PDA

View Full Version : Water

Pike
06-25-2014, 08:10 PM
Pretty much everyone should be drinking more water. Do you drink a lot of water or is that something you need to work on?

Jess
06-25-2014, 08:52 PM
I drink loads of water. I usually have one cup of tea in the morning, and usually one glass of Diet Coke or Pepsi Max in the evening and the rest of what I drink each day is just water.

It has to be chilled, though. Preferably spring, but I'm not too fussy if it's not convenient or available. And none of this sparkling or flavoured crap.

Shorty
06-25-2014, 08:57 PM
I do not drink enough water. Not at all.

Parker
06-25-2014, 09:08 PM
I drink a lot of water but this has changed slightly recently where I've been drinking too much cola

Formalhaut
06-25-2014, 09:47 PM
I should drink more, frankly. I do drink squash, which is mostly water, but no, I don't really drink it plain (unless I'm thirsty and there's a convenient water fountain nearby).

noxious.sunshine
06-25-2014, 09:56 PM
I drink lots of water. Always.

Psychotic
06-25-2014, 10:43 PM
I drink vast quantities of water, yeah. I like it, it's probably my favourite drink. That always gets a weird reaction from people but hey, I can't control what I like! Besides, if you think about it it's actually a pretty awesome drink to have as your favourite given how widely available it is.

Colonel Angus
06-26-2014, 12:30 AM
Water is for bathing!

Mirage
06-26-2014, 12:41 AM
I consume more than enough dihydrogenoxide from various sources.

Pumpkin
06-26-2014, 12:59 AM
I drink several bottles of water a day if only because it is flavoured and I looooooove flavoured water

Sephex
06-26-2014, 07:53 AM
I am actually very good about drinking lots of water. It's one of the few things I do that's healthy, really.

Araciel
06-26-2014, 06:46 PM
At work I generally drink about three litres per day.

On my days off I feel dehydrated no matter how much I try to gulp down because I'm not stuck to a desk with nothing better to do.

Miss Mae
06-28-2014, 04:31 AM
I drink a lot of water. I go through my water bottle really quickly at work and have to keep filling it up in my tea breaks. I'll put a water bottle next to me while I'm on my computer, and next thing I know it'll be empty.

fire_of_avalon
06-28-2014, 07:03 PM
Water is actually my favorite beverage right after sweet tea - but I drink more water than sweet tea because sweet tea is so bad for me. Like a leather-jacket wearing, smouldering badboy teenage hearthrob which is even worse now that I am an old lady.

Water is great though! I am actually really picky about it and only drink from certain places I know to be "good."

Pike
06-28-2014, 07:07 PM
I am also really picky about my water; I typically get it in big jugs from the grocery store because I'm super snooty and think it tastes better than tap water.

Iceglow
07-22-2014, 09:34 PM
I'll regularly get through 3 - 4 litres of water a day. If I'm working out hard on a hot day then this could be closer to 5. Yes, this does make me pee like a horse.

metagloria
07-23-2014, 04:19 PM
I am also really picky about my water; I typically get it in big jugs from the grocery store because I'm super snooty and think it tastes better than tap water.

It is tap water.

I have a refillable glass bottle at work and I try to drink it (~500ml) daily, but I don't always. The thing is, all I have to do is force myself to go fill it, because if it's sitting there, I will sip on it, whether I want to or not. That said, in a vacuum, I loathe drinking water because it tastes either a) like nothing or b) awful. I'll take fruit juice or certain sodas over water 11 times out of 10 if given the choice.

blackmage_nuke
07-23-2014, 06:41 PM

It is tap water.

It depends on where you live. I've heard tap water is more metallic and "hard" in some cities and whatnot.

I drink water when Im out and about since it's easy to fill a water bottle on my way out but at home I like flavoured bevrerages

Shorty
07-23-2014, 06:44 PM
I'll drink tap water wherever. Faucets, hoses, hotel rooms. If it's clear (and cold), I'll drink it. It has boggled my mind that people pay for bottled water. :shobon:

I have the health constitution of Dwight Schrute, so I don't care.

metagloria
07-23-2014, 09:13 PM

It is tap water.

It depends on where you live. I've heard tap water is more metallic and "hard" in some cities and whatnot.

Probably, but all that means is that you're drinking tap water imported from somewhere else.

Shiny
07-24-2014, 02:01 AM
At work I drink a lot more water because it's free there at it should be every where. At home I mainly just drink fruit juices and tea. Tap water tastes disgusting to me. Good water is tasteless.

Christmas
07-24-2014, 02:14 AM
I am known as the walking water tank. :bigsmile:

Shiny
07-25-2014, 01:26 AM
I am known as the walking water tank. :bigsmile:
Can I dive in you?

Ayen
07-25-2014, 08:14 AM
I need to get into the habit of drinking eight cups a day.

Loony BoB
07-25-2014, 12:00 PM
I drink about a pint to a litre of water each day at work. At home, we've given up on juices and have opted for flavoured water which is basically 0.1% sugars etc. from Sainsbury's, and I go through about a half a litre to a full litre of that per day, too, so yeah. Lots of water for me. :)

Bottled water was vital in Thailand. Everyone drinks it. It's also as low as 8-12 bhat per 500ml bottle which is insane. That's like... 14-20p per bottle. Over here it costs notably more than that. Some places will charge you over £1 per bottle and that's just nuts.

escobert
07-25-2014, 03:37 PM
If you drink tap water in the USA you should think about getting a filter like a Burkey http://www.berkeyfilters.com/ that cut out the fluoride in the water which is goof topically for your teeth is very bad for the rest of your body.

" Fluoride has been deliberately added to many municipal water supplies since the 1950's. This common practice is now becoming more controversial to say the least. New reports and studies about the harmful effects of adding fluoride to drinking water are emerging. The health and hygiene benefits of applying fluoride directly to the surface of teeth are a well known and seldom disputed. The dispute begins with fluoride that has been added to drinking water only comes in contact with the teeth for a very short amount of time and in a very diluted form. After this contact the fluoride is than swallowed and the human body is subject to the well known ill effects of the fluoride compound for hours after ingestion. Critics claim that in this age of high fluoride tooth pastes that are correctly applied directly to the surface of the tooth, the benefits of fluoride in the water supply are negligible and quite possibly unnecessary. Berkey fluoride water filter allows you to make this decision about your health for yourself by reducing the amount of fluoride in your water by 95%. - See more at: http://www.berkeyfilters.com/berkey-water-filters/fluoride.html#sthash.vS99Qd3f.dpuf"

jodymcdougle
07-25-2014, 04:50 PM
drink tons of water!!

Kalevala
07-25-2014, 08:43 PM
I work in a kitchen, so drinking as much water as I can is pretty much imperative. It gets quite hot in there during the summer.

Bubba
07-26-2014, 02:03 PM
At work I generally drink about three litres per day.

On my days off I feel dehydrated no matter how much I try to gulp down because I'm not stuck to a desk with nothing better to do.

Pretty much this.

Ergroilnin
07-26-2014, 02:22 PM
I am moving water heater.

Aulayna
07-26-2014, 03:44 PM
Pretty much all I drink is water. Except when I'm at work when I have a tea in the morning and a green tea around 3pm.

Occasionally (like once every 5 months) I might have Cider or something at the weekends.

MissH
07-28-2014, 06:23 PM
I drink loads of water. I also drink a lot at night-time. I've always gone to bed with a glass of water because I always wake up in the night feeling thirsty! I'm not a fan of sparkling water, just plain old tap water. Plus, at the risk of bringing the tone of the conversation down a little- I get a bit of a thrill when I see my wee is almost see-through!! :p

arenzi
07-28-2014, 06:27 PM
Water is the only thing I'll drink other than tea but I only drink during meals. I don't usually just drink water for no reason unless I'm exercising and I get thirsty.