PDA

View Full Version : So who is picking this up?

Wolf Kanno
06-16-2014, 09:22 AM
Now that it's finally going to be released outside of Japan, who is picking this game up?

fat_moogle
06-16-2014, 10:11 AM
I'll definitely be picking this up on day one! Getting a PS4 in September so I'll be ready and waiting. Played the Japanese demo in 2011 and enjoyed it a lot, of course didn't understand a thing! So will be great to finally get the chance to play it in English. Can't wait to try out all the different characters and summons as the demo was limited to who you could play. Loved skating round the battlefield as Shiva! Also I've strayed away from spoilers just incase of localisation!

Ayen
06-16-2014, 10:24 AM
It's very unlikely that I will be getting this game any time soon unless it's ported to the PC as well. I currently do not have the funds to buy a PS4 or a Xbox One (granted, I wouldn't get a Xbox One anyway...) and even if I did I have nowhere to put them. I'll have to settle with looking into the fan translation when my schedule is clear.

Fynn
06-16-2014, 12:10 PM
If I get a ps4, then definitely.

Del Murder
06-16-2014, 03:20 PM
If I get a ps4, then definitely.

Vyk
06-16-2014, 05:00 PM
At first I was like "Um.. this is a PSP game, why is everyone talking about next gen consoles?" So I looked it up in case I was confusing the relationship between versus, agito, and type-0 again. But I was right. It's a PSP game. But apparently getting ported/re-released. I think I actually have the PSP one somewhere. I just have to patch it. I've heard lots of positive things about it. Very action oriented, but apparently its extremely fun action, with lots of variation. What, like 12 different characters to choose from, who all play/fight differently? And I've heard the story's not half bad either. If the port is worth while, I may wait to play it and get it for real on a console. It didn't work out too terribly for Resident Evil: Revelations. I'd honestly probably be happier if more portable games got console or PC ports..

Pumpkin
06-16-2014, 05:03 PM
ehhhh

Scotty_ffgamer
06-16-2014, 05:25 PM
I'm buying it day one.

maybee
06-17-2014, 10:10 AM
Depends on how Zelda Wii-U turns out and it's looking really good.

The school thing ? I don't know, I feel too old for that.

fat_moogle
06-17-2014, 11:58 AM
The school thing ? I don't know, I feel too old for that.
FFVIII was based on students as well, I don't see how this is any different really.

Wolf Kanno
06-17-2014, 04:11 PM
It's different in that VIII was about a mercenary school that felt like a typical high school anime to the point you forget they are trained soldiers, whereas Type-0 is about a magic school that gets drawn into an actual violent conflict where students now have to deal with the horrors of war. Basically it is what VIII should have been.

Bolivar
06-18-2014, 05:31 PM
Have a PS4 but will probably only get it if the campaign to compel a Vita port suceeds. I don't have much time for PC/console gaming anymore, much less for Final Fantasy spinoffs.

Formalhaut
06-25-2014, 02:07 PM
PS4 is frightfully expensive, so probably only once they get a massive price drop.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-17-2014, 06:01 AM
Yep with a side of yep.

Hopefully I'll have a PS4 by the time of release. Even if I don't, I'll pick up the game when it comes out for the possible limited edition/pre-order goodness.

DMKA
09-18-2014, 10:05 PM
Type-0 is about a magic school that gets drawn into an actual violent conflict where students now have to deal with the horrors of war.
So it's anime Harry Potter?

Sold.

Wolf Kanno
09-18-2014, 10:51 PM
Type-0 is about a magic school that gets drawn into an actual violent conflict where students now have to deal with the horrors of war.
So it's anime Harry Potter?

Sold.

Basically, just drop Voldemort, replace him with a Magitek Empire ruled by a militant Cid, and change the whole "Harry is destined" to "Gryffindor is destined" and you're a bit closer. Also some timey-whimey stuff, a bit of a Fushugi Yuugi elements, and cosmic shenanigans. It's plot is... interesting to say the least.

Mirage
09-21-2014, 10:34 PM
sure why not

Rin Heartilly
11-09-2014, 12:59 PM
Yeap, I'm buying a PS4 for this game (and disgaea 5) :D