again, I don't think Dino Crisis ever did catch on.

I remember reading the guidebook and being legitimately surprised that the commander didn't betray the group given all the RE plot elements already featured in the game.