PDA

View Full Version : Girl Meets World (Spoilers Marked)

Shlup
06-28-2014, 06:23 AM
So I was kind of sure this was going to be a trainwreck, since Disney's live action shows are known for teaching kids shitty values. Sneaking out with no consequences, backtalk met with a smile, idolizing the girl who's flunking out of school... It was kind of awful. Much of it made no sense. They did try to instill one very important value though: friends should be a good influence on each other, not a bad one.

Feeny appears to be dead. The actor is old as fuck and I was worried they'd have an actual episode about him dying and my childhood would be ruined forever.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-28-2014, 07:04 AM
It felt like any other Disney show, which kind of sucks. I'll still watch it from time to time to see if it improves to me. I'm more interested in seeing where this show goes should it last multiple seasons. The first season of Boy Meets World was way cheesy like this and had a lot of similar issues I felt. Despite that, I felt it was better put together, and I just like the characters more in Boy Meets World.

Jessweeee♪
06-28-2014, 07:50 AM
Yeah I expect the series to be not great and I kind of expected the first episode to be especially bad. I am probably going to watch the whole thing anyway though :|

Del Murder
06-28-2014, 08:02 AM
Is this the world we live in, where you need to have spoilers for Girl Meets World?

Shlup
06-28-2014, 12:16 PM
It was the one thing I cared about in this show and motherfucking Rye spoiled it on motherfucking Facebook!

Alive-Cat
06-28-2014, 01:34 PM
I had no idea about this. Oh my god. Girl Meets World. What will they do next? :p

I'd like to watch all of Boy Meets World again from the start, to be honest. Childhood.

Jessweeee♪
06-28-2014, 06:37 PM
It was the one thing I cared about in this show and mothersmurfing Rye spoiled it on mothersmurfing Facebook!

oops I think that was me actually I didn't think anyone else I knew was actually gonna watch it :onoes:

I'm a bad person I'm sorry :<

I Took the Red Pill
06-28-2014, 06:44 PM
I watched it. It was...okay, I guess. I feel like, even in the cheesy first seasons, Boy Meets World had more actual jokes, that were actually pretty clever sometimes. But similar to anytime I watch a showed aimed at a younger audience these days, I can't tell if the TV shows from my "glory days" were actually better, or if they were just better to me because I, and my brain, were younger back then.

I will say that Farkle is a terrible, terrible character. Minkus worked as an annoying, yet funny and sometimes endearing character. This kid and the lines they've written for him are just absolute garbage.

fire_of_avalon
06-28-2014, 07:38 PM
I won't watch it because I really loved Boy Meets World and thought they dealt with some really topical, important things in a good way for child and adolescent foa. This seems like it will just be Hannah Montana or Jessie with some nostalgia thrown in to entice me and I won't have it.

Unless maybe Rider Strong is in it, then fuck you guys, what do you expect from me?

Freya
06-28-2014, 08:49 PM
Oh there's two episodes on the watchdisney.com

Amusing.

Oh Episode 2 is much better than the first.

Jessweeee♪
06-28-2014, 10:02 PM
I will say that Farkle is a terrible, terrible character. Minkus worked as an annoying, yet funny and sometimes endearing character. This kid and the lines they've written for him are just absolute garbage.

Minkus 2.0 was probably among my least favorite things about it. I hope the actor is at least having fun.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-29-2014, 02:29 AM
I watched the first episode. It was good to see Cory, Topanga and Feeny again but I think i'll only be watching when I hear there's an old cast cameo. I don't have anyone young to watch it with and the issues of growing up with homework, cute boys and daily parental advice don't really pertain to me, which is fine :)

Shlup
06-29-2014, 06:40 AM
It was the one thing I cared about in this show and mothersmurfing Rye spoiled it on mothersmurfing Facebook!

oops I think that was me actually I didn't think anyone else I knew was actually gonna watch it :onoes:

I'm a bad person I'm sorry :<

*looks* Oh yeah, it was you. I have like 7 goddamn Jessicas on my friend's list!

I'm not actually mad. I had actually forgotten about it entirely until I saw your post.

Shiny
06-30-2014, 01:52 AM
They need to stop ruining people's childhoods.

Mercen-X
06-30-2014, 04:51 AM
W...

T...

F...

What the famous face of Disney is Girl Meets World?