PDA

View Full Version : How many people have beaten this game?

Wolf Kanno
06-20-2014, 05:41 AM
So who here finished it?

Sefie1999AD
06-20-2014, 11:45 AM
I beat it almost 7 years ago. Took me 99 hours, and the game was highly enjoyable, but for some reason, I haven't been willing to play the game again after that.

Pike
06-20-2014, 12:05 PM
To clarify my poll vote: I actually didn't think it was terrible, but I did think it was horribly boring and I didn't care about it enough to finish it. I quit about halfway through because I realized I was just going through the motions and not having any sort of fun.

Tigmafuzz
06-20-2014, 01:15 PM
That depends, how many people do I count as? And if I beat it multiple times and other people watch, does it count as them beating it?

I loved it. I spent way too much time with it exploring the world and getting rare drops and equipment and spells. I think I had over 120 hours on one save file because of how much time I wasted just leveling in the mines and getting a shitton of money and fishing and whatnot. And I had save files before each boss fight so I could go and replay them if I ever felt like it.

I loved it enough as a game to accept it the fact that it was different from your normal FF.

metagloria
06-20-2014, 02:11 PM
I've beaten it...I think four times. Once when it first came out, then a second time to get Order of Ambrosia, then a solo Vaan run, then another OoA. And I'm itching to play it again.

ScottNUMBERS
06-21-2014, 01:16 AM
I beat it and loved it. I very much would love a HD remake for my Vita. I have strong urges to replay it but I can't because my disc exploded. I loaded the game up and my computer started to make this noise that got progressively louder until it shattered the disc into many shards and chucked them everywhere. It was quite cool and funny in an explosion type way but also not cool because I have not been able to play.

chionos
06-21-2014, 01:18 AM
I beat it so hard.

Colonel Angus
06-21-2014, 03:57 AM
It's my favorite game. Of course I've beaten it.

Sephiroth
06-21-2014, 04:09 AM
I did. Who expected Vayne to go LSSJ and then Bahamut ZERO.

Neptunia
06-21-2014, 04:43 AM
I beat the game, but didnt really enjoy the story felt too much like star wars FF style. tried to play it again a couple of times and just cant get into it.

chionos
06-21-2014, 01:18 PM
The story starts off well enough, but it does meander toward the end, and FFXII has one of the poorer endings of the series. It's all the stuff in between, though, that makes FFXII a great game.

Sephiroth
06-21-2014, 07:48 PM
The story starts off well enough, but it does meander toward the end, and FFXII has one of the poorer endings of the series. It's all the stuff in between, though, that makes FFXII a great game.

You didn't like the ending? I thought it was the most emotional scene in the entire story.

chionos
06-22-2014, 01:37 PM

You didn't like the ending? I thought it was the most emotional scene in the entire story.

It was disappointing and didn't seem emotional at all. I guess this is because the build up to it doesn't work so well. The antagonists are just not antagonizing.

Sephiroth
06-22-2014, 02:59 PM

It was disappointing and didn't seem emotional at all. I guess this is because the build up to it doesn't work so well. The antagonists are just not antagonizing.

I thought in a story that felt so emotionless the ending was very emotional with Ashe's letter, Penelo fooling around with Vaan, Basch being his brother's successor, the artwork picture of Balthier and Fran in the credits apparently being together and all.

Pumpkin
06-26-2014, 10:42 PM
I finished it but barely and not because I disliked it but because IT IS SO LONG and not very easy once you hit the Phon Coast. Well, for me anyway

TrollHunter
07-17-2014, 09:37 PM
I've put hundreds of hours into the game and it's my favorite FF. I've only beaten the final boss once though~

This game has so much optional content it's not even funny. I'm fairly certain that a good 40-60% of the game is entirely optional... AND I LOVE THAT.
But yeah, I've beaten it... once.

Ergroilnin
07-17-2014, 11:40 PM
I feel that the poll is missing "finished it once, liked it, but that's it" opinion or something.

I personally LOVED the gameplay, it feels so MMORPG-ish yet it isn't. I loved Gambits since come on... Who enjoys hitting attack 12 thousand times? If anything playing with gambits to make the best possible outcome was totally great!

But truth to be told, I didn't exactly care for the story at all. At first it felt very slow to me, then it felt very political to me and in the end I had to kill final boss I agreed with. Seriously, what was bad about letting races of Ivalice choosing their own fate?

I will eventually replay it though. I got my hands on copy of IZJS but since I just got Vita, I'll probably play other games and wait for FFXII HD remaster.

Dat Matt
07-19-2014, 12:24 PM
The game and the story, dull as bricks. I only finished the game for completion sake. I spent most my time doing the hunts, finding all the weapons. That's where I spent my time in this game. There is a speedrun for FF12 on how long to beat sitting at just under 9 hours. That's pretty short.

Ayen
07-19-2014, 01:03 PM
Never finished it, and by terrible I mean I got bored. I plan to play it again in September for a review. I doubt I'll finish it then, either. Even if I like it. Just a habit with me. I seldom finished many of the games I play. I either lose interest, don't have the time, or I suck at it.

Colonel Angus
07-20-2014, 03:14 PM
There is a speedrun for FF12 on how long to beat sitting at just under 9 hours. That's pretty short.
I'm not surprised by the under 9 hrs., since it's easy to run from almost every battle. Make a beeline for the required destination, defeat boss, move on w/ story. Probably a lot easier than any of the other FFs w/ the random battles.

Wolf Kanno
07-20-2014, 07:04 PM
Not to mention its the first FF to let you skip all the cutscenes so that would make it much easier as well.

krissy
07-21-2014, 12:29 AM
it took me a year or so but i finished it
its just so vast

Psychotic
07-21-2014, 08:04 AM
I did it, but it was a hell of a grind and an effort to get over the finish line. It's a shame because I really enjoyed the early stages in Rabanastre and the surrounding sands but it began to feel like more of a chore than a game. At the end I was just running at full pelt through dungeons with a conga line of monsters at my heel because I simply could not be bothered to fight anymore. I just wanted it to end. This was the first Final Fantasy that I did not replay.

Formalhaut
07-21-2014, 12:48 PM
Never finished it, and by terrible I mean I got bored.

My boyfriend had this exact same experience. He only played it briefly, at a friend's house, but he found the beginning insufferably boring. He said that once he finished X and X-2, he'll tackle XII again seeing how I own it, and that he's really enjoying X.

Edge7
08-02-2014, 07:31 AM
I didn't really like it when I first got it, so I didn't beat it back then. However having started it last summer, I've been playing it on and off for a total of 30 hours of gameplay, and I plan on beating it. I'm currently at Drace's Execution, and I've been loving the game so far, so much so that it's currently one of my favorite games. I know the story meanders, and there's all the stuff about the Occuria, etc, but I'm having fun, and I can totally see myself replaying the game in the future (maybe 3 years from beating the game, but I'd still replay it).

Quindiana Jones
08-02-2014, 07:42 AM
Completed it twice, I think, but played it around four times. I would kill for an updated HD remake. :D

Ayen
08-02-2014, 07:54 AM
Never finished it, and by terrible I mean I got bored.

My boyfriend had this exact same experience. He only played it briefly, at a friend's house, but he found the beginning insufferably boring. He said that once he finished X and X-2, he'll tackle XII again seeing how I own it, and that he's really enjoying X.

I actually enjoyed the opening sequence with the narration at the beginning. It's after all of that that I got bored with it. Just felt like the game got put on ice by the time you reach Vaan.

arenzi
08-02-2014, 01:21 PM
Finished it a long time ago but I didn't like it as much as some of the other FF games.

Raistlin
08-03-2014, 10:12 PM
I finished it. I didn't "love" it immediately, but it was very enjoyable, and one of the only FFs that I actually had fun simply exploring. I've been meaning to replay it, but it's just so damn big.