PDA

View Full Version : Sequel or a prequel?

Pumpkin
06-26-2014, 10:48 PM
I love this game but I really don't feel like it has anywhere to go with a sequel or a prequel. However, let's pretend that there was going to be one. Would you prefer a sequel to this game or a prequel? What do you think it would be about?

I think maybe a prequel could work if it was way way back, basically several hundred years, just so we could see the history of Gaia, or maybe around 1000 years ago when stuff starts rebuilding after Terra failed to absorb it.

A sequel could maybe work if they went far in to the future near the time of the planet's death

Christmas
06-27-2014, 01:08 AM
A sequel about Quina braving the dangers and attaining inner peace all for one purpose, to get the frogs. :bigsmile:

Sephex
06-27-2014, 05:11 AM
A sequel would work better, but no matter what they do, it would probably be really lackluster like The After Years or something. I mean. Ugh. No. Why. Sheesh. Geez. Man. Urgh. *pukes*

Formalhaut
06-28-2014, 07:11 PM
This game is the most standalone Final Fantasy game I can imagine, to be honest. I can't really picture a sequel or a prequel.

Ergroilnin
07-16-2014, 09:43 PM
Neither really. I can't see any scenario that would work for sequel at all and I don't think I would be interested in prequel (I think it would have to go all the way back to when Tera people went to sleep and I wouldn't find it very interesting anyway.).

Freya
07-18-2014, 10:19 PM
Yeah honestly I can't think of either for it. It really is a great standalone. Maybe a prequel when lindblum and Alexandria were at war?

Dat Matt
07-19-2014, 02:04 AM
Prequel - The tales of Tantalus.
Amrant's Backstory.
What made Sir Flately (was it?) lose his memory and the events leading up to it.
How the queen went mad.

Seems like there is a lot that could be covered.

Ergroilnin
07-19-2014, 09:46 AM
Prequel - The tales of Tantalus.
Amrant's Backstory.
What made Sir Flately (was it?) lose his memory and the events leading up to it.
How the queen went mad.

Seems like there is a lot that could be covered.

If anything those things shoudl be covered by some novel. I can't really see a decent game storyline explaining all these.

Ayen
07-19-2014, 09:50 AM
Can we just have a spin-off game where we play as Beatrix instead?

Levon
07-31-2014, 07:22 PM
In general, it seems that for the most FFs, a prequel would work best. For FFIX, I'd prefer...neither.

Spin-off with Sir Fratley would be kinda nice though (even though that could count as a prequel I guess)

Dat Matt
07-31-2014, 08:17 PM
I know there was a story part for it in the game, but imagine having control of Sir Fratley and Freya in a Crisis core sort of enviroment. You know what happens, but you still hate to see them suffer at the end.

Could easily make a new story about the Bermecian Knights.

Shiva95
08-02-2014, 01:40 PM
I don't think that FFIX needs a prequel or a sequel, but it is true that it would be interesting to have a prequel with Sir Fratley and Freya.

Fatal Rose
08-20-2014, 06:15 PM
Kuja survives and seeks redemption
Sir Fratleys quest for his lost memory and how he originally lost it