PDA

View Full Version : You have to finish what you start.

Wolf Kanno
06-20-2014, 05:09 AM
How is your track record of completing games? Do you finish all of them or keep playing until the credits roll or just play until you get bored or life happens and then leave it for another day?

Colonel Angus
06-20-2014, 05:12 AM
More often than not I finish the games.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-20-2014, 05:15 AM
There are a few games I haven't beaten that I've started, but I intend to return to them eventually. Once I've beat a game once, though, I don't feel inclined to play to the end. I often will just play until something else grabs my attention then.

Pumpkin
06-20-2014, 05:28 AM
Ahahaha I'm awful at finishing games. I will finish them once and then most likely never again

Agent Proto
06-20-2014, 05:34 AM
When I play games, like an RPG, I usually intend to finish it at least once. Sometimes I dont manage to complete games for various reasons, like I have another game taking up my time, or I just lost interest, or life took over. :)

Shauna
06-20-2014, 10:20 AM
I am baaaad for never finishing games. There is a conscious effort being made though to try and complete games after I start them. It is going mildly well.

Pete for President
06-20-2014, 10:32 AM
Ever since the PS2 generation I finish every game I buy and the majority of games borrowed/acquired otherwise I finish too. That said I'm very selective about titles and my library isn't that big.

Cloudane
06-20-2014, 12:50 PM
Always start a game, but never finish them.

No, I do tend to get distracted, it's about 50/50 really. I usually finish FF games in the end, at least.

Psychotic
06-20-2014, 01:10 PM
I have a pretty good record on the whole!

Bolivar
06-20-2014, 01:10 PM
I do finish a lot of games but i'm not religiously committed to completion. Some games just aren't worth the time sink when I could be learning Chinese or reading the Bible or something. I won't finish Killzone Shadow Fall and probably won't finish my latest file of FFI.

One issue that comes up with PSN and Steam sales is I'm buying "Complete Editions" more often than not. How much of the DLC am I obligated to play before considering the purchased title "finished?" I typically just beat the vanilla game.

Pike
06-20-2014, 01:45 PM
I rarely feel the urge to complete a game; so long as can I put a decent amount of time into a game I consider it worth the purchase.

Perhaps this is because I hail from the generation whose first games were classic arcade games like Space Invaders. The concept of "beating" a game was foreign to me for a very long time. To this day it doesn't bother me terribly if I don't beat something.

Skyblade
06-20-2014, 03:35 PM
I rarely feel the urge to complete a game; so long as can I put a decent amount of time into a game I consider it worth the purchase.

Perhaps this is because I hail from the generation whose first games were classic arcade games like Space Invaders. The concept of "beating" a game was foreign to me for a very long time. To this day it doesn't bother me terribly if I don't beat something.

You mean you never beat Space Invaders?!

Vermachtnis
06-21-2014, 11:25 AM
I'm weird, sometimes I can focus on one game and play it from start to finish and sometimes I start like five games and get around to them whenever. I've gotten a little better about since I joined Backloggery. And I came up with some tricks to help motivate me like not removing games from my "Now Playing" list until I've beat them and dating the last time I played them. Of course I'm about to loop around and games I last played June 24, 2014 is about to come up.

You mean you never beat Space Invaders?!

The last guy is tough. I always had to get Fry's Brother to get it for me.

chionos
06-21-2014, 01:52 PM
I like to beat my games. Dirty naughty games. Don't talk back to me, FFXIII. I'll put you in your place. I'll beat the shit out of you even if it takes me the rest of my life to do it. I'll beat your ugly, slow ass bloody. Don't think I won't. And when you're dead, I'll beat your sister FFXIII-2. Dirty whores need a good beating.

I try to beat games even if they suck. If I've started, I want to finish.

Depression Moon
06-21-2014, 03:50 PM
Only game I haven't beaten that I care to because it's good is Advance Wars and what's preventing me is its difficulty.

Neptunia
06-21-2014, 07:33 PM
complete games? looking at what I have completed and what I have not and intend to or have not and forgot I even have, completed games is a bit of a foreign subject. Sure I beat FF7-13-2 (ignoring 11 cause its mmo) and a couple of RTS and pokemon games. oh and KH. beyond that I tend to get distracted or bored of a game and leave it so long I have to restart cause I forget what to do next :( .