PDA

View Full Version : Most Underused Character

Sephex
06-26-2014, 09:32 AM
With such a large cast, which character tends to stay on the sideline the most?

For me, it would probably me Umaro and Gau.

As for Umaro, I just don't like not being able to control the character. I know he's a "secret" character, but he feels a little too shoehorned in the game, as well. I mean, you could make the same argument about Gogo, but Gogo is a cool, character that can be customized.

Gau would be the other one. I like this character and story, but I just can't ever get into enemy skills (with the exception of FFVII).

maybee
06-26-2014, 10:28 AM
Gau. I like this character and story, but I just can't ever get into enemy skills (with the exception of FFVII).

Shiva95
06-26-2014, 12:23 PM
For me, it's Umaro. I always get him, but never use it. I don't like being not able to control him.

Wolf Kanno
06-26-2014, 06:02 PM
Umaro is too much fun to watch in battle for me to ignore him. Gogo is who I usually leave behind, yes he can be customized to be like the other characters but he's distinctly a pale imitation of them who doesn't have the stats to back them up.

Sephex
06-26-2014, 09:37 PM
Umaro is too much fun to watch in battle for me to ignore him. Gogo is who I usually leave behind, yes he can be customized to be like the other characters but he's distinctly a pale imitation of them who doesn't have the stats to back them up.

That's a good point. That does bother me about the character when I play FFVI. That being said, I just can't get over not controlling Umaro. Hmmm...MAYBE...just maybe...I'll give Umaro a fair shake next time I play.

Wolf Kanno
06-27-2014, 03:37 AM
Once Umaro gets the Rage Band relic and starts using your own party members as weapons, battles are just fun with him in it. I don't know, I like Berserkers.

Sephex
06-27-2014, 05:08 AM
Once Umaro gets the Rage Band relic and starts using your own party members as weapons, battles are just fun with him in it. I don't know, I like Berserkers.

When I first played through the game I did use Umaro a bit with the set up you are talking about. I did find it amusing, but I couldn't get over not controlling him.

Then again, I used to be a HUGE fan of Shadow when I was younger, but as the years gone by I don't feel nearly as strongly about him. So yeah, that's another reason why I should give the Umaro another chance, I suppose.

Christmas
06-27-2014, 06:32 AM
Terra and Locke. They are like the first characters I controlled. I am a very sentimental person and will not just change them off this easily. :mymelbert:

And when Terra flew off at one point of the game, I flew off in rage and insanity. :chocobo:

Rez09
06-27-2014, 08:13 AM
Umaro, Terra, and Realm are probably the characters I use the least.

In Umaro's case, he cannot equip Espers, so I can't grow his stats, and I cannot give him Imp gear with Dragoon Boots/Horn to make an awesome Dragoon, so I never have much use for him. This is especially compounded by the manner in which I play the game, either low level natural magic or stat-maxing/optimizing, where he'll invariably wipe my party in the case of the former or is left so far behind he's ultimately useless in the latter. I still like him, but . . . T_T

When it comes to Terra, I . . . basically forget she's a character most of the time. Like, she's the person I talk to on my airship to change characters all the time, and I'm always surprised when she's on the list of people I can put in my party. ._.
There's nothing wrong with her -- she's amazing actually, I just . . . use Celes for everything I'd use Terra for, plus Runic.

And, lastly, regarding Realm, sketch is too sketchy for me, and control, Lore teaching excepted, isn't helpful often enough to be worth my time. She has a solid magic stat, but so does almost everyone when I'm done with them, and I don't care about the Cat Hood, as I am NEVER starved for money in this game. In fact, Realm is so unexceptional that she is, more often than not, the character I make my Imp Dragoon then forget about. >_<