PDA

View Full Version : What do you think is the main message of this game?

Pumpkin
06-15-2014, 07:14 AM
Do you think its about friendship or love or something else?

I like to think its about self discovery

maybee
06-15-2014, 04:41 PM
Always believed that the main theme was finding or discovering life and why we exist and your purpose in life. Family was a important theme too.

Zidane- Wanted to discover his real family and parents- also learnt his purpose in life, to help others in need.

Dagger- lost her parents at a young age, wanted to help her adoptive Mother from her greed and madness.

Vivi- The Black Mages were like a family to him, brothers and sisters- also he struggled and wanted to understand why he existed, and his purpose in life.

Kuja- A insane narcissistic lunatic- though thanks to Zidane's kindness and support; he's able to understand what it means to really live- friends, and family.

Freya- She escaped from her home, only to regret it later- because Burmecia was her home and the people were her family, only to lose most of her family to Beatrix, Brahne and Kuja.

Steiner- It's debatable, but you could possibly argue that Vivi is like a little brother to him.

Quina- Had the Qu clan, that he/she wanted to impress and make proud by travelling and discovering new food.

Eiko- She lost her family, and then her Grandfather at a very young age, she didn't want to be alone anymore, she wanted a family, and in the end- she got her wish and desire. A family.

Amarant- Didn't have a family or anything, though his views and morals on life changed, thanks to Zidane.

Karifean
06-15-2014, 09:45 PM
"Self-discovery" fits well.

Which is a nice theme, too.

Sefie1999AD
06-15-2014, 10:51 PM
Both, really. The game is about finding what you want out of life. Finding your purpose, or calling, if you can say that. And to many of the characters, they found that their purpose is to love, support and help the people around them. :jess: Here are some quotes from the game:

DAGGER: "You try to do everything by yourself, don't you?"
ZIDANE: "Try to understand... I don't want to cause trouble to anyone."
DAGGER: "Aren't we your friends?"
ZIDANE: "I want to think so! That's why I always... Look, I'm not from Gaia. I was just a hairsbreath from becoming the destroyer of Alexandria! I can't accept your friendship so easily!"
DAGGER: "You've always protected us. But you still don't understand that we looked out for you, too! We watched your back while you watched ours. And we believed in you the same way you believed in us! Just like you protected us... We want to protect you."
ZIDANE: "Dagger..."
QUINA: "You say it! My master tell me somebody give you tasties, you give them tasties, too. Is good manners! I still not cook you succulent frog yet, Zidane."
ZIDANE: "Quina..."
STEINER: "Chivalry requires a knight to look after his comrades-in-arms. I will not abandon you! And I shall follow you to kingdom come if I must. You remember that!"
ZIDANE: "Steiner... Ha... What am I gonna do with you guys?"
STEINER: "The feeling is mutual!"

GARLAND: "Zidane... I'll ask you one more time. Who are you!?"
ZIDANE: "You're a sad man, Garland... We know more than you... We're not perfect, but we have friends who help us. That is reason enough for us to live!"

NECRON: "I exist for one purpose... To return everything back to the zero world, where there is no life and no crystal to give life. In a world of nothing, fear does not exist. This is the world that all life desires."
ZIDANE: "Who the hell do you think you are!? You're not ending anything! Never, not as long as we have the will to live!"
NECRON: "Foolish creature... Your fears have already deluded you. One day, you will choose destruction over existence, as Kuja did. When he sought to destroy the crystal, the purpose of life ended. Now, come... Enter the zero world that you desire."
ZIDANE: "No! We'll destroy you and prove you wrong! And through our memories, future generations will see that we can overcome any fear! ... We can't give up now... We have to fight together. Even if we lose, it doesn't matter... Our memories will live on inside others. So, even if we are born to die, I'm not afraid. I'm gonna live!"

Alive-Cat
06-15-2014, 11:12 PM
I agree with everyone else!

Christmas
06-17-2014, 03:13 PM
I thought it is about Melodies of Life! Life is great!! :bigsmile:

That is why the theme song is call Melodies of Life too!! :bigsmile:

Treasure life people! Treasure it well!! If you intend to die, cast Auto Life on yourself first! :bigsmile:

Mirage
06-17-2014, 06:10 PM
That it is OK to kidnap teenage girls in the off-chance that her mother might be a psychopath.

Psychotic
06-18-2014, 07:36 AM
That you no can eat until it weaker.

Sephex
06-19-2014, 09:18 AM
Don't headbutt people in matches or else you'll get red carded.

Quindiana Jones
06-19-2014, 04:18 PM
Never trust a transvestite.