PDA

View Full Version : 'it's my birthday' 'i made you a card from dead cat skins'

Alive-Cat
06-19-2014, 07:28 PM
Dear EoFFFE,

Do you often get people cards for occasions? I strongly believe in the power of a card. I always get people cards. I think long and hard about my cards. Even if I haven't seen someone in a long time I get them a card. This singles me out from other males I know, who never get cards.

I always try to fill the whole inside of the card with stories, drawings, sometimes I stick something in there that's cool, like a reciept or a sweets wrapper. I always try to write a true story from mine and the card reciever's past. If I don't know them well I will write about a random topic of my choosing, for example long shore drift.

Now, there are no songs or videos really relevant to the topic of this thread but here is 10 hours of elevator music to listen to while you post in this thread, ensuring you post in a happy, positive and light hearted manner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs

Ya boy, Alive-Man xxxxxxxx

Christmas
06-19-2014, 07:59 PM
Well, for guys I would paste a picture of a hot half naked woman getting ready to strip in the card. :bigsmile:

I will tell then to stay till next year for a full naked pic of the woman in your card and they all look forward for next year birthday. :bigsmile:

Alive-Cat
06-19-2014, 08:48 PM
Well, for guys I would paste a picture of a hot half naked woman getting ready to strip in the card. :bigsmile:

I will tell then to stay till next year for a full naked pic of the woman in your card and they all look forward for next year birthday. :bigsmile:

You can make a story out of it, after she strips you can tell the story of her life year by year like how she gets into knitting homemade jumpers and makes a business out of it, opening a little market stool and also making her own carrot juice and selling it to the kind people of her town who look after her like a daughter :greenie:

noxious.sunshine
06-19-2014, 11:21 PM
The only cards I buy are gift cards.

Bam.

Ayen
06-20-2014, 01:19 AM
Yes, although I don't much care for how much they go for anymore. I started buying my cards at the Dollar Tree since they have some good ones for only a dollar.

Miss Mae
06-20-2014, 04:32 AM
I don't buy cards for people anymore, except sometimes at Christmas if I've bought somebody scratchies or want to give them money; I like having something to put those things in. Otherwise I just don't bother anymore, and I'd rather somebody give me the $5-$10 they spent on their card than a card I'm just going to recycle, to be honest.

Colonel Angus
06-20-2014, 05:03 AM
All my dad & grandfather got for Father's Day was a card making light of the fact that they were just getting a card.

Calliope
06-20-2014, 05:32 AM
It's a lost art, having fallen by the wayside in favour of a "like", a facebook message emblazoned upon one's "wall", some e cards, one of those plastic giftcards you fish off the rack in the checkout line of the supermarket. I've slowed down myself, my annual card-making session now an annual occurance. Even wedding invitations are all digital now, who writes anything down anymore?

Romanticism is a fool's errand, but I will not be stopped. I press pen to paper, conjuring a rhyme or a song reference or simply a stream-of-consciousness accompanied by scribbled pelicans. Sheathing the paper in an envelope, I seal it with my tongue (beware of paper cuts! death to chemicals!), affix the correct postage, and solemnly copy the address onto the front. Back home it was never necessary to include my own address on the envelope; I mourn the lack of mystery as I scrawl my own details in the corner.

A short walk down the road, and a few words for luck - from there, my thoughts and feelings are out of my hands, deposited into an antiquated looking postbox. Strangers are now the wardens of my words, and I wonder about their lives as well. Do they enjoy their work? Do they realize that it is important, or has the repetition and cliche ground them down, blue thoughts and blue uniforms trudging down the pavement. Countless people touch these words as they travel from me to you; more labour than can possibly be bought with forty cents. We cannot all be Bukowski.

With so much of our communication, we do not get the response we wish for, and sometimes none at all. In my lifetime I have tried many times to start chains of handwritten camaraderie; postcards, parcels, letters in illegible spiraling print all winging their way outwards into homes and desk drawers I will never see. I have learnt to never hold my breath; still, my fingers remain crossed.

And if, for all that, my jokes fall flat, my prose withers before the ink has even dried, and I fail to articulate my mundane thoughts adequately, know this: The paper you hold in your hand is tangible proof that someone thought you were important, someone was thinking about you, and someone sends good wishes that they hope will arrive to you; even if they are willing to leave it to chance. Every venture outside of yourself is a chance.

Alive-Cat
06-20-2014, 06:07 AM
Also, I keep a lot of cards! It's cool because I have a sack full of cards and some of them date back to the olden times when I was but a child.

EoFF, don't lose hope! Keep the faith! Buy cards!

Even better, make cards! Sometimes I make them. I generally buy as blank a card as possible because there's no point having store bought messages on them that some cards come with; speak from your heart.

I haven't had to buy a card this year because I met this lovely young lady who works in a card shop, and so as a means to woo her into my special love nest I bought all my cards for this year at once, I still have dozens! :greenie: