PDA

View Full Version : MY TEARS, MY TEARS, MY TEARS ARE FOR YOU

Alive-Cat
06-24-2014, 12:12 AM
What part makes you cry the most? Or at all? Or the most? Or almost?

For me it has to be Nanaki discovering his father is no coward, is now a statue forever and the tears falling out and that song playing and oh man, crying.

You? :greenie:

Christmas
06-24-2014, 01:07 AM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080118162709/finalfantasy/images/4/4b/RudeAwakening.png

I cried so hard when I realized Cloud might have just lost his virginity. :(

http://gameinformer.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/610x0/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/00.00.00.00.06/3323.johnnybuddahfist.jpg

She died before mating with Nanaki. Poor Nanaki. :(

Bubba
06-24-2014, 11:42 AM
For me it has to be Nanaki discovering his father is no coward, is now a statue forever and the tears falling out and that song playing and oh man, crying.

This gets me almost every time now. When I first played through though it was that part.

Shiva95
06-24-2014, 01:32 PM

This gets me almost every time now. When I first played through though it was that part.
Me too, I found this part really touching.
I also found Aeris' death very sad, even if she is not one of my favorite characters.

Pumpkin
06-24-2014, 01:58 PM
The Nanaki with his father scene and Dyne committing suicide

metagloria
06-24-2014, 02:38 PM
The Nanaki with his father scene and Dyne committing suicide

"These hands are a little too stained to carry Marlene anymore..."

"...Wow...Marlene's...already 4..."

"Barret...Don't make...don't ever make Marlene...cry..."

Jeez, I'm tearing up just typing that. Easily the most emotional moment of the game for me. Easily.

StarCross1988
06-24-2014, 05:14 PM
Easily in Cosmo Canyon when Nanaki learns the truth about his father.

Another wasn't in the main game, but at the end of Crisis Core when Cloud inherits the buster sword from Zack.

metagloria
06-24-2014, 05:42 PM
Easily in Cosmo Canyon when Nanaki learns the truth about his father.

Another wasn't in the main game, but at the end of Crisis Core when Cloud inherits the buster sword from Zack.

That was the best scene in the series. Literally made the entire compilation that much more awesome. They couldn't have done the ending of that game any better. The look on Cloud's face is...perfect.

Shauna
06-24-2014, 07:26 PM
I never shed a tear. My heart is made of steel and is impenetrable by human feelings.

Sephiroth
06-24-2014, 10:48 PM
I only cry when the universe is seen and the Prelude is played at the end.

Perducci
06-26-2014, 01:27 AM
I was practically inconsolable after finding out you can't keep Barret's sailor outfit for the rest of the game.

Sephex
06-26-2014, 09:43 PM
I never cried because of this game, but there was a time where Aeris' death was shocking and unexpected. I remember reading an interview in an old EGM where Nomura said he thinks why it was so effective because it's usually the "tough" characters who end up sacrificing themselves if one of them dies in games like FFVII. If FFVII was created with the old style mindset, Barret would have been the one to go out in a blaze of glory.