PDA

View Full Version : I HAD a dream! (Crystalis 2 hacks Megaman)

Mercen-X
06-25-2014, 11:14 PM
Just as it says on the tin: I dreamt I was playing Crystalis as a platformer. This was probably due to the fact that the games are rather similar in design (right down to the charged shots). The main character and his knee-bend super sword beam were the only aspects of Crystalis. The levels were all Megaman-inspired as far as I could tell.

I was happy, at first, just to have another game that felt vaguely like Crystalis, but the more I played, the more I began to think "I don't want to play some fan-made splice-hack. That's the reason I'm not fond of MUGEN. As much as I like the idea of pitting an endless supply of characters of any origin against one another via said engine, the end-product just feels so cheap, IMO. Don't get me wrong, I can't program anything, but splice-hacks only have so much to work with, you recognize everything by its source rather than seeing something that can truly fool you into thinking it's original.

I desperately want a sequel/remake/requel to Crystalis, but I would prefer it have some modern quality to it (maybe the graphics or gameplay) and not just be a different game with the same characters.