PDA

View Full Version : Persona 5 Wishlist

Wolf Kanno
06-25-2014, 07:33 PM
Since this game is still listed as coming out Winter of 2014 in Japan and debuting in 2015 in the U.S. yet, has no new information going for it since the announcement it was coming, what are some things you are hoping to see in the game, things you don't want to see again, or topics you wish to see it address.

NeoCracker
06-25-2014, 10:58 PM
I want to see a return of the three physical attack types, as well as the superior Knock down/extra turn system from P4. That will give us the best of both worlds. :p

As far as dungeon design, I'd like to have the more personalized look of P4's dungeons. They could do the randomized dungeons like they did in P3, just so long as they have that unique flavor between areas. It helps a lot with the atmosphere, since it doesn't look like each area is just a lazy reskin of the last.

Give us more options in regards to the Social links, opposed paths you can go as it were, sort of like Dragon Age 2 where you could have both a friendship and rivalry path with the characters.

And more later I'll think of I'm sure.

Mirage
06-25-2014, 11:02 PM
I want to be in college instead of high school. I want to play 20 year olds instead of 16 year olds. I want more complex slinks. Multiple paths or branches, etc. Multiple end results within the same slink, some results that are dramatically different.

Jessweeee♪
06-26-2014, 12:56 AM
I want demon negotiation to make a comeback! That was cool.

Wolf Kanno
06-26-2014, 06:07 AM
Been playing a ton of P2 so I would love for some of its features to come back into the game such as letting all the characters use multiple persona again but to keep the whole Wild Card spiel, limit your party members to using only persona of their own arcana. I seriously just want better customization options for the rest of the cast.

Fusion Raids need to return but as party wide ones, maybe make them a special you can execute to sacrifice all your character turns for the fusion spells.

I've heard P4Golden did this for me but I still feel the need to say this, bring back the Prime Personas where every character can acquire an enhanced version of their starting Persona with new skills and customization upgrades.

Bring back the 3 melee types to give better party variety, also bring back P3's version of the Knockdown system or hell let's just drop the Once More system and bring in the actual Press Turn system so I can build strategies on defense again.

Bring back some of P1's dungeon design, maybe not the first person view dungeons, but at least give me something to do in dungeons besides wandering halls and fighting, give me some puzzles or use trap floors or damage floors. Hell just look at Strange Journey or Nocturne and make them more like that.

On the social link side, I agree with NeoCracker that I would like some options on where to take the relationship besides the dating ones. Rivarly or even letting the Reverse status net you some special personas. Like letting the Death Arcana go into reverse allows you to fuse either be design or accident fusion, Thanatos from P3.

I also would love to see more multiple characters associated with Arcana to choose from like maybe choose to get closer to a party member or choose to instead hook up with a classmate of the same arcana.

Let's let the player choose the main character gender. Despite my criticisms with P3P I felt they did a fantastic job with the gender choice and making each one feel distinct from each other. Really showed the strong characterization despite the MC and FemMC both being silent protagonists.

While we're at it, lets have a gay option Atlus, you fucking pioneered this with P2 and lord knows the character designer is shipping Yu and Yusuke together. It's time to let me date somebody of the same sex!

I would also love for the reverse social links to be more complex from a story standpoint. I mean instead of your significant other getting peeved cause you ignore them, have them cheat on you and then have fixing the social link about resolving the issue it has caused, maybe even prevent the social link from being romantic and simply downgraded to friends. I think this would be quite poignant if done well enough.

I might think of more later.