PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Cards

Pike
06-25-2014, 03:44 PM
Did you collect these, and if so, did you actually play games with them? Or just collect them?

I still have a whole bunch in special plastic sleeves in a binder.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-25-2014, 04:50 PM
I have a binder full of them still, and I probably have boxes of energy cards and other unimportant ones. I had more Yugioh cards though since I actually played that game.

I played the Gameboy version of Pokemon TCG, and it was great fun. I only played with the actual cards one time with a friend the day I got my Charizard card. I just really like collecting them.

Shorty
06-25-2014, 05:03 PM
I just collected. The ones I have are 15ish years old. I don't have many left, but the ones I do have I keep in my special keepsake box. The holographic Blastoise card was my most prized possession as a ten-year-old.

escobert
06-25-2014, 05:09 PM
I have a ton of them still. I played when I was able to find someone to play with. I'll still throwdown if there was someone to play! My psychic deck will destroy EVERYTHING!

noxious.sunshine
06-25-2014, 05:11 PM
Apparently the original Pikachu is worth some dough now.

*��. I used to collect them.. Never played. My very first boyfriend nabbed me a togepi, rare snorlax, and like a rare clefairy for my bday.

sigh... I don't have any of them anymore now.

StarCross1988
06-25-2014, 05:11 PM
I have a ton of Pokémon, Digimon, and Yugioh cards still. I never actually played the game, I'm a collectoholic at heart. :3

Perducci
06-25-2014, 07:46 PM
I had an insane amount as a child. No idea where they are - some other kid probably stole them.

We sell them in work and though sometimes I can be tempted, I'm not really that interested anymore.

The Pokémon trading card game on Gameboy was awesome, though.

Masamunemaster
06-25-2014, 07:51 PM
I found about 300 cards my mom had in a box for me...I need to go through them. From first glance I know there was 2 different mewtwos, a japanese eevee, two entei promos, an articuno promo, and zapdos promo.

escobert
06-25-2014, 08:38 PM
Do people actually buy them anymore?

Old Manus
06-25-2014, 08:48 PM
I remember nagging my parents to let me in on the fuss and they finally bought me a packet, which contained a shiny Zapdos. I was the coolest kid in school for a week before I traded it for a Ryhorn, Kadabra and Dugtrio in the worst decision of my life to that point.

Miss Mae
06-26-2014, 02:35 AM
I may or may not still collect these. I played the game a handful of times, but I got sick of taking my nicely sorted cards out of their plastic sleeves to create decks, so I stopped. I absolutely love Pokemon cards though. Anyone with a pile of them they do not want anymore should immediately post them to me in order to declutter their lives.

Aulayna
06-26-2014, 02:44 AM
I just collected them. No idea how the game actually worked, though I imagine it wasn't too different from MTG. But yeah, I was a collector through and through.

Best memories:

- going to a local corner shop with my Nan and my Nan bought me a few packs. The lady behind the counter asked me where I wanted them from, and I just said "from the top of the pile is fine." Apparently this was pretty unusual as other kids believed the best packs were in the middle, so she was constantly made to dig packs out of the box. So anyway, I got the ones from the top of the pile. Opened them, Charizard and Zapdos :3

- finding a Dark Raichu in my first ever Team Rocket booster pack.

---

I think my Mum threw out my collection when I moved to Ireland though, along with most of my stuff I didn't take back within the first few trips :(

Pumpkin
06-26-2014, 02:44 AM
I collected them. I had this pretty red Pokemon card holding binder and I loved it and now I miss it and want to collect Pokemon cards again :(

escobert
06-26-2014, 03:21 AM
I just collected them. No idea how the game actually worked, though I imagine it wasn't too different from MTG. But yeah, I was a collector through and through.

I actually think it's much more fun than MTG. less rules, much more straight forward. It was very fun to play against someone who actually tried.

DarkBahamut
06-26-2014, 06:57 AM
Me and my brother play games against each other haha

Quindiana Jones
06-26-2014, 07:21 AM
I collected them. I had the best collection in my school. I used to steal money from my mum to buy them. Then I gave them away to Adam Salter one day.

I still can't remember why. If I had that collection today, I could sell it for so much. xD

Ayen
07-18-2014, 10:30 AM
I collected them. I have all 151 of the original Pokemon cards, some Dark Pokemon cards, Japanese cards (I think), several Pokemon Johto cards, and so many energy cards! I never did learn how to play.

Mo-Nercy
07-18-2014, 02:36 PM
I just played. I sold or gave away anything I got that wouldn't fit in with my awesome Fire deck!
TWO Foil Charizards!

Actually, if I'm honest, it was a very Energy hungry deck and well.. it sucked.

MJN SEIFER
07-18-2014, 05:20 PM
Pokemon Cards were sadly one of the biggest let downs of my childhood. I bought them for two reasons, 1) I loved Pokemon at the time, and 2) I loved Final Fantasy VIII at the time, and having a card game to play at school brought me closer to FFVIII's world in my childish mind. However, no one at my school even botherd to play the game at all. They just swapped them like collectable cards - which was not what they were for! :mad2:

Sorry, it irritated me as a child.

Shiny
07-19-2014, 05:50 AM
They are in mint conditioner all 100+ cards. My favorite one is the holographic Japanese Charzard. I traded a few times and those cards are not in great condition because of the previous owners.

Pheesh
07-19-2014, 07:37 AM
I collected them at the time, and about 10 years later I started playing the game online on a whim. My collection was pretty damn amazing as well, I have no idea where the shoebox they were kept in ended up though. I was always sure that I'd be able to get crazy amounts of money for my holographic Charizard.

Tavrobel
07-19-2014, 06:11 PM
I tried to play them, but no one would play in my neighborhood. By the time I thought to bring them to school, they got banned the next day. Something about people freaking out that their fake Pidgeotto and fake Pidgeot got stolen from their backpack. Even though it was a clear fake.

In a "cool story bro" moment, I managed to get a Charizard from a booster pack one day, after telling my sister that "this booster isn't going to have a Charizard in it." It's worth maybe $3 today.

black orb
07-19-2014, 08:42 PM
>>> Pokemon cards are the ugliest cards ever yugioh is better..:luca:

Yellow_Magic
07-19-2014, 11:00 PM
Collected Pokemon cards for a while in elementary school before my teachers announced that Pokemon was forbidden by our religion because lol evolution.

Later a friend of mine and I ripped up every single one of them.

Jessweeee♪
07-20-2014, 01:24 AM
I still have a binder full of my old pokemon cards. I even have my Ancient Mew card from the movie! I never played though. I didn't have any friends :spin: