PDA

View Full Version : Blue Is The Warmest Colour

Alive-Cat
06-20-2014, 07:20 PM
Anyone read this graphic novel? Seen the film that came out not too long ago?

I love it, it's heartbreaking, and so real. Both of them. Though I have to admit, and this is a rarity, I prefer the film. The director is a visionary and for me, the film hit a level of realism the graphic novel could not. I love both though. Not just because of the hot incredibly realistic nude 20 minute long lesbian sex scene either; the way school life is depicted with coming to terms and understanding one's own sexuality really vibes with me from my experiences of realising I was bisexual in school. It is an incredibly arty, gritty, real French film but not in a pretentious way.

If you have not read, or seen, I really suggest you do!

krissy
06-21-2014, 12:04 AM
Really good film and I loved what they did with colors
Having said that I thought the sex scene was exploiting the actors and have heard from others that the actors did complain about the way the directors handled it

It was a comic first?

Alive-Cat
06-21-2014, 03:35 PM
Really good film and I loved what they did with colors
Having said that I thought the sex scene was exploiting the actors and have heard from others that the actors did complain about the way the directors handled it

It was a comic first?

Yeah, the story is slightly different. It's great, beautiful art, beautifully written, but I prefer the movie.

Shiny
06-22-2014, 07:37 AM
I've been wanting to see this film, but not sure if it's just a film about lesbians because I don't want to see a film just about people's sexual orientation. That's boring to me. It better have some depth.

Alive-Cat
06-22-2014, 04:12 PM
I've been wanting to see this film, but not sure if it's just a film about lesbians because I don't want to see a film just about people's sexual orientation. That's boring to me. It better have some depth.

I don't think they could have put more depth into this movie if they tried, it is the epitome of depth :greenie: