PDA

View Full Version : Command and Conquer Series

Christmas
06-20-2014, 01:38 PM
After they screwed up Command and Conquer 4 and cancelled the latest command and conquer game, do you think that this series will ever see the light once again? :(

I missed Kane and his shiny bald head. :(

Pike
06-20-2014, 01:41 PM
Red Alert 2 is my favorite in this series :bigsmile: And what a fantastic intro movie it had too!

Bolivar
06-20-2014, 02:14 PM
It's hard to say what the IP is really worth these days. EA should just license it to Petroglyph, maybe returning to their signature series will help them get their groove back? In any case, they need to give it to someone with a vision who really wants to make a bad ass Command & Conquer game. I remember when they canceled development saying "it's obvious we aren't making the game you want to play." So sad on so many levels.

In before Mirage posts Act on Instinct.

Skyblade
06-20-2014, 03:38 PM
I don't really get how EA frelled this up so much. They had already made C&C3, and while it may have made some minor lore changes, I loved that game. Just more of that, please. EA is usually good about just pushing out more of the same stuff. Apparently that changes if they actually make something good.

Bolivar
06-20-2014, 03:48 PM
They really did have a promising start with Generals and C&C3, after the Westwood developers left and they closed the studio.

Psychotic
06-20-2014, 05:57 PM
Red Alert 2 is my favorite in this series :bigsmile: And what a fantastic intro movie it had too!Agreed 100% absolutely superb game. As a dorky teenager I made a semi famous mod for it!

Mirage
06-20-2014, 08:33 PM
It's hard to say what the IP is really worth these days. EA should just license it to Petroglyph, maybe returning to their signature series will help them get their groove back? In any case, they need to give it to someone with a vision who really wants to make a bad ass Command & Conquer game. I remember when they canceled development saying "it's obvious we aren't making the game you want to play." So sad on so many levels.

In before Mirage posts Act on Instinct.

:|

wVNubbPiZAU

Perducci
06-20-2014, 10:22 PM
I still play Red Alert 2 every so often. Such a good game.

chionos
06-21-2014, 01:03 AM
I entered the series through the PS. Retaliation. Played that game till it was sore from my fingers rubbing, mashing, pushing, penetrating the enemy lines and blowing
all those big angry throbbing bad guys away with my great big rocket.

~*~Celes~*~
06-21-2014, 01:15 AM
I LOVE Red Alert :D

Aulayna
06-21-2014, 05:46 PM
Yearly C&C thread?

Time for the yearly Kane dance gif

http://media.desura.com/images/groups/1/1/897/7551b9c7348f54b1f0940098d6557707.gif

Neptunia
06-21-2014, 07:22 PM
I thought they were making a c&c generals 2 game, doth that not count? Also kinda wonder what they were smoking when they made that fraking terrible Tiberium Twilight game.

Mirage
06-21-2014, 11:37 PM
i think that's the game that they cancelled because they "clearly weren't making the game the fans want"

Skyblade
06-22-2014, 04:24 AM
i think that's the game that they cancelled because they "clearly weren't making the game the fans want"

If only they followed through on that with all the other franchises they've ruined.

Christmas
06-22-2014, 04:29 AM
That was a weird excuse to cancel the game. I mean, we don't see them cancelling Command and Conquer 4. :(

*Devore*
06-23-2014, 08:03 PM
I still play Red Alert 2 every so often. Such a good game.

Me too, it's a really good game. I didn't really like RA3 though, I felt like it was a step backwards in some areas.

Aulayna
06-23-2014, 08:27 PM
Tiberian Sun was the best!

uQ0QzXXbmsA

blackmage_nuke
06-24-2014, 04:00 PM
I also like Red Alert 1 and 2 but im quite bad at it

Ayen
07-07-2014, 01:16 AM
HheSOqMqYRU

I don't think the Tiberium series will be the same without the Kane character and the way his story wrapped up in 4 was immensely unsatisfying. The way Firestorm ended felt like Westwood was building up to something amazing and when EA started developing the games things slowly started to go downhill as with a lot of IPs they took over. I'm willing to give 3 a pass, even Kane's Wrath, but I can't help but feel things would have been so much better if Westwood was still calling the shots.

I have Command & Conquer The First Decade, 3, Kane's Wrath, and Red Alert 3, so I own all the CnC games minus 4 and I have no real desire to play 4. While I have fun with the gameplay I prefer the story to it and 4's story is meh on top of meh on top of meh and I couldn't care less for it. I'll probably look for it after I played and reviewed every other game in the franchise just so I can tear it to shreds. It will sooth me.

Bolivar
07-07-2014, 10:11 PM
http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/7/5876661/command-and-conquer-multiplayer-online-servers-gamespy

For anyone interested, a fan-based community is hosting online services for the series, running from C&C Generals up to Red Alert 3, as a result of the GameSpy shutdown some time ago. Apparently they chose not to host anything for C&C4 :p.

Sefie1999AD
07-07-2014, 11:03 PM
Funny, I just got back from playing the Hollywood mission of RA2: Yuri's Revenge when I saw this thread. :D The original C&C and RA games are something I play for the single-player campaigns. I didn't really enjoy Tiberian Sun due to its slow gameplay, but Titans are fun, and there's some great mods for that game, such as Dawn of Tiberium Age (a total conversion of the original C&C). RA2 was one of my favorite games in the series, as well as RA2: YR, although the balance is quite messed up in YR. It's a fun game to mod, though. :) It took me a while to warm up to C&C Generals and C&C Generals: Zero Hour, but I think ZH is just as good as RA2, if not better. C&C3: Tiberium Wars is probably my favorite of the series, and I enjoyed C&C3: Kane's Wrath as well. For fans of the original lore, there are some great mods out there, such as Tiberium Essence and Tiberian History. I tried hard to enjoy RA3, but the gameplay just felt too messed up and I disliked the slow economy. C&C4 was decent for its campaigns, but otherwise, the game didn't really spark my interest.

According to this (http://www.commandandconquer.com/forums/index.php/topic/32414-cancellation-of-cc-had-nothing-to-do-with-our-alpha-feedback/) thread in the C&C forums, the fans seemed to be having fun with the alpha version, but EA decided to fire the development team. :(

Ayen
07-07-2014, 11:33 PM
It took me a bit to warm up to Generals too, but when I did I played that game for hours.

Mo-Nercy
07-09-2014, 10:07 PM
I really enjoyed Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2.

Me and my friends in high school also used to love shooting each other up in Renegade too.

Mirage
07-09-2014, 10:59 PM
Out of the games, I played red alert 2 the most. I liked the aesthetics of RA1 and perhaps the original C&C the most, but the gameplay is so much better in RA2 that I always ended up playing that. C&C and RA1 had a lot more brutality and grittiness to the graphics, something RA2 and tibsun did away with. Coincidencially, the two first games were also rated 18+ in europe, while the sequels were 15+. Perhaps the rating was one of the reasons they eased up on things.

Btw

We're going to have to act, if we want to live in a different world.

Rostum
07-10-2014, 01:16 AM
Tiberian Sun was the best!

uQ0QzXXbmsA

This was my first C&C game. James Earl Jones ftw!