PDA

View Full Version : Which game do you feel has the best message?

Wolf Kanno
06-23-2014, 11:43 PM
Each game tends to tackle a theme or at least tries to in some cases but obviously it is these messages that ultimately endear these titles onto the fans. So which game had the message that reached out to you the most?

EDITGA: *Looks at title* I seriously need to start proofreading my thread titles :(

Alive-Cat
06-24-2014, 12:16 AM
VII -

don't destroy the planet, it's beautiful

don't trust the government, ever

there is good and evil on both sides

people can be forgiven

you must deal with loss and go on

being who you really are is very important and better than trying to be something you're not

you can always start again

Christmas
06-24-2014, 12:58 AM
It has to be FF VIII. :bigsmile:

Kids take their SeeD exams to get good grades and earn a good rank for good salary. :bigsmile:

It's a message of hard work gives good returns and give a hint to the kid that this is the shitty life that the society has prepared for them when they grow up. :bigsmile:

So work hard and do well for your exams kids, or else you'll get a low SeeD rank with low salary and you will starve and extinct. :bigsmile:

Colonel Angus
06-24-2014, 03:12 AM
Final Fantasy Tactics: Never trust Family nor Friends.

Pumpkin
06-24-2014, 03:13 AM
FFIX

Play the game, mostly it comes from struggling with who I am

VeloZer0
06-24-2014, 06:29 AM
FFT, history moves on regardless of what you try and do or accomplish.

Pete for President
06-24-2014, 06:38 AM
X. Indoctrination will not make mankind progress. Hanging on to old traditions or corrupt institutions likewise. Racism is redundant. And think outside the box.

metagloria
06-24-2014, 12:52 PM
Racism is redundant.
Racism is redundant? As in, there's already a system in place that marginalizes people of different races, so we don't have to hate them personally on top of that?

metagloria
06-24-2014, 12:53 PM
VII -

don't destroy the planet, it's beautiful

don't trust the government, ever

there is good and evil on both sides

people can be forgiven

you must deal with loss and go on

being who you really are is very important and better than trying to be something you're not

you can always start again
pretty much this.

Shauna
06-24-2014, 03:44 PM
Final Fantasy X-2. I sure showed that LeBlanc I have powerful hands to ease her aches.

The Man
06-24-2014, 05:07 PM
Yeah, while it's not my favourite in the series, I've got to hand it to FFVII as having the best message in the series. (I'd throw in "don't trust evil corporations" ever as one of its messages too). Actually part of the reason the game proved slightly disappointing to me is that it kind of meandered from a lot of its central themes towards the end; I'd have preferred it a lot if it had maintained its focus. I'm still waiting for a video game that maintains the focus and thematic elements of the Midgar sequence of the game for its entire play through (although from what I hear, Deus Ex might be that game; I really do intend to play it one of these days).

Pete for President
06-24-2014, 09:19 PM
Racism is redundant.
Racism is redundant? As in, there's already a system in place that marginalizes people of different races, so we don't have to hate them personally on top of that?

Not exactly what I meant, but you'll have to excuse me as English isn't my first language.