PDA

View Full Version : Do you bake cakes? I bake cakes. Let's talk about cakes!

Jessweeee♪
06-24-2014, 12:44 AM
This was my birthday cake yesterday:

this cake is nsfw (https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/p526x296/10349071_911410045542712_978010019549154918_n.jpg)
It's a banana cake mix blended with cinnamon applesauce instead of eggs, buttercream, and then strawberries on top! It was my first try for that kind of cake and I'm happy with how it turned out!

My most popular cake is probably what I recently started calling Optional Cake. It's basically a chocolate cake with lots of sweet milk and like all of the caramel in the world in it topped with whipped cream and a layer of toffee chunks. It's really sweet and rich so sometimes when I take it to pot lucks I hear someone bitching about how insensitive it was for me to bring this cake when not everyone can eat food like that. Like ok no one is shoving it down your throat, there's plenty of not-cake food here for you to eat. And that's why I call it Optional Cake.

Parker
06-24-2014, 11:44 AM
that is a great cake story

i like baking but i am still not great at it i need to keep baking until i get better and better because nothing beats a good cake

noxious.sunshine
06-24-2014, 12:25 PM
I made tiramisu last night! Turned out very yummy.. Though it's no bake.

The only cake I ever really make is pastel de tres leches- 3 milks cake.. But I cheat ad use a French vanilla cake mix instead of making it from scratch. Mostly I make it for my sister & her gf and her gf has CD, so gotta make a gluten free version for them.

In both versions, I make my own whipped cream topping from heavy cream and add some sugar and maybe pineapple juice or coconut milk.

Unless I do a double layer and make a glazed strawberry filling.

And I once made a chocolate version for my mom and added some almond. Cuz my parents prefer chocolate over vanilla.. She liked it.

It's very yummy. And I actually now prefer it over regular cakes.. They just taste too dry to me haha.

I want to experiment with making cheesecake soon, though.. Cuz nomnomnomnom

Pumpkin
06-24-2014, 01:59 PM
I make very tasty cakes that don't look very impressive at all

chionos
06-24-2014, 03:37 PM
I don't like cake. Not trying to derail the thread or bring unhappiness to your happy cake-filled lives. Just puttin' it out there.

Nice penis cake.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-24-2014, 06:19 PM
I just don't understand people who bitch about what others bring to a pot luck. That's why it is called a pot luck. I can understand asking the person what is in a dish to make sure that it doesn't have any ingredient you don't want, but outside of that you're just acting like a self-entitled ass. They made something they like with their own time and money, with the intention of bringing it and sharing it with others. If you don't want it, then don't eat it, but stop complaining about them doing something nice.

Anyway, shion makes really good cakes. I like her carrot cake better than any other carrot cake.

Jessweeee♪
06-25-2014, 12:45 AM
I don't like cake. Not trying to derail the thread or bring unhappiness to your happy cake-filled lives. Just puttin' it out there.

Nice penis cake.

Thank you! I didn't spray the pan first and so it came out weird but still mostly penis shaped.

Miss Mae
06-25-2014, 02:08 AM
I make a few different types of cake from my own recipes. I often make cupcakes instead of singular cakes though because it saves the effort of cutting and takes half the time to bake.

fire_of_avalon
06-28-2014, 07:28 PM
I love to make cakes and I love Optional Cake.

I have two cakes that people love: Red Velvet Cake and Hummingbird cake. A lady tried to adopt me once over Hummingbird cake. I was 28. It was a few months ago. My Coca cola cake is ok, but I can't make a German Chocolate cake worth a damn. And I am so bad at making my own frosting. :(

I want to bake a cake right now but it's summer so it will get all melty and gross. COME ON FALL AND CAKE TIME.