PDA

View Full Version : WarMech

Wolf Kanno
06-28-2014, 08:47 PM
How many people got the lucky chance to encounter this bad boy and beat it?
http://www.garath.net/Sullla/FF/FFbb%20warmech.JPG

VeloZer0
06-28-2014, 10:11 PM
Pfh... only one.

I think he is one of the more enjoyable easter eggs from the game, though I would probably be changing my opinion if I ran into him by accident instead of on purpose.

Rez09
06-28-2014, 10:45 PM
I ran into him as a kid and thought he was a fixed encounter on the bridge, which lead to much grinding and confusion. I know I've beaten the WarMech in remakes of the game, but I don't know if I've ever beaten it in the original -- it gets pre-emptive strikes far too often and has a nasty habit of taking down people I'd prefer it didn't before I get a turn.

Colonel Angus
06-28-2014, 10:47 PM
I think in the remakes it might be easier, but I've beaten him on the NES. I've also died to it.

Wolf Kanno
06-29-2014, 08:52 AM
I don't think I challenged him on the FF:Origins version but I did run into it one my playthrough the NES version and I was lucky enough to come out relatively in good shape with one character dead but at least with a Life spell left to fix them up. I kind of miss the uber powerful random encounter monsters.

Rez09
06-29-2014, 09:16 AM
I'd love to see the WarMech come back in a new FF as a crazy powerful, super rare random encounter. It's rather unfortunate Omega keeps coming back, but never the series' original super enemy.

theundeadhero
07-01-2014, 07:30 PM
Tons of times on the NES. The very first time I ran across him he destroyed me, but I used that bridge on a much later playthrough to level cap at 50 and fought him often enough.

Sephex
07-02-2014, 01:13 AM
Last time I played the NES version emulated, I sped the game speed up till I encountered it real quick. I won without too much trouble, but I tend to be at a good level when go through this game these days.

Venom65437
07-05-2014, 05:02 AM
Beat him a long time ago but I can't remember the last time I actually ran into him.