PDA

View Full Version : Remove a class/Add a class

Sephex
06-20-2014, 06:51 AM
If it were up to you, which class would you remove from FF? The one condition is that you have to add a class to replace the one you removed! It has to be a class that exists in any other FF game.

Personally, I would get rid of the Monk. Not because I hate the class or whatever, but I guess I just like all the other classes better by default. I bravely made that choice. Ha ha ha.

Anyway, I would add Geomancer to the game. I would have it so the class is more about drawing power from ALL elements. With a game so heavily themed on the whole four elements deal, I think the class with that twist would fit in nicely!

EDIT: Geomancer would be the base class. The upgrade would be called Geomaster. This would give the party access to field commands like being able to sprint and avoid damage floors like in FFV. Naturally, the power the class draws from the elements would increase as well.

LocoColt04
06-20-2014, 06:55 AM
Conveniently, I would also remove Monk! Let's assume that removing the base class also removes the advanced class. Is Geomancer your base or advanced? What comes before or after it?

In the stead of Monk/Master, I would add a classical Bard to the group. Go go support roles! It would start with party-effect songs to group-haste, boost damage, boost defense, etc, and then the advanced class would be Dancer, incorporating previous songs and adding enemy-detrimental effects, like group-slow, defense down, attack down, etc.

Sephex
06-20-2014, 07:10 AM
Conveniently, I would also remove Monk! Let's assume that removing the base class also removes the advanced class. Is Geomancer your base or advanced? What comes before or after it?

In the stead of Monk/Master, I would add a classical Bard to the group. Go go support roles! It would start with party-effect songs to group-haste, boost damage, boost defense, etc, and then the advanced class would be Dancer, incorporating previous songs and adding enemy-detrimental effects, like group-slow, defense down, attack down, etc.

I forgot to add that.

Geomancer would be the base class. The upgrade would be called Geomaster. This would give the party access to field commands like being able to sprint and avoid damage floors like in FFV. Naturally, the power the class draws from the elements would increase as well.

Gonna edit this bit into my original post.

Wolf Kanno
06-20-2014, 01:40 PM
I'd remove the thief class and replace it with the FFIII version that actually does something useful, though I would keep the FFI Ninja as it's upgrade.

Rez09
06-21-2014, 03:43 AM
I'd remove the thief class and replace it with the FFIII version that actually does something useful, though I would keep the FFI Ninja as it's upgrade.

It occurs to me that a Thief from FFIII would completely negate the need to do the first sections of the game. :o

Christmas
06-22-2014, 04:14 AM
Replace white mage with doctor. I have more confidence in modern science than some mambo jambo. :bigsmile:

Besides, doctors have such sexy handwriting. :bigsmile:

VeloZer0
06-22-2014, 04:30 AM
I have more confidence in modern science than some mambo jambo. :bigsmile:
Imp Attacks Fighter
Critical Hit!

Fighter undergoes three months recovery!

Christmas
06-22-2014, 01:36 PM
Imp Attacks Fighter
Critical Hit!

Fighter undergoes three months recovery with fully paid salary!

That's what I am talking about. :bigsmile:

metagloria
06-22-2014, 02:29 PM
Imp Attacks Fighter
Critical Hit!

ITT: Final Reality.

VeloZer0
06-22-2014, 05:46 PM
Imp Attacks Fighter
Critical Hit!

I don't know how socialized the world of FFI is, I mean they send you off to save the world and still expect you to pay your room and board out of your own pocket up front.

Wolf Kanno
06-23-2014, 06:31 PM

It occurs to me that a Thief from FFIII would completely negate the need to do the first sections of the game. :o

Don't consider that a problem since I feel the game doesn't really pick up until you start actually taking on the fiends. Fuck the elves. :colbert:

Pumpkin
06-26-2014, 05:37 AM
Remove fighter with Warrior :D??

Sephex
06-26-2014, 09:56 AM
Remove fighter with Warrior :D??

You damn cheater.

Rez09
06-27-2014, 12:02 AM
I would probably do, basically, what Wolf suggested and replace the Thief with one from a later game, but probably not from 3 due to the whole not needing keys to open locked doors thing, though I'd also replace the Ninja job with the FF6 version instead of leaving it as it is. There's no value to the black magic the class gains in FF1 outside of haste, so giving the players elemental damage via scrolls instead seems like a fair deal.

Wolf Kanno
06-27-2014, 03:34 AM
though I'd also replace the Ninja job with the FF6 version instead of leaving it as it is. There's no value to the black magic the class gains in FF1 outside of haste, so giving the players elemental damage via scrolls instead seems like a fair deal.

Except Shadow is bit broken seeing how he neutralize damage from attacks, counter attack doing almost 5x damage, and his damage algorithm with Throw is game breaking. ;)

Rez09
06-27-2014, 06:14 AM
I have to admit, I did fail to account for Interceptor. However, that said, with the way FF1 is programmed he would probably be bugged and ineffective anyway. ;) Assuming he did work (and I'd love to see 8-bit Interceptor bite a shark >: D), the chance of him blocking/countering is still random in a game that doesn't especially favor player-end luck, and he does spell damage, not physical, which, with the Int bug in place, means he would counter attack for 55 or 66 damage before resistance factoring. The block certainly can't be understated, but the damage leaves a lot to be desired.

Regarding the Throw command, I am quite curious what you see in the command that is game breaking in the context of FF6. :o The special damage multiplier it carries is the same as a critical hit and morph's, which is great but far from gamebreaking, and the defense ignoring property isn't too overly impressive considering you lose the weapon you threw and the Ultima Weapon and Valiant Knife possess it as well. It certainly isn't weak, by any stretch, but it also doesn't strike me as Rage, Blitz, Slots, or Morph level powerful.

Additionally, considering the skill in terms of FF1, I think it would work out okay since the best weapons you can buy, and thus stock for throwing, are relatively weak (unlike the Shurikens in a certain other NES title :erm: ), and the damage from what amounts to an auto-critical attack is easily outmatched by a Fighter simply attacking three times (maybe five-ish if you factor in the defense penetration) with a superior weapon.

Assuming "thowing" worked like it did in NES FFIII, on the other hand, and you could get multiple hits from dual "thrown" weapons, then the defense penetration and auto-crit would be crazy; I had envisioned a standard double-damage, defense penetrating throw command, however.