PDA

View Full Version : "It's like Mario RPG."

Sephex
06-19-2014, 06:10 AM
Is there an existing franchise that you would like to see made in the vein of Mario RPG/Paper Mario? A recent example of that style is South Park and the Stick of Truth.

If I am going to pick another Nintendo franchise to be made into an RPG, I would pick Kirby. I think they would think of creative and lighthearted way to pick fun of RPG tropes (The RPG inspired boss battles in Kirby Super Star come to mind as a very minor example).

As for something random? Star Trek. Of course it would be a far more serious game in tone and style, but I think the right developer could make it work. Doesn't matter if it is based off one of the shows or is simply set in the Star Trek universe.

Your picks?

Ayen
06-19-2014, 06:14 AM
Powerpuff Girls.

Pike
06-19-2014, 10:33 AM
I really just want a Super Mario RPG 2.

Also give me a Pokemon game in this style. Not a main series one; just one where you get to be different parties of Pokemon having adventures together

Depression Moon
06-19-2014, 02:09 PM
Another Super Mario RPG 2 please and I like the Kirby idea, but I don't want it to play like any of the Mario RPG games.

metagloria
06-19-2014, 02:46 PM
I've been waiting my entire freaking life for a Ninja Turtles RPG. All the TMNT games are action, combat, and stage oriented. But imagine a huge city (think Arkham City) with a sprawling sewer system (think Mega Man Legends), weapon and skill upgrades...oh man, it could be the best thing ever.

StarCross1988
06-19-2014, 03:03 PM
I've been waiting my entire freaking life for a Ninja Turtles RPG. All the TMNT games are action, combat, and stage oriented. But imagine a huge city (think Arkham City) with a sprawling sewer system (think Mega Man Legends), weapon and skill upgrades...oh man, it could be the best thing ever.

That actually sounds really badass. XD I love TMNT.

Perducci
06-20-2014, 08:17 PM

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=36583

The rumors were false and they're not actually making a game like this, but I'm pretty sure that this is the thing I have waited for my entire life. Screw Arkham Knight, put all funding into an Arkham-style TMNT game (With awesome Casey Jones sections).

metagloria
06-20-2014, 08:39 PM

The rumors were false and they're not actually making a game like this, but I'm pretty sure that this is the thing I have waited for my entire life. Screw Arkham Knight, put all funding into an Arkham-style TMNT game (With awesome Casey Jones sections).
Yes. This. All of this. Why does it have to be false :cry:

chionos
06-20-2014, 08:40 PM
Oh wow, I'm loving this TMNT rpg idea lol. So stupid but so fucking rad.

Perducci
06-20-2014, 09:33 PM

Yes. This. All of this. Why does it have to be false :cry:

Imagine the Batmobile mechanics from the Arkham Knight trailers, except instead of the Batmobile, it's the Turtle Van and you're just cruising around New York fighting Ninjas and animal mutants.