PDA

View Full Version : Should I consider a bread machine?

KentaRawr!
06-24-2014, 04:31 PM
Hi there!

So, I don't cook at all, but people here seem to! I've thought about making my own bread before, but for someone who's greatest cooking accomplishments are things like not burning toast and making instant rice, it's kind of a daunting task.

Should I consider getting a bread machine? For those who have one, are they "fool-proof"?

Shorty
06-24-2014, 06:06 PM
There is nothing better than homemade bread out of a bread machine. Nothing. End of.

Having said that, I have had access to a bread machine most all of my life but never once used one. :( I suppose if you are going to do it on a regular basis, it would be a good investment! They shouldn't be too expensive these days.

Miss Mae
06-25-2014, 02:09 AM
They work well enough. It's one of those things where you have to make sure you're going to use it enough to justify the expense and also the ridiculous amount of room they take up. I tend to just make my own bread using a loaf pan instead. :gator:

Pumpkin
06-25-2014, 03:00 AM
I've also never used one. I just make my own bread

Quindiana Jones
06-25-2014, 07:39 AM
They're awesome, and also great for making dough for pizza. They are reasonably foolproof, unless you are the King of Fools. Most come with books that explicitly tell you how much of what to put in. You dump it all it, then sod off while the machine does the rest. :)

noxious.sunshine
06-25-2014, 01:13 PM
Bread machines are the bomb. My sister and I had one when I was I n high school and we'd make loaves every week.

While the directions do tell you step by step how to do everything, I have had a couple of instances when I've fucked up the bread.. Like it didn't rise or something.

KentaRawr!
06-27-2014, 02:49 PM
Alright, you guys have convinced me. I'm going to save up and get a bread machine! :D

Miss Mae
06-27-2014, 03:18 PM
Yum!

Formalhaut
06-27-2014, 03:21 PM
Screw the carbs. I love bread and that is a good investment Kenta!

I would get one, but I'm a student. I've hardly the time to bake my own bread!

KentaRawr!
06-27-2014, 03:27 PM
I'm a student too. I figured I might make it like sort of a weekly or biweekly thing. Like, "Okay, time to study while my machine thingy makes me some bread. Then I'll reward myself with tasty bread that I can share with my friends." :D

I have a crockpot, too. I could make soup to go with it!

Miss Mae
06-27-2014, 03:28 PM
That's the good thing about bread machines - you mix all the stuff together, put in the numbers and it beeps when it's ready. Doesn't take a huge amount of time.

Jiro
06-27-2014, 03:36 PM
"bread machine" just sounds like the most ridiculous term

http://kitchenoverlord.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/p1060094.jpg

Formalhaut
06-27-2014, 03:46 PM
I'm a student too. I figured I might make it like sort of a weekly or biweekly thing. Like, "Okay, time to study while my machine thingy makes me some bread. Then I'll reward myself with tasty bread that I can share with my friends." :D

I have a crockpot, too. I could make soup to go with it!

Oh my God yes. Bread and soup. You'd be like my student best friend. I could just hang around your place and indulge in bread and soup during my off-time.