PDA

View Full Version : Waffles

Pike
06-26-2014, 04:02 PM
I love waffles with pure maple syrup! :love:

What do you put on your waffles? Do you make your own?

noxious.sunshine
06-26-2014, 04:07 PM
my dad likes Eggos Homestyle waffles. Yes, that is the only kind he will eat. He's a brand whore.

Pike
06-26-2014, 04:09 PM
Well Eggos are fantastic and I used to love to eat them frozen (no longer can because gluten but)

Pumpkin
06-26-2014, 04:10 PM
I like frozen packaged waffles a lot more than I like homemade or restaurant made, which apparently makes me weird. I like them with chocolate chips and syrup :D

chionos
06-26-2014, 04:27 PM
I like waffles || In the trash.

I'll take my waffles with butter and home-made syrup and FRENCH TOAST INSTEAD OF WAFFLES. Please.

Shorty
06-26-2014, 04:48 PM
Waffles are so fucking good. Tied with french toast for favorite breakfast food.

I put bacon pieces in my mix to make them extra fatty. :bigsmile:

chionos
06-26-2014, 05:03 PM
Waffles are so smurfing good. Tied with french toast for favorite breakfast food.

There is no tie! That is blasphemy! French Toast is in a whole other plane of existence compared to waffles! You people must not have had actual good French Toast or you wouldn't be so ignorant! I can't blame you for that, only pity you so maybe I should stop shouting! I feel deeply for all of you poor souls who think waffles are better, or even as good as, French Toast. You've obviously led poor, unsatisfying, sheltered lives.

Pumpkin
06-26-2014, 05:04 PM
I do prefer French Toast (also easier to make :D) but I still like Waffles

I pronounce them waff-lays sometimes for funsies

chionos
06-26-2014, 05:12 PM
I do prefer French Toast (also easier to make :D) but I still like Waffles

I pronounce them waff-lays sometimes for funsies

That almost makes me interested in waffles. Just to be able to say it that way.

ALMOST.

Shorty
06-26-2014, 05:18 PM
Waffles are so smurfing good. Tied with french toast for favorite breakfast food.

There is no tie! That is blasphemy! French Toast is in a whole other plane of existence compared to waffles! You people must not have had actual good French Toast or you wouldn't be so ignorant! I can't blame you for that, only pity you so maybe I should stop shouting! I feel deeply for all of you poor souls who think waffles are better, or even as good as, French Toast. You've obviously led poor, unsatisfying, sheltered lives.

On the contrary, friend, it is you who cannot appreciate the heaven-sent breakfast food that are waffles, and therefore, it is you who has obviously led a poo, unsatisfying, sheltered life.

I was on the side of french toast until now. :colbert: WAFFLES REIGN SUPREME

Formalhaut
06-26-2014, 05:21 PM
I love waffles. I love breakfast food in general though, so that is no surprise.

chionos
06-26-2014, 05:30 PM

On the contrary, friend, it is you who cannot appreciate the heaven-sent breakfast food that are waffles, and therefore, it is you who has obviously led a poo, unsatisfying, sheltered life.

:nod: Keep telling yourself that, friend...lady...ex-wife.

I was on the side of french toast until now. :colbert: WAFFLES REIGN SUPREME

FINE! More French Toast for me.

Shauna
06-26-2014, 06:06 PM
Waffles are great! Especially with tomato sauce or beans or something. :D

Shorty
06-26-2014, 06:11 PM
SHAUNA IS AN IMPOSTER EVERYONE GET HER

Shauna
06-26-2014, 06:17 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0WQlimowBg0/T383F7cyjMI/AAAAAAAAD6k/BDECgT3l6Ic/s1600/IMG_3923.JPG

:confused:

Sephex
06-26-2014, 09:58 PM
Syrup and butter is all I need. I like those big Belgium waffles you can typically find at restaurants.

Miss Mae
06-28-2014, 04:30 AM
I've never had good waffles; they've always been dry. On pancakes I like either butter and maple syup or stewed apple with cinnamon and syrup, so I'm going to guess I'd like my waffles the same.

Colonel Angus
06-28-2014, 05:09 AM
I always thought a stewed apple was an apple w/ a drinking problem.

I like Waffles, but they are better heated in the oven than in the toaster. They get cold again too fast out of the toaster.

Shauna, do you guys eat beans w/ every meal?

Jiro
06-28-2014, 07:28 AM
DarkBahamut and I share a similar feeling toward waffles, I feel. This has been a point of bonding on our parts.

Christmas
06-28-2014, 09:35 AM
Anything that is sweet like honey, sugar, syrup~~~etc etc! :bigsmile:

But not lard, not for my waffles. :erm:

Shauna
06-28-2014, 09:51 AM

The joke really is that the waffles I posted are made of potato. Everyone else was referring to Belgian waffles which are typically sweet. Just the old switcheroo.

Christmas
06-28-2014, 10:08 AM
No wonder they look like hash brown.

Miss Mae
06-28-2014, 10:59 AM

The joke really is that the waffles I posted are made of potato. Everyone else was referring to Belgian waffles which are typically sweet. Just the old switcheroo.
Potato waffles? I can get behind this.

fire_of_avalon
06-28-2014, 06:57 PM
Shauna, please let me holler at you about some potato waffles, because that sounds glorious.

Sometimes I desire the crispness and organization of a waffle. Sometimes I desire the dense chaos of a pancake. Most times I JUST WANT FRENCH TOAST TOO VIVA LA REVOLUTION HON HON HON

chionos
06-30-2014, 06:47 PM
Most times I JUST WANT :love:FRENCH:love:TOAST:love: TOO VIVA LA REVOLUTION HON HON HON

I KNEW I LOVED YOU FOR SOME REASON!

Jess
06-30-2014, 07:27 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0WQlimowBg0/T383F7cyjMI/AAAAAAAAD6k/BDECgT3l6Ic/s1600/IMG_3923.JPG

:confused:
YES! :jess:

Shiny
07-01-2014, 04:26 PM
I typically put maple syrup, strawberry jam, or grape jam on my waffles. I really love Belgian waffles, but quite often I make my own because I have a waffle/pancake maker.

metagloria
07-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Listen. Waffle, french toast, or pancake, I couldn't care less. If I can drown it in maple syrup, I'm eating it.

That said, one of my all-time greatest culinary creations is a waffle covered in barbecued pulled pork, cheddar cheese, pecans, and maple syrup. Yes, seriously.

Pumpkin
07-01-2014, 04:52 PM
I noticed something that Waflles are great at, however. Unlike pancakes and French toast, they have BUILT IN SYRUP POCKETS

Colonel Angus
07-02-2014, 12:14 AM
A whole thread on waffles, & not one mention of:

chionos
07-02-2014, 03:44 PM
I noticed something that Waflles are great at, however. Unlike pancakes and French toast, they have BUILT IN SYRUP POCKETS

That's....cheating...or something.