PDA

View Full Version : I liked Super Mario RPG more than FFs IV and VI

Pike
06-25-2014, 02:01 PM
I think it was the best RPG on the SNES, not even kidding.

Are there any other SMRPG superfans here? (RIP :mukumuku: smiley)

Christmas
06-25-2014, 03:44 PM
I like it! :bigsmile:

But I've never completed it. :|

I know I will like it more if I complete the game one day! :bigsmile:

Depression Moon
06-25-2014, 08:23 PM
It was definitely one of my favorite games, but last time that I played it, I recalled it being very easy so it lost its place on my list. I prefer the atmosphere of that game to the Paper Mario series and I want a true sequel that could make it more difficult than the original, but I know that will never happen.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-25-2014, 10:39 PM
I never got around to this one but it looked like fun. I'd like to at least try it out.

Colonel Angus
06-25-2014, 11:58 PM
Mario RPG is great, but often gets forgotten in the mix of other Square titles. That's pretty surprising, since it stars Mario, who's more popular than Mickey Mouse.

I agree w/ Depression Moon, there should be a true sequel, since Nintendo & Square are back to being friends. :kiss: Hopefully it'd include Luigi. #teamgreen

Pumpkin
06-26-2014, 05:23 AM
I've never played it :choc2:

Is Daisy in it?

Sephex
06-26-2014, 05:36 AM
It's one of my favorite SNES games, but I still like FFIV and FFVI better.

Having said that, I really wish more of this type of game would come out. The Paper Mario stuff is nice, but I would really love it if there was another game of this kind. Doesn't even have to be Mario based!

Colonel Angus
06-26-2014, 11:12 PM
I've never played it :choc2:

Is Daisy in it?
It was released before Daisy was brought back to the Mario Universe. I think she came back in one of that later Mario Karts.

Slothy
06-27-2014, 12:54 AM
I agree w/ Depression Moon, there should be a true sequel, since Nintendo & Square are back to being friends. :kiss: Hopefully it'd include Luigi. #teamgreen

It was a travesty that Luigi was left out of SMRPG. And SM64. And Sunshine. And let back in for Luigi's Mansion. And... fuck it, you get the idea.

jenovajunkie
06-27-2014, 03:21 AM
This game was fun, I think I need to replay it.

I would say this is better at least to me than the FF IV and VI.

(the only reason why is because I never really got into 4 and 6)

Ayen
07-19-2014, 01:21 PM
I can't say if it's better than IV and VI, but I immensely enjoyed my playthrough of the game in June and would recommend it to anyone who likes Mario and RPGs. It's easy to see where Paper Mario took a lot of its inspiration from.

It was a travesty that Luigi was left out of SMRPG. And SM64. And Sunshine. And let back in for Luigi's Mansion. And... smurf it, you get the idea.

This. My only gripe with Super Mario RPG is that there was no Luigi. You see him in Paper Mario, but that's even worse as you can talk to him but can't take him with you. It's just stupid. They're the Mario Brothers! They do everything together. Well, most things together.

StarCross1988
07-19-2014, 04:07 PM
This was my first RPG so yeah, I'm a huge fan of the game. It's one of the very few games in my world where I've 100% completed it.

Del Murder
07-19-2014, 07:19 PM
I think it was the best RPG on the SNES, not even kidding.
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc234/NightbringerMinion/frogout.gif

jodymcdougle
07-19-2014, 07:43 PM
I loved it!