PDA

View Full Version : The Lion King is 20 years old now

Pike
06-25-2014, 02:08 PM
As of yesterday, I believe.

I saw this in the theater twice! My whole entire family loved it. In fact I went full on obsession with this movie for a while. I had all the songs memorized and everything. I also had Lion King tennis shoes and a Lion King shirt (I was in the fifth grade and I didn't even care if I was too old for this stuff)

Pumpkin
06-25-2014, 02:08 PM
I liked it when I was little but I haven't seen it in a looong time. At least 10 years

Ohh actually, I dressed up as Nala(?) one year for Halloween

Jinx
06-25-2014, 02:10 PM
I remember seeing it in theatres! I was (almost) three. My uncle took me to see it because my brother had just died and he was babysitting me for a bit. I remember that I loved it SO MUCH I chose to pee my pants rather than ask him to take me to the bathroom. I actually remember thinking about this for real. xD

StarCross1988
06-25-2014, 05:32 PM
OMG Lion King <3

I saw it in theaters like 5 times. I can pretty much quote the entire script to people if I wanted. I absolutely love this movie.

Parker
06-25-2014, 05:54 PM
I watched this just last week and had the "oh fuck we're so old" convo with my friend.

such a great movie. probably my fave disney, but im not really a disney fella

Sephex
06-26-2014, 07:58 AM
My sister had this movie on constant rotation when she was young. I also played the video game before I saw this movie! I ended up liking it a lot, but I have seen it so many times that I can basically mentally watch it when I want.

maybee
06-26-2014, 10:22 AM
Yeeeaahh my brother and I re-watched the movie so many times that we actually broke the tape and had to get a new one. :jess:

Shiny
06-27-2014, 02:27 AM
This is the first film I saw in theaters. I then got it on VHS and watched it over twenty times. Fond memories of this film.

DMKA
06-28-2014, 05:01 AM
Good lord, is it really that old? Time sure does fly. ;__;

It was my favorite movie growing up, and still ranks among my favorite films ever. We watched it over and over again so much as kids that we could recite the whole film's dialog at one point. :p

Night Fury
06-28-2014, 06:21 AM
Oh god I was Lion King obsessed as a wee'un too.

I think my Mum HATES it just because of how many times I'd watch it. I also remember having a proper tantrum in a shopping centre for her to buy the VHS for me when it came out. I also had all the Lion King magazines :jess: I would absolutely love to see the broadway version.

I really, really liked the sequel too.

DMKA
06-28-2014, 12:57 PM
I really, really liked the sequel too.

Yeah, The Lion King II is one of the only direct-to-video Disney sequels thar wasn't pure garbage.

Alive-Cat
06-28-2014, 01:32 PM
And it still makes me cry like a little baby every time I watch it! :(

Bubba
06-28-2014, 04:58 PM
I would absolutely love to see the broadway version.

I saw that at the Minskoff Theatre in New York. I thought it would be good but I didn't expect it to be that good. If you get a chance to see it then don't pass it up!

Formalhaut
06-28-2014, 05:02 PM
Many a primary school rainy day has been spent watching this film. It's a classic, but I've seen it so many times stop please stop turn it off! :crying:

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
06-28-2014, 07:41 PM
I think this was the first film I saw in theaters too. It is the first I remember anyways, I was four.

I still love these movies. And the Timon and Pumba show.

fire_of_avalon
06-28-2014, 07:54 PM
I was eight and we saw it in theaters. Within the first five minutes of the movie I spilled my cherry coke but refused to get up and go get another one because I was so enthralled.