PDA

View Full Version : Rice Machine

Pike
06-25-2014, 01:59 PM
I have a rice machine. I sort of know how to make rice in it, except it usually all sticks to the bottom and sides.

How do I make delicious rice-based dishes?

Please explain to me like I am five and barely know how to use a microwave. I have never done any cooking before.

Pumpkin
06-25-2014, 02:02 PM
I.. don't know what a rice machine is o_O

I make lots of rice's but some of my favourites are:

-When cooked, add soy sauce, italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, black pepper, any other spice you enjoy, mix it all up, have spicy rice!

or

-Add a can of cream of mushroom soup to cooked rice, add a little tiny bit of water, cook it a bit more, add peas, mix up, have creamy rice!

noxious.sunshine
06-25-2014, 02:08 PM
I have an e-book Pikeness...

The Everything Rice Cooker Machine Recipes Book

or something.

There's a trout ton of recipes in it though. If you want, I can figure out a way to send it to you..

.oh. the Sticky part.. Spray some non stick cooking spray on the sides and bottom maybe.

Pumpkin
06-25-2014, 02:11 PM
Chicken rice is also good!

Also, my preferred way to cook rice is:
-Buy instant rice
-Get measuring cup
-Put 1 cup water in to measuring cup
-Put 1 cup of water in to pot
-Boil water slightly
-Measure 1 cup rice
-Add 1 cup of rice to boiling water
-Reduce heat to low, add lid
-Let sit for 2 minutes
-Add stuff to rice
-Eat

Spuuky
06-25-2014, 06:56 PM
If your rice sticks to the sides, there are a few possibilities:

1. You aren't rinsing/cleaning your rice before putting it in the rice cooker, and the kind of rice you are buying requires it

2. You aren't adding enough water

3. Your rice cooker is really crappy

Mirage
06-25-2014, 07:32 PM
Why do people buy rice machines?

noxious.sunshine
06-25-2014, 07:54 PM
IDK. But we have 3. lmao

Jess
06-25-2014, 08:49 PM
How is a rice cooker different from a saucepan on a hob? Does it work in a similar way? :confused:

Spuuky
06-25-2014, 09:44 PM
The question is why would anyone who eats rice regularly NOT buy a rice machine? It cooks the rice far better than a 'saucepan'/pot, and it requires no attention at all, you can just press the button and wait for it to beep rather than having to carefully time things.

You don't have to correctly judge the temperature (which can be different on every element of a stove) or the time vs water content/etc. You don't have to stop whatever other cooking you are doing when it finishes. And you don't have to worry about how different types of rice have different cooking times and things like that, you just press the buttons and wait.

I own almost no cooking appliances at all, but I do own and love a rice cooker.

Mirage
06-25-2014, 11:00 PM
Why do people buy rice machines?

I would venture a guess to make rice.
Maybe I'm just strange, but I don't have lots of trouble just doing it with... whatever i use for everything else. It's not exactly rocket surgery. Feels like a waste to spend money on something like that. Maybe my kitchen just is too multipurpose? I don't have anything that's specifically made for one certain type of food.

Araciel
06-29-2014, 02:58 PM
Use broth instead of water = happy.