PDA

View Full Version : Which Game of Thrones House are you loyal to?

Ayen
06-19-2014, 03:22 AM
Littlefinger wants to know.

Not too long ago I had a poll on which Hogwarts House you belonged to, so why not Game of Thrones? There's no Sorting Hat to tell you where you belong this time. It's all about personal choice. So, in the game of thrones where do you swear fealty? :o

I kept the poll options limited to the Great Houses because there are just too many and I'm bound to forget some, so go ahead and choose other for anything not on the poll.

Jinx
06-19-2014, 03:49 AM
I am Tyrell, through and through.

Bunny
06-19-2014, 04:12 AM
Martell is the only house worth a damn at this point.

Mirage
06-19-2014, 04:20 AM
i uh... well. The starks. Whatever is left of them. But hey, that's why it's called loyalty, right?

Madame Adequate
06-19-2014, 04:24 AM
You know it's a funny thing, just before I saw this thread I started a CK2 GoT mod game as my custom house.

It'll be a long road but one day we'll sit upon the Norn Iron Throne.

Del Murder
06-19-2014, 04:59 AM
Well I do shit gold...

Ayen
06-19-2014, 05:05 AM
House Baratheon all the way, bro.

Well I do trout gold...

Pass some this way, will you?

Shorty
06-19-2014, 05:14 AM
Tyrell, of course! :jess:

If I could just take the Tyrells and put them on the coast and have them be Seagarden, that would be my true house. The Greyjoys are such indignant little dickwads with all of that "we do not sow" and "did you pay the iron price" nonsense and I'll have none of it :colbert:

Psychotic
06-19-2014, 07:43 AM
Oh I love every single Lannister (Joffrey BARATHEON doesn't count. Don't care if he hasn't got a drop of Baratheon blood :colbert:) in their own way. I also love the new characters for House Greyjoy that haven't appeared in the show yet, and they haven't done casting calls for them which is concerning.

I also want Aegon Targaryen to be king. I don't care if he's a fake and is actually Illyrio's Blackfyre son or whatever.

As Varys said,

Aegon has been shaped for rule before he could walk. He has been trained in arms, as befits a knight to be, but that was not the end of his education. He reads and writes, he speaks several tongues, he has studied history and law and poetry. A septa has instructed him in the mysteries of the Faith since he was old enough to understand them. He has lived with fisherfolk, worked with his hands, swum in rivers and mended nets and learned to wash his own clothes at need. He can fish and cook and bind up a wound, he knows what it is like to be hungry, to be hunted, to be afraid. Tommen has been taught that kingship is his right. Aegon knows kingship is his duty, that a king must put his people first, and live and rule for them.

Sounds like exactly what Westeros needs, regardless of whatever he actually is. Still, there's so much in the books about him being a fake that I wonder if the twist is that he's actually real after all.

The Man
06-19-2014, 07:45 AM
Agreed with Psy about Aegon. There really isn't anyone else in the books anywhere near as qualified for the position (that we've been introduced to, anyway; since he didn't show up until book five it's possible there are others we still don't know about).

Madame Adequate
06-19-2014, 07:50 AM
There's Dany :colbert:

Psychotic
06-19-2014, 07:52 AM
In the sentence in my spoiler you can replace the name Tommen with her name tbh. And maybe add (who has proven herself grossly incompetent in all that she does) after it too.

Dragons don't make you a Queen/King.

The Man
06-19-2014, 07:53 AM
While more qualified than most of the other contenders, she's still not as qualified as Aegon, purely because of the extensiveness of the latter's education. In fact if all our leaders were required to have that kind of education this world would be a much better place. :monster:

Jiro
06-19-2014, 08:19 AM
Oberyn was my favourite Martell but I could get onside with them. Got a soft spot for the Starks because they're the pseudo main characters but, yeah, not a whole lot of them left. The Lannisters are great but as far as the House goes, kind of dicks. I don't know. Loyal to my friends?!!?

Ayen
06-19-2014, 08:54 AM
Really, at this point in time I wouldn't put it pass George to have the Night's King kill everyone and rule Westeros in an everlasting night.

Carl the Llama
06-19-2014, 09:01 AM
Winter is coming.

Pike
06-19-2014, 11:25 AM
Targaryen, always Targaryen.

Brilliant.

Mad.

Incest guilt fluttering away in the wind like Elsa's cape.

I will be loyal to this house to the grave.

The Man
06-19-2014, 05:15 PM
Really, at this point in time I wouldn't put it pass George to have the Night's King kill everyone and rule Westeros in an everlasting night.He's said the ending of the series will be "bittersweet". Knowing George, that's pretty bittersweet by his standards.

Lonely Paper Star
06-19-2014, 06:05 PM
Martell ftw!

Bubba
06-19-2014, 06:28 PM
I was originally going to say The Nights Watch because they are my favourite. But then I realised I wouldn't be able to touch a girl ever again and... smurf that.

I'd love to be associated with the Lannisters though. I'd be like a tall version of Tyrion. Getting drunk and whoring all day.

Jess
06-19-2014, 08:01 PM
House Stark, forever. Including Jon Snow.

I would be disappointed if Aegon won the throne in the end. Not introduced until Book 5, and wins? fuck that noise.

Psychotic
06-19-2014, 08:06 PM
Aegon was mentioned in book 1! :p Besides, there'll three whole books of him by the end, that's plenty.

Jess
06-19-2014, 08:36 PM
Aegon was mentioned in book 1! :p Besides, there'll three whole books of him by the end, that's plenty.
I know he was mentioned prior to book 5, but we didn't really know much about him until book 5. By book 5 I'm already invested in other characters.

Right now I think I'd prefer Joffrey being raised from the dead and sitting the iron throne. :colbert:

I haven't finished ADWD yet, but I don't know, I just haven't got any kind of attachment to him yet. But that could change, I suppose. But I don't think it will.

Jinx
06-19-2014, 08:46 PM
Right now I think I'd prefer Joffrey being raised from the dead and sitting the iron throne. :colbert:

I mean, I wouldn't rule that out just yet.

Del Murder
06-19-2014, 08:47 PM
Can I suggest a new rule: if your post contains nothing but a spoiler then it should be taken to the spoiler thread.

Jinx
06-19-2014, 08:59 PM
no

The Man
06-19-2014, 09:00 PM
bite my shiny metal ass

*Devore*
06-19-2014, 09:06 PM
Stannis for king. The Lord of light will guide him to the Iron Throne.

Pike
06-19-2014, 09:08 PM
IN THE FAR NORTH OF WESTEROS, farther even than the old walls of Winterfell, miles into the Wolfswood, on the northern bank of Long Lake, once stood the castle of Godric’s Hollow, ancestral seat of House Potter. Its walls and high towers had been built centuries before from the pale grey stones of the great mountains to the west, and although Godric’s Hollow was not the oldest, the biggest, nor the highest castle in the Seven Kingdoms, or even in the North, its beauty was undeniable – its construction an assemblage of harmonious angles and symmetry, its towers and turrets tall and lean with perfect curves of polished stone. In the summer, its proud shape reflected in the lake, still like a mirror, and trees surrounded it so closely that they almost seemed part of the architecture itself. When the branches bent under heavy snows and the lake froze over, Godric’s Hollow took an air of peaceful majesty, of sleepiness, as if suspended in time. The black banners with the white phoenix of House Potter floated from its towers all year long, and hung proudly on its walls during the warmer season. But the cold, northern beauty of Godric’s Hollow gave no indication to the tragic fate of the House that inhabited it.

House Potter was one of the oldest families in the realm. Legend said that long ago, in the Age of Heroes, they had been sorcerers, powerful warriors with magic coursing through their veins. The first Potter, a certain Godric – the same one who had later built the beautiful castle of Godric’s Hollow – was said to have been an ally of Bran the Builder, although not an ordinary man, but one born from the union of a First Man and one of the Children of the Forest. Old tales told of how Godric Potter had helped build the Wall with spells and sorcery, of how he had taught witchcraft to the people of the North and performed unspeakable acts in the name of strange gods and mysterious forces, spraying the blood of innocents on the frozen northern lands. And this magic had been passed down through his bloodline, legend said. The Potters were seemingly almost impossible to kill and lived to be very old, which had earned them their sigil, the phoenix.

But those were nothing but legends, and Westeros is rich in legends, some of them a thousand times more violent and outrageous than the story of Godric Potter and his unholy powers. Yet, it was still firmly believed among the people of the realm that the Potters were descendants from ancient sorcerers, and that some members of the family possessed great powers, if only one every few generations. But the Potters would only smile when you mentioned this at their table and pour you another cup, for House Potter was one of modesty and integrity, the values of the North. If they did have otherworldly powers, they never used them in obvious ways, and they never sought to rule any kingdom, remaining faithful bannermen to the Starks, to whom they had been sworn for centuries. They usually wed other northerners, mostly among the Starks, the Umbers, and the Blacks, and often greeted the Black Brothers of the Night’s Watch on their journeys to and from the Wall with grace, hospitality, a good bed and a warm meal. They mostly kept away from matters of the court, but would take arms if necessary to defend the North.

Like too many stories of sorrow in Westeros, the downfall of House Potter started with a king. It started on the day a messenger came to Godric’s Hollow, with a summon from the court, demanding that Lord Harold Potter, his wife Eleanor, their eldest son Charlus, and their only daughter Kimbra head to King’s Landing. The message, bearing the unmistakable Targaryen seal, informed Lord Potter that King Aerys wished to promptly discuss the possibility of wedding his eldest son, Prince Rhaegar, to the beautiful Potter girl.

Lord Potter was dubious. King Aerys rarely paid any attention to what happened in the North. He had, until then, seemed content to surround himself with southerners the like of the Lannisters, to which none of the northerners particularly objected. But the Potters had gained unwanted fame of late, or more precisely, Kimbra had gained attention when two of the Blackwood brothers had suddenly become rivals and resorted to fight to the death in an attempt to obtain her favour.

At sixteen, although she had hardly ever left the North but to attend a few tourneys in the Riverlands, young Kimbra’s beauty was already well-known in the Seven Kingdoms. She had the slight, slender built and ebony hair of the Potters, and the large, dark eyes of the Blacks inherited from her mother’s side. Lord Potter, who was a noble and honest man, often scolded her daughter, warning her that vanity is an ugly trait, but Kimbra was fresh as a rose, charming and naïve. She was full of joy at the idea of becoming Prince Rhaegar’s bride. She begged her father to accept the King’s invitation, but Harold Potter had no choice. He could not refuse, even though he deeply wanted to, even though he was suspicious. Rumours of King Aerys’ descent into madness had reached even the far halls of Godric’s Hollow and Lord Harold was not eager to fall into the king’s bad graces. The offer of a king is not something one can refuse. One can only accept and be grateful for the honour. And if it meant that his daughter might one day be queen of the Seven Kingdoms, he would take a leap of faith for her sake.

And so the Potters travelled south to King’s Landing, unaware of the faith that awaited them there, because unknown to most people outside court, King Aerys was already negotiating to wed his son to Elia Martell of Dorne, and he had no intention of making Kimbra Potter the queen of anything, for he had heard about House Potter, too, and about their history. He had heard the legends and read the terrifying lore of Godric potter and his strange accomplishments. And for some reason, Aerys Targaryen had it in his mind that young Kimbra Potter was a sorceress who entranced young men with her beauty, forcing them into madness and bloodshed to satisfy her nameless, demonic gods. The king had no intention to let her approach his son lest he suffer the same fate than the two Blackwood boys, and almost as soon as Kimbra Potter set foot inside the Red Keep, he collected her pretty head to adorn the walls of his great castle. When her family protested, he locked them in a dungeon cell and showered them with wildfire until there was nothing left. Death by fire, they say, is the purest. Perhaps in his insanity, King Aerys thought it a kindness.

But the Potter line was not yet destroyed, and King Aerys sometimes, although very rarely, like to think of himself as merciful. He allowed Lord Harold’s last living heir, his youngest son, to live, albeit stripped of all titles. James Potter, then only ten years old, remained safely fostered in Winterfell. Lord Rickard Stark, whose own mother had been a Potter, was full of anger. He raised the boy as his own son, waiting for the day when his people would take their revenge, because the North always remembers.

The story of what had happened to the Potters spread quickly through the continent and terrorised the smallfolk and the noble Houses alike. It all went downhill from there, as King Aerys’ madness only increased. The following events, of course, are well-known. Prince Rhaegar wed Elia Martell, and some years later, abducted Lyanna Stark. The Starks confronted the Mad King, leading to Lord Rickard’s death, and that of his eldest son, Brandon. It was the last straw. The North rallied its forces, other kingdoms joined, and thus was born the rebellion that would eventually lead to King Aerys’ death and to Robert Baratheon taking the Iron Throne.

When the war was over, the new king summoned James Potter to court. Now in his twenties, he had fought bravely against the Targaryen forces to avenge his family. King Robert restored all his titles and had him knighted as repayment for his courage and his family’s sufferings. Ser James thanked him, wed a southern lady that he had met in the Vale during the war, and promptly returned home, wanting nothing more than to raise his family in peace and quiet, and to forget the terrible fate of his loved ones.

Never since was James Potter seen south of the Neck again. He remained faithful to the Starks, but refused to take part in any battle that might shatter his already fragile legacy. The other Houses knew, understood, and left him alone until time would eventually heal his wounds. Once again, the black and white banners could be seen hanging from the walls of Godric’s Hollow in the long summer, and when Ser James’ first son was born, when he looked into the green eyes of little Harry, he finally understood the meaning of House Potter’s words: Rising Again. The gods had given him a little phoenix, and for the first time in years, he felt hope.

But the story of House Potter was far from over. Their downfall had started with fire, and it is also how it ends.

Jess
06-19-2014, 09:10 PM
You can't enforce your rules on us anymore, Del! FREEEEDOM!!!!

Pike
06-19-2014, 09:37 PM
Silver stars glittered in a dark velvet sky that constituted the Great Hall's enchanted ceiling. Hundreds of candles floated in mid-air above a sea of black-robed teenagers, who were all looking in the same direction. In front of the teacher's table, on top of a wooden stool, sat the battered and ancient Sorting Hat.

Sansa was sitting with her fellow Hufflepuffs waiting for the Sorting to end and the feast to begin. She was the only one of her siblings to be sorted into Hufflepuff – so far at least. She hadn't minded much that her older brother and half-brother were in Gryffindor, but when a year ago her younger sister, Arya, got sorted into Gryffindor too, she started feeling resentful. Being sorted in a different House than her siblings made her feel isolated from them and left-out and she reacted with disdain and hurtful remarks. Her uncle Edmure, though, who witnessed this behavior, guessed what had been the cause of it and had a chat with her. Well, he was Head of Hufflepuff House and so responsible for her. He reminded her that all the Tullys were sorted in Hufflepuff, including her mother Catelyn.

"You take after your mother so much", he said. "You have her great beauty, of course. But also her spirit, her gracefulness and of course her stubbornness", he laughed. "Is it at all surprising that you belong to the same House that she did?"

Uncle Edmure – no, she corrected herself, Professor Tully, then helped her remember how much fun she'd been having until then.

Indeed, being in that House led her to achieve one of the two things she most cared about: to be popular. She glanced at the girl sitting next to her. Margaery Tyrell befriended her shortly after Sansa was sorted in Hufflepuff. Although she was older than her by 3 years, she introduced her to her circle of friends and not before long Sansa was part of the most popular group of girls in school.

Sansa's other desire still hadn't been fulfilled: to find true love.

Another Frey was being sorted at the moment. How many more were there? The school seemed inundated by Frey students– there were at least 4 in her year alone and they were all unattractive and boring – well, the boys at least.

Speaking of boys… Sansa stole a glance at the Head Boy sitting next to Margaery. He was not just the most liked boy in school, he was adored. A Hufflepuff with dazzling good looks, a Chaser in the Quidditch team, a terrific student and all-round kind and polite young man. Boys wanted to be him, girls wanted to do him. Loras Tyrell, Margaery's brother. If Margaery was the undisputed Queen of the school, then Loras was certainly the King. Even her brother Robb, Captain of Gryffindor's Quidditch team, wasn't that popular.

"Elia Sand" called the voice of Professor Tarly and a dark-haired girl strode confidently and jammed the Hat on her head. There was some murmuring among the students and no wonder. She was yet another Sand Snake to attend this school. Her father, Oberyn Martell, had eight daughters from five different women and hadn't married not one of the mothers. Talk about sowing your wild oats in your youth! He was called The Viper because of his weekly political column, The Red Viper, in his brother Doran's newspaper, The Unbiased. His vicious, truthfull quill could puncture - and had punctured - many a reputation. No wonder Elia Martell, now sorted in Gryffindor, moved like she owned the place. The offspring of the media moguls that were feared by all, even the government, could very well move like they owned the place.

"Brandon Stark", rang the deep voice of the Professor. Her brother Bran was next. He walked to the stool, sat and put on the Hat. Sansa held her breath. Would he go the way of Robb, Arya and Jon and end up in Gryffindor like their father or would he follow the Tully side of the family and come to Hufflepuff?

The Hat didn't take long. It opened its mouth and announced:

"Ravenclaw!"

Alive-Cat
06-19-2014, 09:59 PM
Targaryen of course! So what if they had a few mad'erns, Daenerys is the one true queen of everything!

Aulayna
06-19-2014, 10:12 PM
Wow so I came into this thread only to find a bunch of book spoilers...

*leaves again*

PS: http://www.zimbio.com/quiz/wK1eBDbbA8J/Game+Thrones+House

Also

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/mp/5eef1i2D2Htl.jpg

Ayen
06-19-2014, 11:17 PM
Wow so I came into this thread only to find a bunch of book spoilers...

Don't look at me, I didn't know the evil I was unleashing with a simple question. As the one true king of Westeros I'll see to it these delinquents are punished. Did they say delinquents back then? No matter. (Um, ToriJ, you're not Robert's son) Shut up, Stannis.

The Man
06-19-2014, 11:25 PM
@Aulayna's quiz: I got House Stark. No surprise there.

Shorty
06-19-2014, 11:29 PM
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/mp/z4xDEQb9j1Cl.jpg

Ah, I'm not so sure xD But nice try!

Ayen
06-19-2014, 11:30 PM
I took that quiz on Facebook a couple of days back and also got House Stark.

But House Stark helmets don't give you antlers. Antlers, guys! Baratheon helmets have antlers!

Jinx
06-20-2014, 12:05 AM
I'm also a Stark!

Now, which of us is living and which of us is dying. :colbert:

Ayen
06-20-2014, 12:09 AM
I'm also a Stark!

The better question is, between you and Shorty which one of you is Arya? :colbert:

Shorty
06-20-2014, 12:10 AM
I'm also a Stark!

The better question is, between you and Shorty which one of you is Arya? :colbert:

Well, one of us has red hair, and one of us has brown...

Jinx
06-20-2014, 12:26 AM
It's funny you ask that, because we're two of maybe five people in the whole world who both hate Arya and love Sansa. xD Neither of us wants to be her!

Aulayna
06-20-2014, 12:33 AM
Arya was a cool character... back in season 1

Ayen
06-20-2014, 12:55 AM
It's funny you ask that, because we're two of maybe five people in the whole world who both hate Arya and love Sansa. xD Neither of us wants to be her! Yes, Jinx. That was the joke. You ruined it. You ruined it with your jinxness.

Del Murder
06-20-2014, 01:20 AM
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/mp/7YPMDFxt3qal.jpg

Sounds pretty good.