PDA

View Full Version : 'why won't you say anything' 'because i am scared of you.'

Alive-Cat
06-17-2014, 07:37 PM
Dear The EoFF Final Fantasy Internet Forums Experience,

How shy are you? How do you find yourself in social situations? When going somewhere new, or when someone talks to you you've never met, are you able to speak to them freely and unhindered? Or are you like a small mouse, sitting in the corner, begging them with your sweet little eyes to leave you alone because they frighten you?

I used to be very shy as child, then it went away!

Now EoFF, this is a very special video. If you are shy, really it's okay. Listen to this song. If you do nothing else for yourself just listen to this song. Please don't worry about a thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hrIwrPAOUk

Your friend, Alive-Man xxxxxxxxxxx

Shauna
06-17-2014, 07:42 PM
I am quite shy and socially awkward. I struggle to hold conversations with people I've just met or don't know particularly well.

But as anyone who knows me well, I don't shut up after a while of knowing me, so maybe you're better off having socially awkward Shauna! ;)

Ayen
06-17-2014, 08:31 PM
I'll seldom be the one to start the conversation, but I can hold it well enough. After a while I'll talk your ear off.

Sefie1999AD
06-17-2014, 09:23 PM
I am quite shy and socially awkward. I struggle to hold conversations with people I've just met or don't know particularly well.

But as anyone who knows me well, I don't shut up after a while of knowing me, so maybe you're better off having socially awkward Shauna! ;)

I'm almost exactly like that! Except when I'm with my friends, I'm nearly always the one who starts the conversation.

Sephex
06-17-2014, 10:02 PM
I do not have a problem talking to people. I just go with the flow of things.

Shiny
06-17-2014, 10:09 PM
Like most EoFFers, I'm pretty shy and introverted, but I can fake it when I need to in situations where I am networking. I am very outgoing with people I'm close with.

Mahad
06-17-2014, 10:35 PM
I don't think of myself as being particularly shy, but I certainly don't do well when I have to speak to crowds of people. One on one, I don't mind having a conversation with a random stranger, so long as I know something about what's being discussed.

Shorty
06-17-2014, 10:42 PM
Like most EoFFers, I'm pretty shy and introverted, but I can fake it when I need to in situations where I am networking. I am very outgoing with people I'm close with.

About the same as me! I can easily appear to be outgoing and sociable and I do well in crowds and groups, but it gives me anxiety all the same and I'd sooner prefer to not say anything at all. I'm good at hiding my discomfort, though, which is why I think I do well in social situations.

Alive-Cat
06-17-2014, 11:20 PM
Yeah, I still feel terribly shy but don't really act that way. It just creates all this bad energy inside me that I can only get out by listening to The Mad Capsule Markets naked in my living room and pouring soya milk on my knees and feet :(

Pumpkin
06-18-2014, 01:50 AM
I used to not be at all shy but since I've moved and my depression has worsened I find myself being very socially awkward. If I spend too long around people I don't know I start to cry

Miss Mae
06-18-2014, 02:03 AM
Depends. I feel awkward sometimes with people who are much louder and more confident, or if I'm with a group where everyone already knows each other and I'm on the outskirts, but generally-speaking I'm not shy.

Pumpkin
06-18-2014, 02:04 AM
Oh you know what I hate is when you're quiet because you don't want to talk to anyone and then someone draws the whole rooms attention to you by saying something like "Gee you're quiet!" out loud for everyone to hear.

Or when you're happily on the sidelines and someone drags you in to a conversation you don't want to be in and everyone is staring at you waiting for you to respond.

StarCross1988
06-18-2014, 02:35 AM
I used to be horribly shy, like when I was back in grade school. I graduated and got a job talking to and dealing with the public and it totally changed how I am.

I am however, completely phone shy. I nearly go into anxiety attacks whenever I'm forced to even think about calling someone I don't know. It's very debilitating. :/

Jessweeee♪
06-18-2014, 02:44 AM
I'm horribly horribly shy and just completely terrible in social situations. Like spending the whole time pretending to text terrible. I've tried removing my crutches by leaving behind the phone, cutting my hair out of my face, leaving myself no easy excuse to suddenly leave, not carrying anything I can fiddle with, and I've learned that what happens in this situation where I'm forced to socialize is I am just plain off and say things that cause people to make this weird confused face or I'm just kind of a bitch. I've been wondering lately if I don't have an actual developmental disorder :|

In the past couple of years I've become a better "sprinter" where I can pretend to be normal or even make a genuine connection for short conversations, but for extended periods of time like at a quiet party I am a mess. Dates are weird. I have to turn the brain-mouth filter completely off and be a manic pixie lady, so only crazy guys wanna see me again, and sometimes it works out that their crazy complements my crazy.

Colonel Angus
06-18-2014, 02:44 AM
I'm extremely shy. I hardly can talk to people I don't know. I'll almost never start a conversation w/ anybody & when I do talk to people, I rarely look @ their faces. :eep:

StarCross1988
06-18-2014, 02:55 AM
Yeah, eye contact is something that's a horrible issue for me too. I've done things people have suggested like look at their forehead instead, which just makes me feel more weird like 'why the fuck am I staring at this person's forehead?' Sometimes I'd just rather be considered by most people to be the quiet-antisocial-bitch just because it's easier, and only have my friends know the real me.

Christmas
06-18-2014, 05:54 AM
Yeah, eye contact is something that's a horrible issue for me too. I've done things people have suggested like look at their forehead instead, which just makes me feel more weird like 'why the smurf am I staring at this person's forehead?' Sometimes I'd just rather be considered by most people to be the quiet-antisocial-bitch just because it's easier, and only have my friends know the real me.

I do know that eye contact is a horrible issue for guys. They prefer eyes to boobs contacts more than eye to eye contacts. Right, guys? :mymelbert:

Jiro
06-18-2014, 05:59 AM
Happily talk to new people.

Ayen
06-18-2014, 06:05 AM
Yeah, eye contact is something that's a horrible issue for me too. I've done things people have suggested like look at their forehead instead, which just makes me feel more weird like 'why the smurf am I staring at this person's forehead?' Sometimes I'd just rather be considered by most people to be the quiet-antisocial-bitch just because it's easier, and only have my friends know the real me.

I do know that eye contact is a horrible issue for guys. They prefer eyes to boobs contacts more than eye to eye contacts. Right, guys? :mymelbert:

I prefer looking them in the eye, myself. But I'm more girl than guy anyway.

Alive-Cat
06-18-2014, 06:15 AM
Oh you know what I hate is when you're quiet because you don't want to talk to anyone and then someone draws the whole rooms attention to you by saying something like "Gee you're quiet!" out loud for everyone to hear.

This. These people. I hate them. They are not good.

I love it in the song when it's like 'Mia's kind of shy, but that's okay! She still knows how to try, and make new friends!' and 'sometimes I'm scared'

This should have been played to me when I was a shy child. Unfortunately I did not have an Alive-Man looking out for me like you all do!

LocoColt04
06-18-2014, 06:44 AM
Man... I feel like I don't belong in this thread.

I am the absolute antithesis of shy. I will throw myself at anyone given the slightest window of opportunity. I haven't been shy since I decided to not listen when my parents told me not to talk to strangers... and that was at the age of four. I don't always lead the conversations (in fact, despite my insanely social nature, I prefer to listen) but I will absolutely get them started if necessary.

Oh, a new person I've never seen before? Hi, how are you? Can I take your coat? Let me just go ahead and sit in your lap.

WHERE ARE FREYA AND JINX TO BE MY OUTGOING WINGLADIES IN THESE SITUATIONS

Alive-Cat
06-18-2014, 04:59 PM
Man... I feel like I don't belong in this thread.

I am the absolute antithesis of shy. I will throw myself at anyone given the slightest window of opportunity. I haven't been shy since I decided to not listen when my parents told me not to talk to strangers... and that was at the age of four. I don't always lead the conversations (in fact, despite my insanely social nature, I prefer to listen) but I will absolutely get them started if necessary.

Oh, a new person I've never seen before? Hi, how are you? Can I take your coat? Let me just go ahead and sit in your lap.

That is what I am like generally especially while out socialsing but it is a sham and inside I am screaming and scared and unhappy :greenie: