PDA

View Full Version : I never asked for this blob in the middle of my screen protector

Pike
06-25-2014, 08:18 PM
Have you ever spent forever painstakingly putting a screen protector on a phone or handheld console only to find a big ol' hair or something under it?

This has happened to me with my phone and it is BOTHERING ME

What do you do in these situations?

Jess
06-25-2014, 08:22 PM
Rip the screen protector off in anger! :argh:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-25-2014, 08:24 PM
This generally doesn't happen to me :smug:

It can be frustrating to try and iron out a bubble or pull a hair out from underneath. My big thing about that is just trying to make sure I don't get fingerprints on it in the process. I usually wash my hands before dealing with that.

Rantz
06-25-2014, 08:38 PM
I don't use screen protectors. I like to live life on the wild side, you see.

Parker
06-25-2014, 10:11 PM
i trap little fartlets when i apply screen protectors at the phone place i work at

they see the bubble and politely say thanks for the free screen protector and i know they'll adjust it when they go home and get a faceful of butt gas hahaha ha

Miss Mae
06-26-2014, 02:19 AM
This reminds me that I probably need a new screen protector for my phone. It was fine and smooth when I first put it on, but now it's covered in little air bubbles (probably from how many times I've dropped the damn thing).

Araciel
06-26-2014, 02:21 AM
Oh my no. Bareback for life.

Shiny
06-26-2014, 02:35 AM
Last night I tried putting a screen protector on but gave up pretty quickly. I don't know how the French guy did it so perfectly without bubbles. He also demonstrated the protector he had by stabbing the phone with sharp scissors. It didn't leave a scratch. I need to to back to France and get that screen protector...

Christmas
06-26-2014, 02:38 AM
I don't use screen protectors. I like to live life on the wild side, you see.

Yay, I know you are not a big fan of protection. :chocobo:

Pumpkin
06-26-2014, 02:47 AM
Yes this happens to me. But the only reason I put them on is to make sharky happy so I really couldn't care less

Shorty
06-26-2014, 02:48 AM
I didn't know screen protectors were a thing.

Sephex
06-26-2014, 06:06 AM
As long as there isn't a crazy big one or a bunch of little ones, I don't mind. I'll use one on my phone, but that's about it. I don't even have a case for my iPod, which is apparently a rarity from what I been told.

Jiro
06-26-2014, 07:54 AM
there is one on my phone currently and I just ARGH it makes me want to toss my phone against a wall

Alive-Cat
06-26-2014, 05:38 PM
I can't stand having anything stuck on my screens, I have to have the glass exposed! And when it gets scratched, that is life, but at least I don't have a sticker on the screen :greenie:

Rantz
06-26-2014, 05:50 PM
I don't think I've ever gotten scratches on my phone screen. I've cracked one by dropping it, but I don't feel like dropping a phone would scratch the screen unless you dropped it in a very specific way (I drop my phone a lot). Do you guys who use screen protectors keep your phones in the same pocket as your keys or something?

Pike
06-26-2014, 05:51 PM
Do you guys who use screen protectors keep your phones in the same pocket as your keys or something?

No I'm just paranoid.

Mirage
06-26-2014, 07:15 PM
This is why I stopped using screen protectors.

Alive-Cat
06-26-2014, 10:37 PM
Do you guys who use screen protectors keep your phones in the same pocket as your keys or something?

No, I even keep my keys in the same pocket as my phone and NO PROTECTOR :nonono:

fire_of_avalon
06-27-2014, 03:32 AM
I stopped using them completely after I bought a set of really cheap protectors and couldn't get a single one to fit without air bubbles and the bubbles are not acceptable.

And honestly my phone screen stays cleaner and nicer now than it ever did with a screen protector.

Fonzie
06-27-2014, 03:50 AM
I think I've gotten one noticeable scratch before and that was on my old phone because I drunkenly put my car keys in my phone pocket at the same time.

Otherwise, I generally have no use for them because I'm pretty paranoid about damaging my stuff in anyway. :)

Alive-Cat
06-27-2014, 06:08 AM
So many people on this site take such good care of their possessions! I am wreckless and uncaring with everything I own unless it is a living creature of some description :greenie:

Parker
06-27-2014, 08:58 AM
I dropped my iPhone 3g on concrete and smashed the hell out of the screen

BUT! it was the day after i got my order in for my upgrade to a 4 so I mean it was basically the best time to smash a phone. i need to purchase another cover though because it's pretty amazing how much i drop my current phone

Christmas
06-27-2014, 09:03 AM
I dropped my iPhone 3g on concrete and smashed the hell out of the screen

BUT! it was the day after i got my order in for my upgrade to a 4 so I mean it was basically the best time to smash a phone. i need to purchase another cover though because it's pretty amazing how much i drop my current phone

Truly, it's something like smashing your ex-wife to death when you are getting married to a new one. :plumcheer:

Parker
06-27-2014, 09:07 AM
dropping an ex on concrete from 5 feet is my favourite part of meeting a new girl

Shlup
06-27-2014, 11:47 AM
I gave up on screen protectors. The bubbles drive me crazy. And my phone doesn't have a single scratch on it! It was one of my wiser decisions.

Shorty
06-27-2014, 04:26 PM
On the first day I got my Galaxy S3, my sister dropped it while we were going hiking and it got scratched on a rock! :nonono:

Other than that, it's held up amazingly well and is an incredibly durable phone. I drop it all the time and the screen still looks great.

escobert
06-28-2014, 12:16 AM
I don't own anything that I could put a screen protector on :p