PDA

View Full Version : What do you put on your tacos

Pumpkin
06-26-2014, 05:16 AM
I put ground beef (with taco seasoning) and then lettuce and then tomato and then cheese and the salsa and then sour cream, in that order.

Hard shell always

Spuuky
06-26-2014, 05:49 AM
Sour cream is revolting. Otherwise, meh, whatever the taco truck guys feel like throwing on it today.

noxious.sunshine
06-26-2014, 01:25 PM
ugh. I hate hard shell tacos. At least, the commercial packaged kind, anyway.

Charred corn tortillas all the way. Like, I cook them in a dry skillet until they're almost crispy and black in some spots.

Al pastor (a type of marinated pork that's totally delicious and I could eat my weight in it) is my fav meat. Throw on some mega spicy salsa verde that's got avocado blended in it, lime, chopped onion, and maybe some cilantro. The only cheese acceptable on these is queso fresco, and only a small amount, but I never put it on there.

Also chopped steak- cecina and sometimes chorizo. Same toppings.

Very rarely I'll make homemade hard shell tacos, but I sautee up ground beef with finely chopped potato, seeded/juiced tomato, jalepeņo,onion, garlic, and cumin. Soften the tortillas in a dry skillet, fill them with a couple of tablespoons of the ground beef mixture, fold it up, and fry it that way until crispy. That's the way my ex's family taught me. Those, I'll add sour cream or crema mexicana and some kind of salsa, but still really no cheese. Maybe chopped onion and tomato.

Araciel
06-26-2014, 06:45 PM
Old El Paso <4

Only teh meat, cheddar, lettuce, and SOMETIMES a bit of salsa.

Mirage
06-26-2014, 07:17 PM
I put ground beef (with taco seasoning) and then lettuce and then tomato and then cheese and the salsa and then sour cream, in that order.

Hard shell always

Sounds like me, except hard shells suck.

Sephex
06-26-2014, 10:01 PM
Everyone is going to scream at me, but I enjoy hard shell tacos with shredded cheese on them. I am mainly talking about homemade tacos because I think they taste better with when they are more simple. I know most people prefer soft shell, but I really like the texture of the hard shell with homemade tacos.

Araciel
06-27-2014, 03:36 AM
Oh I totally prefer hard-shell.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-27-2014, 09:28 AM
Soft shell, meat, cheese.

I'm pretty basic when it comes to tacos.

Quotes out of context thread, I've got a winner here.

Mirage
06-27-2014, 10:53 AM
Hard shells always break and then your goddamn tacos are on the plate instead of in your mouth. Fuck shells, love tortillas.

Shorty
06-27-2014, 04:41 PM
Yeah, no love for hard shell tacos. No thank you. Unless they are the doritos tacos from Taco Bell, in which case I can forgive the hard shell.

Taco tortillas with beans, seasoned beef, tomatoes, avocado or guacamole, sour cream, salsa, shredded cheese. No lettuce, because lettuce is the worst.

metagloria
06-27-2014, 04:47 PM
Meat and cheese, please. Frankly I prefer the other stuff that turns a taco into a burrito...beans, fried potatoes, maybe rice, onions, that kind of thing.

escobert
06-27-2014, 04:47 PM
Beef, cheese, lettuce, sour cream and if we got a taco kit the other sauce they put in it too.

Formalhaut
06-27-2014, 07:17 PM
I still have yet to have a taco. Damn. I need to eat some!

Alive-Cat
06-27-2014, 07:51 PM

Hard shell always

StarCross1988
06-28-2014, 12:29 AM
I prefer hard shell, but am the only one in my family who does so I never get to have them. :(

I sometimes do ground turkey or chicken instead of beef just for a little more on the healthier side. Sour cream, cheese, lettuce, and tomato go on my tacos. I might use a little hot sauce, just depends on my mood.

Colonel Angus
06-28-2014, 12:34 AM
A couple of days ago mi madre made the best darn chicken tacos I ever had. Chicken, crumbled cheese, tomato & lettuce on a SOFT tortilla.

CimminyCricket
06-28-2014, 12:54 AM
I put lots of cheese, ground beef, a little bit of lettuce and stuff. I like tacos

fire_of_avalon
06-28-2014, 07:14 PM
I still have yet to have a taco. Damn. I need to eat some!

Wh....wha....What

How have you never had a taco? ;______;

Miss Mae
06-29-2014, 10:41 AM
Hard shell preferably. Beef mince with my homemade seasoning/sauce through it, lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream.

blackmage_nuke
06-29-2014, 11:59 AM
Whatever the person buying me a taco gets. I've never bought my own taco or actively gone out of my way to get a taco.