PDA

View Full Version : It was the best of chores, it was the worst of chores

Pumpkin
06-26-2014, 02:56 AM
Let's say you have to do a huge cleanup. Which chores would you be most willing to do and which the least?

I am okay with doing laundry but I hate folding clothes and I hate dishes. I like cleaning bathrooms well enough

Araciel
06-26-2014, 02:57 AM
Chores? When you're a grown up that's just life.

Colonel Angus
06-26-2014, 02:57 AM
Vacuuming is ok. There are worse things to do than throw out the garbage.

Christmas
06-26-2014, 03:15 AM
Food tasting and beta testing the conformity of the bed are my favourite. :bigsmile:

Quindiana Jones
06-26-2014, 06:47 AM
I hate the last stages of laundry once it's all dry and you have to organise it. I enjoy dishes and cleaning the kitchen and bathroom, because it has the most noticeable effect and I love a nice clean bathroom and kitchen. :D

Miss Mae
06-26-2014, 07:10 AM
I'm pretty good at laundry. Hanging it up when it's all damp is painful though because I'm little and get stuck in the sheets and stuff. I hate doing dishes, but I don't mind putting them away. Anything that involves just generally organising things I'm usually really good at.

Quindiana Jones
06-26-2014, 07:13 AM
...because I'm little and get stuck in the sheets and stuff.

Oh my god, you are literally a lolcat. xD

Miss Mae
06-26-2014, 07:17 AM
...because I'm little and get stuck in the sheets and stuff.

Oh my god, you are literally a lolcat. xD
Shhh.

Psychotic
06-26-2014, 07:36 AM
Fuck you, ironing.

Up for anything else though.

Sephex
06-26-2014, 07:50 AM
Hate: Any meticulous cleaning that involves a lot of scrubbing and whatnot.

Like: When people do stuff for me.

Jiro
06-26-2014, 07:52 AM
Yeah, fuck ironing. It doesn't work and I just end up in the burns ward. Not worth it. Gravity can remove my creases for me, thanks.

Everything else is like "eh but fuck it okay"

Miss Mae
06-26-2014, 09:52 AM
smurf you, ironing.
This.

Also I just remembered that I hate cleaning the shower, mostly because I'm so goddamn blind that it's really hard for me to see without my glasses and putting contacts in just to clean a bloody shower seems so not worth it. And it's on my to do list again. And I don't wanna.

Parker
06-26-2014, 09:54 AM
why can't you wear glasses in the shower

Quindiana Jones
06-26-2014, 10:00 AM
Mouldy grout.

Old Manus
06-26-2014, 10:29 AM
I have an unemployed partner to do these things for me. It's just like the 1950s except I don't beat her if she burns the gravy. I'll no doubt be doing more legwork when she does start paying taxes though.

noxious.sunshine
06-26-2014, 04:26 PM
I pick up and put away and wipe everything down with Clorox wipes. And put away laundry and gather up the dirty. We drop our laundry off at a laundromat & they do the washing & folding for us. xD It's just a major bitch getting it there cuz it's usually around 20 or 30 lbs and gotta try and stuff it in our cart and lug it down there.

chionos
06-26-2014, 04:42 PM
If I ever go to an EoFF meetup I want everyone to make sure they bring everything they need ironed, because apparently I'm the only person around who actually enjoys a bit of ironing. Go figure.

I don't mind doing dishes as much as some people, especially if the sink is situated high enough that my height does not cause back hurtages from standing bent over for too long.

I don't mind folding some laundry, but I hate shirts.

chionos
06-26-2014, 05:10 PM
-Cleaning the bedroom. I like to keep things clean and tidy everywhere else, but my bedrooms are ALWAYS a disaster.

It's kind of nice to have some place in the house where you can be a little messy.

Alive-Cat
06-26-2014, 05:11 PM
The only chore I really like doing is the dishes! I don't mind hoovering, kind of, but it requires a bit more effort. Any chore I can listen to music and zone out is fine by me :greenie:

chionos
06-26-2014, 05:18 PM
-Cleaning the bedroom. I like to keep things clean and tidy everywhere else, but my bedrooms are ALWAYS a disaster.

It's kind of nice to have some place in the house where you can be a little messy.

Agreed! I've always been terribly messy in my bedroom. Every few months I'll clean it like mad, and it'll stay that way for a few weeks.*

*this has not been applicable since moving in and sharing a bedroom with my SO

SOs tend to change the messy/clean dynamic in interesting (read: annoying) ways.

Pumpkin
06-26-2014, 05:20 PM
Yeah, I actually have to fold laundry now :colbert:

We have compromised in that he accepts my designated messy piles

Alive-Cat
06-26-2014, 05:22 PM
I cannot fold things, no matter how much I've tried to learn! And I can't iron. I make more creases and weird lines and it looks worse and worse the more I try.

I can't make a bed either, like put the sheet on the duvet. I often get lost inside of it :(

sharkythesharkdogg
06-26-2014, 06:58 PM
I clean quite a bit. I like things in drawers folded and organized, things on shelves alphabetized and organized by genre, surfaces wiped down and free of grime/dust, and the refrigerator free of any old food.

I used to set aside some time every evening to clean, and a few hours over the weekend for house cleaning every week. This is probably overwhelming for a lot of people, but I like things neat damn it!!! :Oo:

#MarthaStewart

Shiny
06-27-2014, 02:11 AM
Refuse to do: clean the toilet mostly because I don't poop much and I don't want to clean up after someone else's poop.

I also don't particulary like organizing my clothes but I'll do it. I'm game for pretty much anything except the toilet.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
06-27-2014, 02:53 AM
I'm doing the dishes right now.

I like doing the dishes.

Freya
06-27-2014, 03:13 AM
I hate doing the dishes. Plef do my dishes

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
06-27-2014, 03:20 AM
I love doing the dishes.

And the laundry. And folding the laundry.

I even enjoy vacuuming and wiping stuff down.

But I do get in my moods when I just don't wanna. Like the last two weeks have been super stressful for me, but today most of my worries from the last couple weeks just went away. Much stressed relieved, and now I can enjoy my chores again.

Parker
06-27-2014, 09:00 AM
Jinx reminded me that shower cleaning is bloody awful

In my student house the shower was blocking a bit and so I looked in the pipe and there was like enough hair to make 2 Sephex ponytails in the pipe and I have no idea how long it had been since it was last cleaned but omg I felt gross

Cloudane
06-27-2014, 10:57 AM
I don't mind general decluttering, as that always seems to have the most noticeable return on my investment of time. 5 minutes of picking things up can transform my room.

Cleaning gets more annoying the more pony merch I have to move :p

I HATE ironing. Every time I buy some new clothes and they say "do not iron", or they're the type that come out of the wash looking great, I have an orgasm - those are the best type of clothes.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-27-2014, 03:45 PM
Cleaning is a way for me to de-stress and feel good. When I get done, I just sit back and go, "Ahhhhhh."

That being said, I'm not a huge fan of cleaning the litter box. Shion is really good about it.

Formalhaut
06-27-2014, 03:49 PM
I rather enjoying ironing. I like getting the creases out and making them look good as new. I also love vaccuming, and mowing the lawn.

I can't stand washing up. I would do any chore other than washing up.

Pumpkin
06-27-2014, 04:34 PM
I wish the cat would change the litter box

sharkythesharkdogg
06-27-2014, 05:05 PM
He'll dig around in it for 10 minutes straight.

That's the most dig happy cat I've ever seen.

Fonzie
06-27-2014, 06:24 PM
I enjoy cleaning so it's never been a really big deal for me. I'd rather spend about 10-20 minutes each day cleaning versus the alternative of it all building up and making my house look ugly. :)