PDA

View Full Version : What's your sign?

Wolf Kanno
06-16-2014, 09:19 AM
What zodiac sign did you make Ramza, did you choose appropriately to get a slight edge or did you just choose your own birthday? ;)

Fynn
06-16-2014, 11:38 AM
I have him my own birthday, so he was a Cancer :monster:

VeloZer0
06-16-2014, 03:59 PM
My own, Virgo. I thought of working my way through and figure out which sign would be best, but I figure for every place you gain something you loose it somewhere else; so it probably comes out to a wash.

Pumpkin
06-16-2014, 04:26 PM
Depends. I usually name Ramza after my boyfriend and make myself one of the soldiers you can buy, so he usually has my boyfriend's birthday. I think I did once make him a Pisces after me.

I'm not sure which sign it was, might have been Pisces actually, that made the fight against Gaffgarion a huge pain in the butt

Loony BoB
06-16-2014, 05:11 PM
Wait, what's all this about an 'edge'? Is this something I should know before I start the game? Or does it let you know the 'edges' at the time?

Pumpkin
06-16-2014, 05:12 PM
The Zodiac signs have compatibilities. There is good, bad, and best/worst. I think the best/worst goes by gender.

Colonel Angus
06-17-2014, 03:38 AM
I make him Aquarius.

Wolf Kanno
06-17-2014, 04:02 AM
Wait, what's all this about an 'edge'? Is this something I should know before I start the game? Or does it let you know the 'edges' at the time?

Basically the game makes use of the real Zodiac compatibility so signs of the same elements have good compatibility but signs of the same Quality (Fixed, Cardinal, Mutuable) have bad compatibility, Polar Opposites signs are the exception as it's based on gender so same sex gender leads to really bad compatibility while opposite sex leads to really good compatibility.

Compatibility affects damage and success rates of magic.

Skyblade
06-17-2014, 01:09 PM

Basically the game makes use of the real Zodiac compatibility so signs of the same elements have good compatibility but signs of the same Quality (Fixed, Cardinal, Mutuable) have bad compatibility, Polar Opposites signs are the exception as it's based on gender so same sex gender leads to really bad compatibility while opposite sex leads to really good compatibility.

Compatibility affects damage and success rates of magic.

To expand this further, the signs don't just balance each other out because your enemies (at least the bosses) have set signs. So you can know in advance what sign each boss has. That can help you a ton by letting you choose a sign that will give you advantageous results against most of the hard bosses in the game.

Personally, I hate this system.

escobert
07-13-2014, 10:45 PM
I always choose Virgo since, I'm a Virgo!

Loony BoB
02-16-2015, 11:46 AM
Finally playing this game now. Went with my own birthday as picking something based on anything else felt cheap. I'm told it's not a huge deal in the long run anyway.

Colonel Angus
02-21-2015, 09:05 PM
Finally playing this game now. Went with my own birthday as picking something based on anything else felt cheap. I'm told it's not a huge deal in the long run anyway.
It's supposed to help w/ damage/healing & status spell affects. Not a humongous deal, as I try not to think about it because it seems too tedious to worry about.

Lazerface
05-28-2015, 06:38 PM
Same as Ramza's canonically.

Vermachtnis
05-28-2015, 07:03 PM
This entire time I thought it was cosmetic, like in real life. I went with Pisces cause I'm a pisces.