PDA

View Full Version : Favorite maps in FPS games

Pike
06-28-2014, 07:25 PM
I'm gonna start with a classic: The Facility from Goldeneye 007.

(And yes, I know I'm being heretical by starting the thread off with a console shooter.)

Psychotic
06-28-2014, 07:33 PM
The Pit and Valhalla on da awo 3.

Slothy
06-28-2014, 08:16 PM
Dustbowl from Team Fortress is my favourite. Badwater from TF2 is up there as well.

And Dust 2 from pretty much any CS is probably the most balanced map I've seen in any game.

I Took the Red Pill
06-28-2014, 08:26 PM
The Pit on Halo 3 is the greatest FPS map of all time.

Honorable Mentions:

Guardian (Halo 3), High Ground (Halo 3), Arica Harbor (Battlefield Bad Company 2), Terminal (COD: MW2), Highrise (COD: MW2), Fuel Depot (Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory)

Karifean
06-28-2014, 08:54 PM
Crossfire from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Highrise from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Madame Adequate
06-28-2014, 09:57 PM
Y'all know what this is.

Slothy
06-28-2014, 10:40 PM
Pretty good map that.

The Man
06-28-2014, 10:44 PM
Marathon 2 - Kill Your Television may be my all time favourite.

escobert
06-29-2014, 06:19 AM
CCS Office

Lonely Paper Star
06-29-2014, 06:59 AM
Summit and Five (zombies mode) on CoD: Black Ops 1; Express, Downhill, and Grind in CoD: Black Ops 2.

Araciel
06-29-2014, 02:43 PM
...Blood Gulch?

Iceglow
06-29-2014, 10:14 PM
Even I'm a little lost looking at the map Hux posted but then, I'm better with 3D maps so I can better picture what it looks like.

Valhalla on Halo 3 is definitely a massive mention as is The Pit. Reach had a couple of memorable ones too such as the remake of Blood Gulch which pretty much dominated the Team Death Match options for me, Paul and Dan.

The Man
06-29-2014, 10:20 PM
Huxley's map is E1M1 from the first Doom. Surely everyone's played that.

escobert
06-30-2014, 12:44 AM
I haven't since I never played doom :p

and how on earth did I forget this? http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarus :p

Slothy
06-30-2014, 01:13 AM
There is literally no excuse for never having played Doom.

Bolivar
06-30-2014, 03:17 AM
Killzone 2 had some of the best map design I've ever seen in an FPS - Corinth Crossing, Blood Gracht, Radec Academy, Tharsis Depot, and Pyrrhus all left a big impression on me with their multiple pathways and strategically placed turrets/ammo crates.

Counter-Strike was ahead of its time, pioneering the modern FPS with its winding urban hallways. Some of my favorites are cs_office, de_cbble, cs_estate, the dozens of community maps whose names I can't remember and that's not even getting into dust, its successor, and numerous progeny.

Call of Duty ran with that template and has had unbelievable ones - Crash, Backlot, Terminal, Favela, Estate, Afghan, Sub Base, Lockdown, Downturn, Resistance, it's insane what they can crank out over there. Ghosts has some of the best maps yet, with Tremor, Octane, Freight, Chasm, and Warhawk standing out for me.

I'm really looking forward to Epic's upcoming reboot of Unreal. Some of my favorites in UTIII were Shangri La, Heat Ray, Sanctuary, and the remakes of Deck and Facing Worlds.

escobert
06-30-2014, 01:06 PM

Besides that I don't enjoy scifi shooters. That have zero interest to me. Also single player FPS is boring shit.

Slothy
06-30-2014, 04:21 PM

Besides that I don't enjoy scifi shooters. That have zero interest to me. Also single player FPS is boring trout.

Spoken like someone who's never played Doom. :p

Quindiana Jones
06-30-2014, 04:36 PM
Even I'm a little lost looking at the map Hux posted but then, I'm better with 3D maps so I can better picture what it looks like.

Valhalla on Halo 3 is definitely a massive mention as is The Pit. Reach had a couple of memorable ones too such as the remake of Blood Gulch which pretty much dominated the Team Death Match options for me, Paul and Dan.

AND ALSO QUIN WHO WAS ALSO THERE A LOT, YOU NONCE. :stare:

escobert
06-30-2014, 05:02 PM

Besides that I don't enjoy scifi shooters. That have zero interest to me. Also single player FPS is boring trout.

Spoken like someone who's never played Doom. :p

and I never will. I owned it, I had no desire to play it and never will.

Slothy
06-30-2014, 05:12 PM
The statement that you will never play it makes no sense though since you've confirmed you've never played, and your assumptions about the game are also dead wrong.

It's a sci-fi shooter in about the same way that the Walking Dead is about a family that went camping in the woods. And saying single player FPS's are all boring is the sort of blanket statement that's inherently silly. Doom is absolutely nothing like any FPS made after it save perhaps the original Quake and Painkiller. Any assumptions you have about it based on what other titles are like are irrelevant.

Skyblade
06-30-2014, 05:19 PM
Favorite maps in First Person Shooter games? Well, Phendrana Drifts was absolutely fantastic in Metroid Prime.

Perhaps you should have specified multiplayer maps. ;)

Pike
06-30-2014, 05:22 PM
Favorite maps in First Person Shooter games? Well, Phendrana Drifts was absolutely fantastic in Metroid Prime.

Perhaps you should have specified multiplayer maps. ;)

Oh no, I don't mind either way! Post single player maps if you want as well! :D

escobert
06-30-2014, 06:22 PM
The statement that you will never play it makes no sense though since you've confirmed you've never played, and your assumptions about the game are also dead wrong.

It's a sci-fi shooter in about the same way that the Walking Dead is about a family that went camping in the woods. And saying single player FPS's are all boring is the sort of blanket statement that's inherently silly. Doom is absolutely nothing like any FPS made after it save perhaps the original Quake and Painkiller. Any assumptions you have about it based on what other titles are like are irrelevant.

Ok let me specify. I do not enjoy shooters that do not use real guns. I don't give to fucks about blowing shit up. And while it may be a blanket statement that single player FPSs are boring, it's the truth in my case. I have never played a FPS for the single player mode except Marathon and Wolfenstein 3D. and my "assumptions" lol as If I have never seen a video of doom or my friends playing.

Iceglow
07-04-2014, 06:18 PM

AND ALSO QUIN WHO WAS ALSO THERE A LOT, YOU NONCE. :stare:

Well tbf you pissed off to China and so I kinda forget about you. Come back to civilization and play games and we'll talk!

Old Manus
07-05-2014, 12:12 AM