PDA

View Full Version : Sofia the First

Skyblade
06-15-2014, 05:32 AM
Ok, this has been bugging me for months, and I just had to post about it.

WTH is up with Sofia the First? When did we get this crazy, nonsensical Disney princess? How did she get so popular, that her stuff is all over product racks at so many different stores? Why is she "The First" when I'm pretty sure that, even knowing the women got pregnant at a very young age in medieval times, she's clearly not old enough to have children?

And, perhaps the most important question of all, how does this:

Relate to this:

Pike
06-15-2014, 10:19 AM
She's popular because she's targeted to three year olds and they'll eat that kind of stuff up.

Colonel Angus
06-15-2014, 10:39 AM
Yeah, I've heard my niece loves her. I had no idea who she was before that.

Dr Unne
06-15-2014, 10:47 PM

You got me. I came here for the Blaster Masters and all I got was a Disney thread. :(

Alive-Cat
06-15-2014, 11:00 PM
I have never heard of her! Seems cool though. She's dressed modestly and can be a good role model to all the girls to show them they are so much more than objects and should respect themselves!

maybee
06-16-2014, 08:32 AM
She basically lives in a castle and has a magical necklace that can summon up canon Disney Princesses, whenever she needs help.

I watched the Aladdin episode with Jasmine, since I'm a huge Aladdin fan. :mogumogu:

Ayen
06-16-2014, 08:52 AM
I did not know she existed until I saw this thread.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-16-2014, 01:12 PM
I have never heard of her! Seems cool though. She's dressed modestly and can be a good role model to all the girls to show them they are so much more than objects and should respect themselves!

If your giant hoop dress keeps you from fitting through an average sized doorway, I don't know if you can call it modest.

DMKA
06-16-2014, 08:59 PM
She basically lives in a castle and has a magical necklace that can summon up canon Disney Princesses, whenever she needs help.

Well, that answer's the thread's primary question.

Man, whoever came up with the "Disney Princess" franchising thing is a marketing genius. Has anyone else in the history of forever managed to milk old property that much? :p