PDA

View Full Version : How often do you use the snooze button?

Pike
06-15-2014, 07:27 PM
Well? Are you a snooze abuser?

(I'm not! :chocobo: )

Sephex
06-15-2014, 07:43 PM
Never use it. If I don't get up right away I will feel more tired if I keep on getting interrupted.

Ayen
06-15-2014, 07:46 PM
My alarm clock doesn't have a snooze button. Mine is a mid-1970 digital alarm clock, we have to set it manually. So if I'm going back to bed I just switch it off and go back to bed.

ScottNUMBERS
06-15-2014, 07:49 PM
I used to abuse it. Then I started going bed earlier instead and my life is all the better for it.

Jess
06-15-2014, 07:57 PM
I used to use it twice, and then get up. Now I try not to use it at all, because I tend to feel better if I get up on the first alarm!

Colonel Angus
06-15-2014, 08:03 PM
I used to abuse it. Then I started going bed earlier instead and my life is all the better for it.
I really need to do this. "Getting 5-6 hrs. of sleep isn't cutting it," I keep telling myself, but I just can't make myself go to bed before 11.

Mahad
06-15-2014, 08:28 PM
I am an abuser. When I use an alarm, I may hit the snooze button an average of four times. By that point I'm annoyed enough at the sound of it I can't drift off to sleep again, so I get up.

Karifean
06-15-2014, 08:40 PM
I don't use the snooze button, ever!

...I do have two separate alarms, though, one a bit later than the other, and that second one tells me "if you haven't gotten up yet, shame on you, but more importantly GET THE SMURF UP!"

Aulayna
06-15-2014, 08:50 PM
I use the snooze button 5 times because I learned the hard way that the alarm stops going off after the 6th time the button is used. So the 6th time the alarm goes off, it's really time to get up :p

Miss Mae
06-16-2014, 03:31 AM
Whenever the alarm is just for me, I will abuse the snooze like it's nobody's business. I woke up with -2 minutes to get ready for work today. But if the alarm is for me and Jiro, I'll be the one to wake up immediately so I can make sure he gets up some time in the half an hour that follows. :jess:

Christmas
06-16-2014, 03:44 AM

I think it depends on who you goes to bed with.

Pumpkin
06-16-2014, 03:47 AM
I never use it. Alarm goes off, I wake up

Jiro
06-16-2014, 04:10 AM
I don't use the snooze button because I just never wake up.

Shorty
06-16-2014, 06:53 AM
I am a massive snooze button abuser.

Quindiana Jones
06-16-2014, 07:00 AM
Technically never. But I set multiple alarms and don't move until the last one, which is a snooze in all but name, really.

theundeadhero
06-16-2014, 09:51 AM
I don't revolve my life around what time I have to wake up. I do what wants being done the night before and then when I'm ready I go to bed. Sometimes there's no limit before I have to wake up and others I'll have to be up in three hours. If I need to set an alarm my snooze button gets a promise that it'll be abused.

Cloudane
06-16-2014, 10:29 AM
As many times as I can get away with. But recently I set it such that I can only snooze twice then I'm late for work.

I really need to do this. "Getting 5-6 hrs. of sleep isn't cutting it," I keep telling myself, but I just can't make myself go to bed before 11.

Me too. Heck, I can't make myself go before midnight.
Part of me knows that my quality of life would be far better if I slept properly. There are so many things I never do (for example, applying to better jobs) because I never have any energy and basically spend the day wanting to be in bed. But a stronger part of me hates spending half my life asleep. Suppose I live to be 70, sleeping an extra hour every day loses me over 25000 hours of my life that I'll never get back. That's a lot of TV shows / FF playthroughs / etc. It's probably not worth it, but I can't get it through that thick part of my head.

Loony BoB
06-16-2014, 10:36 AM
Alarm to help Danielle start waking up. Snooze for 10 minutes. Then nudge her to ensure she's awake. Snooze for 10 minutes. Actually force her to get out of bed. Turn off that alarm. 40 minutes later, alarm to get me awake. Snooze for 10 minutes. Then either get out of bed or wait 10 more minutes if I'm really tired, but after that extra time I get out of bed. Keep snoozing for 10 minutes until I get out of the flat, because it helps me keep track of the time in the morning as I can get distracted by sites like EoFF. :p

Slothy
06-16-2014, 02:37 PM
Never use it. If I don't get up right away I will feel more tired if I keep on getting interrupted.

Alive-Cat
06-16-2014, 05:14 PM
I never use it, but I set about 4 different alarms spaced 15 minutes - 30 minutes apart, so it's kind of like a snooze button that I have programmed in myself! :greenie:

Madame Adequate
06-16-2014, 06:07 PM
I don't currently use an alarm clock in my carefree scrounging skiver's lifestyle (skytv 24/7 whatup cameron) but when I do yeah I'm a big abuser of the snooze button because waking up is terrible.

Vermachtnis
06-17-2014, 02:50 AM
I don't use it. I chose the most annoying setting for my clock and it's away from my bed so I have to get up.

StarCross1988
06-17-2014, 03:56 AM
I don't use it. I don't have my alarm clock within reaching distance, so I have to physically get out of bed to turn it off. Besides I set it like 7-8 minutes before I have to leave, which is just enough time to throw clothes on and comb hair. I can't stand showering right when I get up, lol, I do it the night before.

LocoColt04
06-17-2014, 04:02 AM
I abuse it intentionally. I set it for ten minute intervals, and set my alarm for twenty minutes before I actually need to be aware of my surroundings.

Iceglow
06-21-2014, 07:25 PM
I never use the snooze button. It's the enemy as far as I am concerned. I simply set one alarm for when I have to get up and immediately drag my sorry ass in to the shower when that goes off.

Sometimes, my alarm won't wake me up though which is a problem so if I think I may have trouble waking I'll set a backup alarm.