PDA

View Full Version : Ultima

Wolf Kanno
06-28-2014, 09:11 PM
Maybe its the fact this was the first game I ever saw it in, but I still feel that no game has ever done Ultima justice in terms of just looking like a devastating attack in battle. Yes Kuja gets a nifty version of it for cutscenes but seriously Ultima in VI I felt truly embodies its name better than any other entry. :colbert:

http://lparchive.org/Final-Fantasy-VI-Advance-%28by-vilkacis%29/Update%2041/42-ffvi41_115.png

Rez09
06-29-2014, 12:22 AM
It's the animation I think of when I think of the spell.

*bwwwwaaaaaaAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH*
*pwing*
9999 Damage

Big D
06-29-2014, 02:58 AM
I don't remember using it a lot in FFVI, but I loved the animation in FFVII. The character throws out a tiny green sparkle, which erupts into a screen-blanking green flare. I love the buildup from such a small beginning, like all that energy was packed into those few green sparks at the beginning.

Spooniest
06-29-2014, 03:12 AM
I remember spamming Ultima a lot when I was a young FFVI player; it gets boring as you play the game year after year.

You wouldn't think to look at it, but it originated in FFII. Not bad for a game considered the worst in the series.

Pumpkin
06-29-2014, 03:33 AM
I like that one that I can't remember which game it was in but it looks really cool :bigsmile:

Wolf Kanno
06-29-2014, 08:51 AM
I don't remember using it a lot in FFVI, but I loved the animation in FFVII. The character throws out a tiny green sparkle, which erupts into a screen-blanking green flare. I love the buildup from such a small beginning, like all that energy was packed into those few green sparks at the beginning.

The funny thing here is that VII's is my least favorite. It just looks like a green mist to me like Cloud (or whoever) just passed gas. :lol:

Neptunia
06-30-2014, 02:56 AM
I like FFX's ultima the best. 9's one would have been better if we could cast it, but doomsday is pretty damn impressive anyway. isnt ultima in 7 just the lifestream nuking the enemy? I used the one in ff8 once and was underwhelmed.