PDA

View Full Version : "I'll have it plain, please."

Sephex
06-19-2014, 01:57 AM
Are you a boring person like me? Great! What kinds of food do you prefer plain (or at least as basic as you would go)?

A generic example of what I am talking about it a simple cheese pizza.

As for me? I love cheese burgers or double cheese burgers. Just the bun, burger, and cheese! That's it! Depending on the burger/availability I will dip the burger ketchup on the side. IT TASTES BETTER THAT WAY, DAMN IT!

Alright, so in what way are other people boring eaters?

Pike
06-19-2014, 02:07 AM
I dislike most sauces and salad dressings so yes, I am that person who gets chicken nuggets with no sauce, salads with no dressing, and hamburgers/hot-dogs with no ketchup or mustard.

Calliope
06-19-2014, 02:07 AM
I love gazillions of toppings on everything, but when I lived in Auckland I used to routinely go to a Japanese restaurant and order a serving of plain steamed rice with soy sauce once or twice per week. It was a cheap item on their menu, and I find rice to be delicious, so it worked well; but the server was always somewhat in disbelief that that was the only thing I genuinely wanted xD

Perducci
06-19-2014, 03:14 AM
Plain for life.

Down with sauces.

Pumpkin
06-19-2014, 03:36 AM
I eat lots of stuff plain. Fries, burgers, hot dogs, a few other things that people think I'm weird for.

Ayen
06-19-2014, 04:09 AM
I don't put butter on my mashed potatoes.

Mirage
06-19-2014, 04:11 AM
you're all a bunch of weirdos

i only eat complex food

ok maybe not, I sometimes eat just a steak with nothing on the side just cause i cba to make anything else

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-19-2014, 06:52 AM
As for me? I love cheese burgers or double cheese burgers. Just the bun, burger, and cheese! That's it! Depending on the burger/availability I will dip the burger ketchup on the side. IT TASTES BETTER THAT WAY, DAMN IT!

Same here. I'll occasionally go for bacon, though.

Dip the burger in ketchup on the side just like the fries :cool:

Psychotic
06-19-2014, 07:20 AM
Fuck yeah, plain food for life. I love plain cheese pizza and plain burgers and I am distinctly unimpressed if the likes of sausages or chicken is spiced or seasoned. I mean, I'll eat it, but :colbert: all the same. There's almost a stigma to it though which baffles the shit out of me. I like what I like, I'm not making you eat it, so shove yer fancy seasoned food up yer arse mate.

Sephex
06-19-2014, 07:36 AM

Same here. I'll occasionally go for bacon, though.

Dip the burger in ketchup on the side just like the fries :cool:

This is true with me now that I am thinking about it. It just doesn't happen too often for me to remember when I made the thread, I suppose! But yes, adding bacon to my plain cheeseburger is love.

noxious.sunshine
06-19-2014, 10:44 AM
Th only thing I eat plain is a good steak. Cuz if the steak is good, you don't need steak sauce.

The only other thing I really like plain to this day are soft tacos from taco bell, though now I will have cheese on them as well. Back when I was a cheese hater, I would only get meat. But yeah. I never have taco bell anymore though.

Pete for President
06-19-2014, 12:51 PM
Tea. No milk no sugar.

Shorty
06-19-2014, 04:47 PM
No. I add something to everything.

Bubba
06-19-2014, 05:31 PM
I used to have everything plain when I was younger. Plain burger, chips without sauce or salt, Cheese on toast... I have changed since entering my thirties though. I experiment much more now. In fact, just the other day, I put bbq sauce on three of my chips! Ridiculous I know!

Psychotic
06-19-2014, 05:36 PM
Well, how was it? Don't hold out on us.

Shorty
06-19-2014, 05:54 PM
It's so damn good! Yes to bbq sauce and fries!

Shauna
06-19-2014, 05:55 PM
I have sauce and stuff with everything.

Bubba
06-19-2014, 05:56 PM
Well, how was it? Don't hold out on us.

Three of the chips tasted like bbq sauce.

Psychotic
06-19-2014, 06:00 PM
Was that a pleasurable experience for you?

Bubba
06-19-2014, 06:54 PM
Was that a pleasurable experience for you?

It's difficult to say. The bbq sauce was a supermarket own brand so it could have been a much more pleasurable culinary experience had I opted to go for a Webur or Jack Daniels sauce. Also, with the sauce being limited to three chips, I don't think the taste lingered enough for me to be completely satisfied. I may try expanding the use of the sauce next time to maybe four or five chips to see if that has a different effect. I'll keep you posted!

EDIT: Jesus I talk absolute bollocks on here, don't I?

Rez09
06-19-2014, 07:38 PM
Most seafood I prefer 'plain', outside of the butter in the pan it is cooked in, which I don't really count. This is especially true of shrimp, which I actually dislike with any form of breading or sauce but love by itself. Pork Chops I do love plain as well, but I usually cut them up and add them to other things instead, which may be cheating. >_>

Alive-Cat
06-19-2014, 07:38 PM
I am the opposite, I have sauce on everything, literally everything. For example, potatoes. Tomatoe sauce, mustard, salt, pepper and vinegar.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-21-2014, 06:58 AM
I always use ketchup on foods people would otherwise use bbq sauce on.

Have a nice steak? I'm getting out the ketchup bottle.

noxious.sunshine
06-21-2014, 07:06 AM
Tea. No milk no sugar.

THAT. Unsweetened Iced Tea FTW... omfg.

Formalhaut
06-21-2014, 07:10 AM
I used to take things pretty plain, but I actually really like all kinds of sauces and toppings now. I just think it adds so much flavor to whatever I'm eating, it'd be weird having it without.

chionos
06-22-2014, 03:22 PM

You are everything that is wrong with the world.

You've got it wrong.

This is everything that is wrong with the world:

Tea. No milk no sugar.

THAT. Unsweetened Iced Tea FTW... omfg.

Psychopaths.

Alive-Cat
06-22-2014, 04:03 PM
I'm trying to think of a savoury food that I don't put tomato sauce on...there isn't one :greenie:

Jess
06-22-2014, 07:30 PM
I love sauce and condiments. I don't want anything plain. Ever!

Colonel Angus
06-22-2014, 07:52 PM
Sometimes when I have an Italian Sausage sandwich or Italian Beef, I have it plain. Sometimes a chicken breast sandwich plain, too.

Most of the time I've got to have a condiment. Usually Mustard & Ketchup for a burger, mustard & piccalilli on a hot dog & A1 on a steak. Recently I tried mild giardinera on a burger & it was dynamite.

If I do have a condiment on Italian Sausage it might be mustard or ketchup, or occasionally sweet peppers. On a chicken breast sandwich I might have mustard or BBQ sauce.

W/ shrimp I've got to have cocktail sauce, whether it's fried or not.

Jess
06-22-2014, 08:15 PM
Oh wait, I tell a lie. I prefer a bacon sandwich with no sauce!

Aulayna
06-22-2014, 08:19 PM
Crisps (or Chips as you lot call them)

Ready Salted (Plain) is the best flavour.

ScottNUMBERS
06-22-2014, 09:44 PM
I'm quite partial to boiling some vegetables and eating them as they are. Despite this, a roast dinner must absolutely always have gravy. I also tried tea with no sugar once. Once.

Christmas
06-23-2014, 12:30 AM
No one mentioned tea with lard? :confused:

http://finalfantasy.istad.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/lard.png

Raistlin
06-23-2014, 03:49 AM
I dislike ketchup and mustard and other common sauce/dressing condiments (ranch, blue cheese, horse radish, etc.), so I'm always ordering plain hot dogs, burgers, chicken nuggets, and fries. I like some things on them (bacon and onions can go on pretty much anything, and I do have some hot sauces I'll put on most sammiches), just not the common trash found in cafeterias. I also like hot chicken wings without the taint of dressing.

There is something very wrong with you.

Bubba
06-23-2014, 08:54 AM
Do you know what really irritates me? People who put a load of salt and pepper on their food before they've even tried it!!

How the hell do you know salt and pepper is even required?

Night Fury
06-23-2014, 11:35 AM
Hmmmm.... Sometimes if I'm feeling like I really need carbs, I will just eat some pasta plain. Just a wee bit of salt on it. Yummy!

Shiny
06-23-2014, 04:40 PM
I've eaten a salad where it just consisted of just cucumbers. No lettuce, but possibly some cherry tomatoes. I tend to like the cucumbers with just a dash of lemon pepper. Dressing is not necessary for all occasions.

I also prefer to devour my burgers with little to no extras like onions, lettuce, cheese, or tomatoes. Cracked black pepper with it is at times all that is needed if it's made well, or some good bbq sauce.

chionos
06-23-2014, 07:47 PM
Do you know what really irritates me? People who put a load of salt and pepper on their food before they've even tried it!!

How the hell do you know salt and pepper is even required?

:) My grandpa was like that. He'd salt even the weirdest things, like...pizza: I remember the first time I ate pizza with him, he pulled out the salt and just smothered his slice and I thought it was the weirdest thing I'd ever seen. He also salted his coffee. (for you foreign people who don't drink coffee, that'd be like salting your tea)

magemasher
06-23-2014, 11:20 PM
I have salad with ginger and garlic don't know if that counts as plain as I add that for flavour.

Plain steak

Full English with no sauce

Bacon Rolls no sauce.

I only have ketchup with steak if I have scampi with it.