PDA

View Full Version : Bluray hangups

Mercen-X
06-27-2014, 10:47 PM
I don't remember ever having this issue with DVD players. Sure, they may only have a play button, but the play button made every fucking DVD actually play the damned movie. The bluray has this stupid issue that because some blurays need to have the Play option "selected" using the "okay" button, the bluray player itself will never actually play the movie. So if you for some reason lose your remote, there are hundreds of blurays you won't be able to watch. I don't know who to blame here: the bluray player manufacturers stupid enough to design the box so the play button only plays/pauses the movie without actually "selecting" the play button OR the complete idiots responsible for programming the BRDs to respond only to the okay button. Of course, both are equally stupid and if I was alone in a room with them, I would make them both legally mentally defunct by beating them senseless.

Yes... I am currently very angry.

Shauna
06-27-2014, 10:48 PM
I don't think this is an issue that has come about with Blu-Rays. Some DVDs don't autoplay either, and I'm sure that hardware problem isn't new either.

Moral of the story is don't lose the remote.

escobert
06-27-2014, 11:08 PM
Yeah I ran into this on a few DvDs. Smurf DVDs and blurays! :mad2:

Mercen-X
06-28-2014, 12:43 AM
I also hate "Universal Remotes". They come with all of these useless buttons that are supposed to imply that you can use them for VCRs and DVD players, but when you try to program them for these devices, the chapter buttons usually don't work.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
06-28-2014, 08:58 PM
This is why I use my xbox or playstation for dvds and blurays.

Parker
06-28-2014, 09:44 PM
i am mad because the player i bought died

i neeeded it cos it was firmware broken to play US blus and now i need a whole new player